Jan 13, 2012, 06:02 PM
Just write your own motor mix table. There are good instructions at the back of the manual. It is a piece of cake. I have written custom mixes for all 3 of my vehicles.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 13, 2012, 07:53 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12
That policy is pretty standard for all electronics. If you buy a gray market Canon or Nikon camera they will not honor the warranty. It is written in the stuff we all never read when we buy a camera.
And you're wrong here. From Nikon legalese:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon
Does owning a "Grey Market" Nikon product mean I don't have a warranty?

No! All Nikon products come with a warranty by the manufacturer. The designated Nikon service center will always repair "in warranty" Nikon products and perform "out of warranty" repairs. If you own a Gray Market product it will need to be returned to the reseller or importer for service. Refer to your reseller or to the warranty cards included with the product for service contact information.
Translating this to DJI, buying from a '3rd tier' or whatever "dealer" (I think DJI has waaay too many of them anyway, just about everyone on the internet wants to be one) does NOT mean you're not gonna get any support - it just means you have to go back to that 3rd tier dealer for support, which is as far as I'm concerned is perfectly fine, unless the guy is out to scam you to get rich quick, there's no problem at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovito
Well, this is a 500$ camera mount that is not among the most knowns.

http://skyrover.us/?page_id=294
What absolute robbery. $500 for that stuff?? It's just 2 sheets of whatever crap material they chose and some servos/linkages. I can spend an evening with a sheet of aluminum and a hacksaw and make same junk for $5. Of course, they're talking about "Nick and Roll" compensation, so it must be a German company, doesn't surprise me one bit.
Jan 13, 2012, 07:59 PM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop

What absolute robbery. $500 for that stuff?? It's just 2 sheets of whatever crap material they chose and some servos/linkages. I can spend an evening with a sheet of aluminum and a hacksaw and make same junk for $5. Of course, they're talking about "Nick and Roll" compensation, so it must be a German company, doesn't surprise me one bit.
LOL

I wish you there was some way to follow you TC like on twitter. Maybe RCGroups can introduce a new feature that allows you to follow posts by your favourite posters.
Jan 13, 2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove
LOL

I wish you there was some way to follow you TC like on twitter. Maybe RCGroups can introduce a new feature that allows you to follow posts by your favourite posters.
Enjoy:
http://m.rcgroups.com/forums/search....ser_%20timecop
Jan 13, 2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
And you're wrong here.

Nope you are wrong. Just Google Nikon grey market warranty. Here is an example. http://bythom.com/warranty.htm
Jan 13, 2012, 08:41 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Nope you are wrong. Just Google Nikon grey market warranty. Here is an example. http://bythom.com/warranty.htm
I pasted stuff from the Nikon website. If you think I'm going to trust / believe some "blogger" on the internet vs what a manufacturer has written on their official website, well, you can try selling me a DJI, too.

Link: http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answ...gray-market%3F
Jan 13, 2012, 08:46 PM
Maybe things have changed. But I will sell you a lightly used WKM for the $1200 discounted price.
Jan 13, 2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Just write your own motor mix table. There are good instructions at the back of the manual. It is a piece of cake. I have written custom mixes for all 3 of my vehicles.
I looked there, but the next page down(43) shows "multirotors supported". The diagram for the OX shows all four top motors spinning counterclockwise and all four bottom motors spinning clockwise. Will the wkm care if I just reverse the front left and right rear motors? I figured the factory mix would be set to account for different torque characteristics, at least on the yaw if not all. If I reverse those motors, the mix I set should be all even (R<50-R>50) right? How are yours set up? And thanks!
Jan 13, 2012, 09:25 PM
Guys,

I got my hexa Tuned quite good for Altitude mode. Then I switch to GPS mode, First I see Purple flesh follow by 2 red light, then one red light, then just purple light only.

Then I take off, Hex is all over the place, much worse than in Altitude mode. I also notice, it seem to have a purple flesh follow by 2 white flesh.

What should I look into to get my GPS model working??
Jan 13, 2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadman
Guys,

I got my hexa Tuned quite good for Altitude mode. Then I switch to GPS mode, First I see Purple flesh follow by 2 red light, then one red light, then just purple light only.

Then I take off, Hex is all over the place, much worse than in Altitude mode. I also notice, it seem to have a purple flesh follow by 2 white flesh.

