Aug 07, 2011, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Where Are You Flying Today, How Was It?

Hello Gang,

Now that we are the lost wondering tribe looking for the promised field, does it make sense to coordinate where we are or trying to fly, day by day?

If so, I just got back from Curtis where at 9:30am, this Sunday was full of a serious soccer tournament. So no flying there today.

At 2:00 I plan to be at Mission Peak to look for moderate slope lift and thermals. The SF Bay Winds show that yesterday it was a light wind from 2:00 to 8:00pm.

Thanks,

Kyle
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle23
At 2:00 I plan to be at Mission Peak to look for moderate slope lift and thermals. The SF Bay Winds show that yesterday it was a light wind from 2:00 to 8:00pm.
I'm planning to come out and fly my Gentle Lady.

--Ates
Aug 07, 2011, 10:30 PM

Sunday morning Aug 7th

Sunday morning Mike Pavick and I were at the Monte Vista field. Another large group of cricket players on Kennedy. Katy L had practice training until a rough landing. I had some good DLG practice flights with my Predator.

Noel
Aug 07, 2011, 10:56 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Sorry about the rough landings. I am glad the GL didn't get hurt.

Noel, Mike, Jerry-- would you like my phone#, just in case we have to go to Monte Vista again? It's a shorter trip without stopping at Curtis; we can take 237 to 85, up and over. Send me a PM, and I'll get it to you.

Note to self: all it takes is an hour, use sunscreen! Ow.
Aug 13, 2011, 10:46 AM
Thread OP

Moving Slope Message to our Mission Thread

Hi Guys,

I don't really need to comment on my 2:00ish today 9/13 sloping at Mission Peak here. I will move my sloping comments to the Mission Peak thread.

By the way, it was great last Sunday with Atesh. No hiking. Plenty of thermals, enough gental breeze to always get a flight (about 11mph).

Cheers,

Kyle
Aug 13, 2011, 11:20 AM
Thread OP

Sunday 8/14 Kyle Will Bring his Heady Duty Hi-Start to Los Paseos

I will bring my heavy duty Hi-Start Sunday morning to LOS PASEOS PARK Avenida Grande & Via Vista. and will set it up around 9:00 on. No word yet on those nasty winches

Kyle

See you all at Los Poseos Park Sunday morning

Dick D
Aug 13, 2011, 11:31 AM
Sunday morning on 14th Jerry H and I will be at Kennedy to instruct. We'll be using hi-starts.

Noel
Aug 15, 2011, 01:10 AM

Sunday Aug 14th at Kennedy - training flying

Bottom line, flying was very good. Instructors Jerry Heimbecker and Mike Pavick each had Vistas with buddy boxes for 9 youth, 1 parent and the Taylors (Katie & Dorie). 6 youth were from the Scout-O-Rama, 1+the parent were repeats from last week, and 2 new neighbor walk-ons.

The morning started out with about a dozen baseball players practicing for about an hour, then leaving the entire field to us. The grass was well groomed and green. I set up a 2nd hi-start (my ancient 2m), but after a few flights the deteriorated rubber broke several times.

Katie claimed she had her best flight ever flying me Gentle Lady under Jerry's coaching catching multiple thermals.

It was a good day with the newbies "threatening" to return.

Noel
Aug 20, 2011, 11:33 AM
Thread OP

Any Thought on Where to Fly? Los Paseos? Sunday 8/21?

Thanks,

Kyle
Aug 20, 2011, 07:37 PM
JHR
JHR
Hey, Kyle:
As far as I can tell, everyone is meeting at Los Paseos on Sunday.
Aug 21, 2011, 12:24 AM
I should be there, too, but will be tearing down by 12.
Aug 21, 2011, 08:02 PM
F5j -F3j-F3F - What to Fly?
Thanks to all for bringing out the winches!
Last edited by Dale Thompson; Aug 22, 2011 at 03:15 PM.
Aug 21, 2011, 08:56 PM
I rode to the coast on my bicycle. Great ride great weather. Ready for a nap.
Aug 21, 2011, 11:33 PM
Today the 21st three of us were at Kennedy Jr Hi (Cupertino) with two trainees. Empty field, nice grass, good thermals. 10 yr old Sadharth had a dozen or so excellent flights (his 2nd time out).

Sadarth and I started a project building a Delta Dart yesterday, his first-ever building project and showing excellent workmanship.
Oct 27, 2011, 03:57 PM

Curtis, Thursday morning 10/27/11

This morning Dick D. (set up a 3m hi-start), Bob B. (flew both Bubble Dancers), Peter R. (brought a new Avian), Mike P. (flew Radian Pro), Jim P. (set up a 2m hi-start for his Vista), Ates G. (chief kibitzer) and I (with my Marauder) were out. Was pleasant with light air movement. Bob B. mentioned thermals were blowing away. Freshly mown grass.

School kids came out around 11AM for an hour after which Mike flew his Radian Pro as an aileron trainer for Jim P. Jim's been a member for 3 years and finally started flying in earnest. Welcome, Jim!

Noel

Quick Reply