Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Sep 08, 2003, 12:57 AM
Find More Posts by King Kong

What are the best servos?

I'm building a rudder elivator dlg, and I'm curious what are the best servos to use. I plan to use a pull pull system if it matters.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2003, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by John Gallagher
A lot of people consider the JR241 servo to be very good if not the best. A while back someone did a test on sub-miniture servos and the 241 had supperior centering - something very important for a DLG. Things change quickly in this hobby, so there might be a better one now, but both Polecat aero (XP-3) and the Taboo manufacturer recommends jr241's.
I use hs55's in my Avenger and like the servo although it doesn't center well.

John
Old Sep 13, 2003, 08:49 PM
Find More Posts by LWThompson

What John Said

I agree with John. I use a variety of servos. Some are HiTec, some Cirrus, some GWS, some Dymond and some JR.

You will want to match servo specifications to your criteria. A few questions to ask would be...

How important is servo centering?
How important is having ball bearings?
How much current does it draw idle; while moving?
How much torque do I need for each surface?
Do I want to standardize on one servo?
How big is my battery?
How much will the RX draw?
Is there a gyro involved?

Also check out the micro servo thread in this section.
Last edited by LWThompson; Sep 13, 2003 at 08:53 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 10:47 PM
Find More Posts by AustinTatious
AustinTatious
I woudl suggest the CS 4.9 gram servos... They have a lot of torque for their size. I use them on my rudder and elevator on an ENIGMA DLG. I use 6.4's in the wings. Great little servos AND LIGHT!! pretty cheap too. 18 bucks for 6.2's and 24 for 4.9's If you want save the 12 dollars and weight a whole gram more.. hehe