Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 07, 2011, 07:28 AM
Kit Manufacturer
New Product

RA Cores Product announcements

We are about to introduce a series of new products and accessories to our popular Gremlin combat plane family. Last year we introduced the Speed 400 Mini Gremlin at the NEAT fair. We will be showing something new this year also. I will reply here with the new products as they come available

Jim
http://www.racores.com/
YouTube Product Videos

You can always check out what has been updated on the website by looking at our What's New page
Last edited by coreman; Jan 08, 2012 at 08:21 AM. Reason: set the thread to "New Product"
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2011, 08:44 PM
Kit Manufacturer

We have just released the first of our Flat Foamies Series

our version of the popular leadfeather Yak55 http://www.racores.com/FlatFoamies.html

Last edited by coreman; Dec 22, 2011 at 12:00 PM.
Jan 08, 2012, 08:18 AM
Kit Manufacturer

New additions for the Flat Foamies and Mini Gremlins

Along with the introduction of our 32" Yak55 kits we are now offering completer kits, glue and tape so that you can fully complete your plane to be receiver ready, one stop shopping. The motor we are using is the old stand by HXT2730 in the 1300kv version so our power draw comes in at 6-7amps and it can be flown with a 2S battery and a 9x5 prop or a 3S battery and an 8x4 prop. This setup works well with the EPP or Depron kits.

For the EPP build we carry UHU por glue which works well and, in my opinion, smells less than the Welders for winter indoor building. We have also had some luck with the white Gorilla glue but the technique is a bit different. Mix the glue with a little water and put painters tape over both sides of the joint which forces the expansion into the foam structure. I recommend practicing on some of the EPP scraps in the kit first. Peel the tape when the glue is still somewhat rubbery and the excess flash comes with it leaving a nice seam.

For the Depron build we carry Blenderm hinging tape and recommend using Foam Safe CA for construction. We have also found "Hold the Foam" (found around here at Michael's craft stores) glue works well with Depron and gives you a bit more time (sets in 45 minutes, full strength overnight) for positioning and keeping things neat.

We have also started offering a completer set for our Mini Gremlin. This is the same setup I'm flying in the Mini Gremlin YouTube videos with my Orange Mini. I got a lot of questions about what to get and so I've started ordering setups to offer along with the kits. I don't stock a lot at any one time but I reorder often.
Latest blog entry: BluFO review by Jim T Graham
Apr 19, 2012, 07:23 AM
Kit Manufacturer

Our Painted Yak55s are now shipping

These are our interpretation of the Leadfeather Yak55s made popular here in RCGroups. We are on Dan's approved vendor list. We have completed the tweaking of our paint masks and are shipping the painted kits. Please allow up to a week for processing in case we don't have your color scheme in stock. Our unpainted kits are still available if you want to do your own paint scheme. Add our motor/ESC/servos completer set and get yourself in the air for cheap money. Check out our online instructions to see what is involved in building the kit.

To go along with our 9mm EPP and 6mm Depron kits, we have also added a lightweight 6mm EPP version which is a lot more floaty (prototypes came in 40g lighter) for indoor 3D maneuvers.

These planes were popular at the Toledo show where we sold several Bind and Fly versions. We cannot ship these assembled kits due to the oversize fees but will try to offer them at Shows we are attending. There will be some at Joe Nall week in May and more at the NEAT Fair in September. Contact us if you want to reserve a specific style/color for delivery at these events.
Last edited by coreman; Apr 19, 2012 at 07:51 AM.
Mar 14, 2014, 12:56 PM
Kit Manufacturer

Releasing the EPP verion of the Joel Dirnberger BluFO

RA Cores is pleased to announce that their EPP BluFO is now available for purchase. The instructions are available online if you want to see what you are getting into.
Mar 14, 2014, 01:15 PM
Kit Manufacturer

The Joel "MetroGTI" Dirnberger H-Blu-O kit from RA Cores

This is a where the build instructions for Joel's Depron H-Blu-O kit will get roughed out. We released the kit at Warwick NY Fun Fly 6-22-2013

The kit is $34.95 for all the lasercut Depron parts and the horns and firewall and carbon fiber. We also offer the completer kit with the CF28-12 motor, 18 amp ESC and 3 9g servos for $39.95 so for under $75 you have everything you need to build the plane as shown.

You can find it on our website at http://www.racores.com/H-Blu-O.html
Mar 14, 2014, 01:19 PM
Kit Manufacturer

Our EPP Spitfire that was released in 2013

The build log is here

We are about to release our EPP Spitfire that we have been flying since last summer. I need to get the pictures taken for the build instructions but the kits are pretty finalized. I'm going to document the build I will do for the pictures and then other people that have questions or suggestions can add into the discussion. The instructions will be provided in paper form with the kits but as with our other planes, we will have an online version that has images that expand in color to show the details of the steps better. The instructions will be a living document made better through your comments and contributions.

Jim
Mar 14, 2014, 01:20 PM
Kit Manufacturer

our 2nd Warbird, an EPP ME-109was released last summer as well

Here is the build thread and videos