What should I look into to get my GPS model working??
A- is your gps compass pointed forward? The little arrow on top should be pointed forward.
B- did you calibrate the gps compass by flipping your mode switch 8 or 10 times and doing the spin thing with the model?
C- are you sure you have the gps and imu mounting locations correct in the xyz axis?

The purple flash is just telling you that you are in gps/atti. mode. It should flash yellow when you are in atti. mode. ?The 2 red flashes mean you have less than 6 sattelites. Ideally you should have no red flashes. I still dont know about the white flashes. My x8 has some white flashes here and there. I guess it has something to do with the attitude status-good/fair/bad.
Jan 13, 2012, 09:58 PM
Just a yard bird
What absolute robbery. $500 for that stuff?? It's just 2 sheets of whatever crap material they chose and some servos/linkages. I can spend an evening with a sheet of aluminum and a hacksaw and make same junk for $5. Of course, they're talking about "Nick and Roll" compensation, so it must be a German company, doesn't surprise me one bit.[/QUOTE]

I am so with you no that one TC. I was ROFL after seeing that post. Are there that many folks that gullable to such. Freckn sharks are coming ashore everywhere. Also TC I will be pm'ing you on something soon and I don;t mind paying for your time in taking it on.
Freddie G
Jan 13, 2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds
A- is your gps compass pointed forward? The little arrow on top should be pointed forward.
B- did you calibrate the gps compass by flipping your mode switch 8 or 10 times and doing the spin thing with the model?
C- are you sure you have the gps and imu mounting locations correct in the xyz axis?

The purple flash is just telling you that you are in gps/atti. mode. It should flash yellow when you are in atti. mode. ?The 2 red flashes mean you have less than 6 sattelites. Ideally you should have no red flashes. I still dont know about the white flashes. My x8 has some white flashes here and there. I guess it has something to do with the attitude status-good/fair/bad.
--GPS Arrow is not pointed forward, didn't find anywhere in the manual mentions that--Nice to know.

---Did calibrate the GPS many times.

---GPS and IMU is mounted as good as I understand it. IMU is poniting forward.

Will report back tomorrow.
Jan 13, 2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadman
--GPS Arrow is not pointed forward, didn't find anywhere in the manual mentions that--Nice to know.

---Did calibrate the GPS many times.

---GPS and IMU is mounted as good as I understand it. IMU is poniting forward.

Will report back tomorrow.
I did the same thing with mine. Also, a-lot of people seemed to misunderstand the z-axis. If your IMU is above the center of gravity it should be a negative(-) number in the mounting location screen. Make sure the IMU orientation (forward) circle is checked and make sure you write it to the mc before you unplug it!. Cheers!
Jan 13, 2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks it turned out well.. but there is no onboard stabilzation, the camera is fixed mounted, the flight was third person.

I stabilized in post a bit but honestly the original was almost exactly the same.

The full 360 is slowed down and the first part of the other one was actually sped up almost 2x

Honestly don't find that roll compensation is that usefull and tilt is only kinda usefull... this had neigher roll or tilt installed...

My fpv machine is the same way, my 5D mount is yaw and tilt only controlled by a second person.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by liteglow
saabguyspg: I like your video.
And the stabilization is impressive

What camera gimball are you using, picture\link ?

I need a suggestion for a gimball to use on the NEX5n SONY..
I have no idea what gimball would be the best for this cam (And maybe bigger one later)

price range 200-300$ , I thank you for any suggestion in the correct direction
Jan 13, 2012, 11:20 PM
Just tested the Hexa Again.

--The GPS/Compass is pointing forward.

--Calibrated the compass the GPS once more time, success

--Hexa was holding good in GPS for 30 second at 15 ft, then a white light fleshing. Almost lost control, hexa was aggressively leaning left and I fought it and luckily landed it.

---When up one more time at 3 feet, GPS hold for 10sec and white light fleshing again and aggressively leaning to left and had a rough landing.

---GPS gain are all default at 100.

And anyone know what might be going on??

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacintheclouds
I did the same thing with mine. Also, a-lot of people seemed to misunderstand the z-axis. If your IMU is above the center of gravity it should be a negative(-) number in the mounting location screen. Make sure the IMU orientation (forward) circle is checked and make sure you write it to the mc before you unplug it!. Cheers!
Last edited by quadman; Jan 14, 2012 at 06:22 AM.

Quick Reply