Sep 09, 2011, 03:48 PM
Fast and getting faster!
I like to get noticed , I got ahold of a small castle bec so I`m gonna see how that looks on 9v.

My ultra stick may have been one of them bright blinding planes Sorry guys but it will be back this year LOL!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2011, 04:02 PM
I find it depends on the color. The blue lights just turn into a blur when I look at them.
Sep 09, 2011, 04:07 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Just tested the bec idea it works, but not as bright, I really dont want to add a pro bec into the plane, because I might as well be adding a 3 cell battery at that size.
Sep 09, 2011, 04:09 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Number of lights mean nothing..... i have more then I can count on my models. Its those blasted super bright leds that some employ.

Dont make me break out my model with 6 strobes and twin lasers.

=)
Sep 09, 2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTALJR
Just tested the bec idea it works, but not as bright, I really dont want to add a pro bec into the plane, because I might as well be adding a 3 cell battery at that size.
Than you might want to just find an appropriate resistor and put it between the lights and your 4s battery. Even better - use a potentiometer and then you'll be able to adjust the brightness (albeit on the ground only).

Sergey.
Sep 09, 2011, 04:14 PM

More brighter lights Mr D.

Tom I would personally love to see you bring that back, I was able to read in my tent all night without having to use my flashlight, that was SWEEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
Number of lights mean nothing..... i have more then I can count on my models. Its those blasted super bright leds that some employ.

Dont make me break out my model with 6 strobes and twin lasers.

=)
Sep 09, 2011, 06:55 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Ok scrapped the night flying MXS, after 4 flights I could not get it comfortable flying the plane with all the extra weight, so we are gonna go back to the drawig board. wWould rather have the MXS to fly rather than risk it!
Sep 09, 2011, 07:52 PM
How high will it go?
Count me in this year again with my purpose built Pheonix 100 night flyer for balloon popping, and a bug with nav lights. Looking for a way to light up some MCX's too!

Fenix 100 night flyer NEAT 2009 (0 min 50 sec)
Last edited by antslake; Sep 09, 2011 at 09:44 PM.
Sep 09, 2011, 09:22 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Still got the Ultra stick that I lit up at Neat Last year 6 hours of soldering LOL, been crashed & Rebuilt by Sr and flies even better I think, and a Electrify VFo with just a couple lights on it for calm night flying!
Sep 09, 2011, 11:23 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Maybe I could strap my tac light to my ultra stick, that would blind a few lol
Sep 13, 2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
@ 12v I find many of the birds people are now flying too Damn bright! Have some consideration for your fellow pilots and try not to blind them!

YOUR Cularis will be blinding people again this year

Bring Sunglasses to the flightline
Oct 16, 2011, 09:50 AM

c.g position of NACA6411

Can any1 tell me where the gentre of cravity of naca6411 lies??? at wht% of chord??
Oct 16, 2011, 11:26 AM
Head NEAT geek
best to post your question here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/modeling-science-136/

But the short answer is that it does not matter what airfoil is used. If it is an aft-tail aircraft (but not and old-time freeflight model) balance at 25%

Quick Reply