Aug 10, 2011, 07:57 AM
Foam alone.
Thread OP
Discussion

Twisted Hobbys Big Slick Build Thread

Well guys,

The Big Slick http://shop.twistedhobbys.com/Telink...xtra-Slick.htm turned up this morning and I must say I'm pretty chuffed with the way it's turned out

Brad's original brief was design something based around the original Slick scheme, but a little more elaborate, which I think we've managed to achieve. The colours are pretty vivid, so should show up well, even on the gloomiest of day's!

I plan to go posh on this one and use the same servo set-up as my 48" EF Extra (my favourite plane at the moment), so HS 65's and either a 82 or 85 for the elevator. There's nothing wrong with MG90's or similar mind and I have used them on most of my larger foamies with great success, I just figured I'd spoil this one a bit

Gary
Last edited by garyholland; Aug 11, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2011, 08:53 AM
Wow she will be piercing in the sky! Great job again on the scheme Gary we wanted something amazing and you delivered. Guys there are a few differences in the build construction with the Extra Sick vs the standard Telinks, since the SFG's add more force to the wing tips the added carbon fiber runners are needed. I look forward towards the rest of the build Gary!
Aug 10, 2011, 09:05 AM
Looking good Gary. Haven't you finished it yet

Mark.
Aug 10, 2011, 09:14 AM
Any ETA as to when these will actually be here. Would love to see some video also.
Steve
Aug 10, 2011, 09:20 AM
Foam alone.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm
Wow she will be piercing in the sky! Great job again on the scheme Gary we wanted something amazing and you delivered. Guys there are a few differences in the build construction with the Extra Sick vs the standard Telinks, since the SFG's add more force to the wing tips the added carbon fiber runners are needed. I look forward towards the rest of the build Gary!
Thanks Brad, I really think all our hard work paid off on this one bro
Aug 10, 2011, 09:21 AM
Foam alone.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMarki
Looking good Gary. Haven't you finished it yet

Mark.
Cheers Mark,

Just ordering the servos as we speak
Last edited by garyholland; Aug 10, 2011 at 10:01 AM.
Aug 10, 2011, 10:52 AM
Team Twisted!
Wow. That looks amazing. Cant wait for the build thread.
Aug 10, 2011, 01:34 PM
Suspended Account
Looks great Gary.

Aug 10, 2011, 05:15 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Looking forward to your build Gary!
Aug 11, 2011, 09:41 AM
Foam alone.
Thread OP
Ok,

While I'm waiting for servos etc to turn up, I'll get on with the wing build.

Construction of the airframe is pretty much the same as the Yak, so check out Chris's excellent build thread on the 55 here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1388135
Aug 11, 2011, 10:26 AM
Love your idea of shaping the wheel pants, simple yet look so much better. Was wondering why you chose to go with dihedral, on my yak and SU I spent quite a bit of time eliminating it and any anhedral that may have crept in. I know it is only a very small amount.Are there advantages / disadvantages?

Looks great so far, can't wait for mine to get here.
Aug 11, 2011, 11:44 AM
I don't know if this is why Gary going with a small amount of dihedral but I once had a plane that had too little and it gave opposite roll to yaw with rudder input.
Great to see one of these going together, sure is vibrant colours, I like it.
Aug 11, 2011, 12:33 PM
Foam's Law
Will just say, Gaz is building this on my living room floor, and the colours really pop more in real life than the photos do justice... very pretty looking model.

Kev
Aug 11, 2011, 12:44 PM
Foam alone.
Thread OP
I believe a small amount of dihedral helps roll correction in knife edge, though we are talking a small amount here, just the tapper of the wing, so whether it does make a difference I don't know? I have seen a few foamies build with a straight wing (no dihedral) and they do look slightly drooped when up right.

Glad you like the scheme ;0)
Aug 11, 2011, 08:23 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Why not a little anhedral then? ;]

Quick Reply