Sep 08, 2011, 07:44 PM
Gravity sucks :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways
I would imagine that was a slight miscalculation. I highly doubt DJI ran an unadvertised sale, probably was just a mistake on the web developers part.
Sorry that was my failed attempt for a joke, I will gladly pay 1200 for the WKM
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2011, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmt
Damn, I just missed the special 1000 USD sale!
I thought it was funny.
Sep 09, 2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood
Since I am in the process of getting a Droidworx Octo, will any new modules, or Y splitters be needed to get 8 motor outputs from the DJI hardware? Will you still be able to access the camera gimbals channels plus the gain channels?
Any info about what the power module is will be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood
Order on hold until I get some more information about octo configuration, and if any limitations.
DJI since you are advertizing it on your website and in the forums that your autopilot supports an octo configuration I would like an answer to my questions.
If you don't know how the octo configuration will be implemented then why advertize it in the first place.

This post ignoring because the answer is not in favor is wrong.
Sep 09, 2011, 01:44 AM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
DJI is also advertising on their site about the "power module"...
It is the 4th time I ask this question : "what is it exactly ?" ...
DJI you should not ignore questions from your customers... that's not the right way to do...
Or you annonce and advertise and explain or you wait until you can (or want) to answer to questions...
Sep 09, 2011, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protowax
DJI is also advertising on their site about the "power module"...
It is the 4th time I ask this question : "what is it exactly ?" ...
DJI you should not ignore questions from your customers... that's not the right way to do...
Or you annonce and advertise and explain or you wait until you can (or want) to answer to questions...
You can ask 1,000 times, the answer is the same. We will release on Sept 14, all the detail. We don't ignore customers. We will answer the question when the product becomes available. Since, we have not sold or shipped one single unit your comment is rather unreasonable I am afraid.

We have maintained release date of X8 and Octo + power module by Sept 14, 2011.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=586
Last edited by sidneyw; Sep 09, 2011 at 02:05 AM.
Sep 09, 2011, 02:34 AM
Discipulus est prioris posteri
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
You can ask 1,000 times, the answer is the same. We will release on Sept 14, all the detail. We don't ignore customers. We will answer the question when the product becomes available. Since, we have not sold or shipped one single unit your comment is rather unreasonable I am afraid.

We have maintained release date of X8 and Octo + power module by Sept 14, 2011.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=586
I don't like the way you answer... and I don't know if you are speaking for DJI or for yourself. I don't even know who you are : on your avatar, nothing says that you are from DJI Innovations.

Here is a link : http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/pr...ong-m_features

it presents new features and no mention "to be released"... then If you buy today on dji innovations, you should get this new features without any information...
Sep 09, 2011, 02:47 AM
protowax: Does anyone force you to buy their "unknown" product before Sept. 14? If you do not like honest replies, then you might try your luck with XA products and their promises (it's always "tomorrow" or "next week" for them). You could also ask Jeff Bezos each and every day for the specs of their new tablet (with photos and videos of it of course) and then spam the forum every day with complains about Amazon's announcement policy.
Sep 09, 2011, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protowax
I don't like the way you answer... and I don't know if you are speaking for DJI or for yourself. I don't even know who you are : on your avatar, nothing says that you are from DJI Innovations.

Here is a link : http://www.dji-innovations.com/en/pr...ong-m_features

it presents new features and no mention "to be released"... then If you buy today on dji innovations, you should get this new features without any information...

You don't have to like my answer, if you read carefully all features with * marking on the side "new" in red.

*Notice: These features are coming soon.

Sep 09, 2011, 03:40 AM
I understand is WK-M is not a hobby grade FC and it demands slightly higher attention as compared to Kk or Multiwii boards but i'm siding with the distributors now cause WK-M is not even 3mths from release and its not even considered 'launched' yet.

*Do note that Chinese do not work the same way as americans or europeans. For businesses (like retail), we do not 'launch' once the shop is open for business. We only 'launch' after a few months of business. Some very profitable business only have their launch party (with all the lion dance & stuff) ONE full year after their shop has started business.

To DJI, this is considered 'pre-launch' which is where the discount comes in. Not for 'lab testing' but rather for fine tuning. Even Windows 7 & Mac Lion has issues in the first few months of launch.

Which is the reason why they cannot give a exact reply to all the requested questions like power module, octo, s-bus, ppm, disarm/arming, etc.

Once the price goes back to the RRP, i personally think that DJI would have all the features implemented and maybe at that time, users who brought the product has the right to make ho-ha (like in Xaircraft) if for example, something does not work.

Cheers to all. Keep the thread friendly please. I got a DJI myself and will be sharing my setup soon.
Sep 09, 2011, 04:49 AM
I also wish people would read the forums properly and read the advertised imformation properly rather than just skim reading and jumping to conclusions.

The information about Octo and other configs has been in the downladable manual for a while now

People, please read the information properly before asking questions
Sep 09, 2011, 05:49 AM
I don't have concrete information, I won't post.

Sept. 14th will have everything for Octo, power module (BEC), S-bus.

As always, DJI will take care of its existing customers. You will not buy a WK-M and then be stuck with a V1 and be left out to dry 2 weeks later with some V2 version. That would be a very bad business practice.

XP 3.1 was the original Autopilot for Heli. Worked great and was in service for many years. Retail was $3999. Then the new version with smaller hardware and performance features The Ace One was released. It has been selling for almost a year now for $3500. Customers who had the XP 3.1 were allowed to upgrade and still are upgrading to the Ace One for $1300. My point is DJI also takes care of its customers. That is a successful business model and the only real way to be sustainable in business.

I wish I had more detail information. As soon as I do, I will personally post.

I apologize for the confusion, the pre release information.

As much as its nice to know about new features (we all like to know about it) it can be a little chaotic. Have no worries, DJI is a very respectable company and will continue to be.

I can promise you as always DJIUSA.com will keep its 100% customer satisfaction and will go the extra mile to do so. We take pride in our reputation.

Okay, salesman and info. crap is over. Waiting on more WK-m's this morning. I have them coming everyday now after the customs debacle that has log jammed EVERYTHING. It has to do with 10th anniversary of 9/11 or something.
Sep 09, 2011, 07:38 AM
This looks really good
I am currently stuck with Xaircraft X650. GPS......yeah right.
So I have reasently started a little AP business.
And for that I need a good platform. NOT X650! But a working one.
I am going to by WK-M FC, so now I need advices about the rest of the platform
The thing is that I really want a hexa or a octo, not only for the stability but also for
safety reason. If one prop or motor go, the ship still flyes.

And I really want a platform that can stay in the air for at least 15 min.
And that can lift ~1kg.

Have you any advices
Sep 09, 2011, 08:02 AM
RTF copters maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestergaard
This looks really good
I am currently stuck with Xaircraft X650. GPS......yeah right.
So I have reasently started a little AP business.
And for that I need a good platform. NOT X650! But a working one.
I am going to by WK-M FC, so now I need advices about the rest of the platform
The thing is that I really want a hexa or a octo, not only for the stability but also for

And that can lift ~1kg.
Have you any advices
Hi,
Hexa XL should fit to your needs.
Do you really need 15mn flight time ?
Cheers
Maximus
Sep 09, 2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestergaard

And that can lift ~1kg.

Have you any advices
If you after redundancy, don't go for a hexa. Here's why.
Sep 09, 2011, 10:28 AM
Has any one here tried the auto landing fail safe would be nice to see if it works Tom

Quick Reply