Sep 08, 2011, 08:30 AM
DJI Supporter
Michael it should work with Vista, I don't see why it wouldn't. Now that they have a 64 bit driver you shouldn't have issues if you are running 64 bit Vista.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2011, 08:37 AM
Sid3ways
When you download the software is the 64 bit driver in the download or do you have to get separately.

Michael64
Sep 08, 2011, 08:39 AM
DJI Supporter
I had them send it to me.
Sep 08, 2011, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64
OK one question, let me get this right the Assistant software will not work with Window Vista is this correct, as I understand it Windows 95 and Windows 7 but not Vista can one of you guys that have the system verify this please.

Michael64
Should work on Vista. 64bit is the problem. You have to force install the 32bit driver. We have a work around one of customers is working on and I will post it when I receive it. Very sorry for this inconvenience but Microsoft and drivers.......URGH!!
Sep 08, 2011, 09:19 AM
Andy them meaning the DJI themselves.
rerazor so there is going to be a fix for this from DJI it was stupid not to write it for 64bit operating systems since most systems operate this way.

Michael64
Sep 08, 2011, 09:21 AM
DJI Supporter
Edit: A source at DJI told me the official 64 bit driver would be out at the end of the month. If you simply can't wait until then let me know and I might have an unofficial solution for you.
Last edited by Sid3ways; Sep 08, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
Sep 08, 2011, 09:26 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64
Andy them meaning the DJI themselves.
rerazor so there is going to be a fix for this from DJI it was stupid not to write it for 64bit operating systems since most systems operate this way.

Michael64
Yeah, blaming Microsoft for DJI's own misunderstanding how drivers work is pretty lame. Not releasing a 64bit driver out of the box in Q3 2011 is pretty much criminal.
Sep 08, 2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks Andy for posting the file.

Michael64
Sep 08, 2011, 11:29 AM
Since the weather was bad i just didnt want to wait anymore I did a test hover in my apartment today, first real take off more nervous than my first take off with my AD 8.

It was pretty wobbly. I was flying in attitude mode.

http://sprealinvest.at/wkm1/wkm1.mov

Any hints were to start of with the gain tuning ?

Specs.

Hexa 900mm
Axi 2820
APC 12 / 3.8 at the moment
Turnigy Plush 40A
Sep 08, 2011, 11:38 AM
Suspended Account
The video you linked is 1kbyte in size. I think something went wrong.
Sep 08, 2011, 11:44 AM
ah strange try this please !

http://sprealinvest.at/WKM1/WKM1.html

Thanks

Boris
Sep 08, 2011, 11:46 AM
Suspended Account
OK, actual correct link seems to be -> http://sprealinvest.at/WKM1/WKM1%20-%20Computer.m4v

Now maybe someone can help you
Sep 08, 2011, 11:50 AM
ah strange one works for me.

Thanks though !

Boris
Sep 08, 2011, 11:54 AM
Registerer Used
Some updates of my build...

Well, since I got the Wookong, I didn't have much time since then.. Anyway, I started to figure out the build.
First thing I can say is that the wiring is pretty easy (though I didn't turn the thing on), but the fitting is a little more tricky on a small frame (of course, it was not meant or designed for small hobby models IMO, but for more serious AP/V models, which are larger). Since I use this quad for testing purposes, I've tried to manage every element the best way (IMU and GPS/compass in the center), despite the aestetics . But the fact is all this gave me an idea about designing a frame in which every wookong element could fit the perfect way. As it is now, it's more like a flying skycrapper than an aerodynamic frame, to say the least! But anyway, it does not matter for now.
(Fellows frame DIYers, you know what you have to do now!! If anyone need measurements and precise pics of every element, I would be glad to communicate all that)
As for the GPS mounting rod, I think I'll try the quad with it, and also using a copper plate to check the difference.
Here are some pics of the work, still having some things to do, but I'm near the end.
Cheers

PS: I don't want to hijack the thread with my build log, but if it's the case, just tell me, I'll wait for a dedicated owner's thread to continue..
Sep 08, 2011, 03:15 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Looks great! What esc's are those?
Matt
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com

Quick Reply