Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Aug 07, 2011, 09:43 PM
Find More Posts by SGTalon
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Video

Cylon Raider

Video of my latest plane!

Flies awesome.

Check out the thread here - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1459864

RC Cylon Raider.wmv (4 min 0 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2011, 05:50 AM
Find More Posts by jocker edf55

hey sgtalon

First i would like to say that you are a great designer, how you get everything airborne!
I was reading an older thread about your landspeeder, i liked it so much i am building a nano version right now. just scaled down your plans by 50%..thnx btw.
Anyhow, any tips on how to find the cg.
i will put some picture on here just for show.
And should i reenforce it with carbon tube?

I know it's off topic a bit
Last edited by jocker edf55; Aug 08, 2011 at 06:18 AM. Reason: add picture
Old Aug 08, 2011, 10:17 AM
Jocker that looks great!!

You should definitely post this stuff up on the Landspeeder thread. It could use some attention

I have all the hardware out of that plane so i am not sure where it is. What i usually do to find CG is tape on some noseweight in and toss it into tall grass. If it noses up and flips it needs to go forward, if it nose dives, i move it back until i find the place that it glides nicely.

Then it is ready for a test flight. Usually it will require a few more adjustments to get it in the perfect place. For Weight i usually use the battery i am going to use. That way when i finally settle on a location i also know where to put my battery.

If i remember correctly i needed to put my battery pretty close to the nose on this one. My guess is the CG is going to be at the front of the windshield.... i am actually pretty confident on that the more i think about it.
Old Aug 08, 2011, 12:49 PM
Find More Posts by jocker edf55
I will post some on the landspeeder thread, in the mean time..hehehe i finished it, hinge glue is drying as we speak..
I am going to build a bigger one per your original plans, you use 1cm..? depron, 1/2 inch right. i am dutch and metric, have to convert a bunch, but thats part of the fun ain't it.
I just taped a screwdriver underneath the landspeeder and adjusted it till it floated and belly land itself!
Then i grabbed two drumsticks(Other hobby btw) taped them on the edge of my table working like a balance station only really really cheap...haha then i marked the points on the wing(s) when in balance, hanging slightly forwards.
Think the cg is spot on.
Last edited by jocker edf55; Aug 08, 2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: add picture
Old Aug 08, 2011, 02:17 PM
Jocker, I would definitely move your battery to the centerline of the plane. At that size you are going to be doing a lot of left turns with that much weight on the side.

Just notch out the center vertical so it is in the middle. that is also a huge battery!!