Jun 17, 2013, 10:40 AM
Old Fart With Drones
Thanks Samson! I don't have any plans. I just drew it up on the dollar store foam sheets and cut it out. The foam sheets are 20x30" so I used two sheets for the main wings with another smaller section on top to make a KFM2 kind of airfoil. I sort of copied the wing and tail outlines from the 56" eagle plans in the foamies section. The body is two sections of foam laminated together. The motor, servos and esc are no name or info from an old scrapped Chinese glider which never flew. It was just a quicky experiment which happened to work. If you look at the pics you can get the idea of how to make one as it is pretty simple. Good luck if you decide to try one. An eagle with a white tail would look good too, I think. Best, Aero
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2013, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeronut41
Thanks Samson! I don't have any plans. I just drew it up on the dollar store foam sheets and cut it out. The foam sheets are 20x30" so I used two sheets for the main wings with another smaller section on top to make a KFM2 kind of airfoil. I sort of copied the wing and tail outlines from the 56" eagle plans in the foamies section. The body is two sections of foam laminated together. The motor, servos and esc are no name or info from an old scrapped Chinese glider which never flew. It was just a quicky experiment which happened to work. If you look at the pics you can get the idea of how to make one as it is pretty simple. Good luck if you decide to try one. An eagle with a white tail would look good too, I think. Best, Aero
looks great Aero regards Brian
Jul 17, 2013, 05:43 PM

The Vulture!!

Brian and Robert Tried to fly the Vulture for the second time today. It wants to go straight up when launched. We moved the battery as far to the front as we could and still straight up and hooks to the left and into the weeds. We wonder where the CG is?? Going to put lead in the front with the motor to try to get it to balance and add a couple of washers to get the motor pointing down some more. Would like to hear from you guys!! I need all the help I can get. Thanks Buck
Jul 17, 2013, 11:41 PM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
some humble suggestions:
1. move cg forward,try 25% from leading edge.
2. move thrust line downward as to get motor point down some more if 1 failed.
one thing I've noticed with the scale-bird gliders biggest issues is the CG location because of the unique airfoil.
have a nice day
best regards
Sam
Jul 18, 2013, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Shot
Brian and Robert Tried to fly the Vulture for the second time today. It wants to go straight up when launched. We moved the battery as far to the front as we could and still straight up and hooks to the left and into the weeds. We wonder where the CG is?? Going to put lead in the front with the motor to try to get it to balance and add a couple of washers to get the motor pointing down some more. Would like to hear from you guys!! I need all the help I can get. Thanks Buck
cant tell you off hand at the moment Buck i am sorry.As i am on holidays in europe.I remember i ran it alittle nose heavy to recommended COG.Also you only want a little power do not over power it cheers Brian
Jul 18, 2013, 02:08 AM
Sam suggestions are right on mark cheers Brian
Jul 21, 2013, 07:57 PM
Out with the Bird today. A little better this time. Instead of straight up it flew straight out . Then it rolled to the right this time and into the weeds! We can't seem to be able to correct the roll. Either we have the wing tips backwards or there isn't enough surface to correct the roll. It wants to roll fasted when you try to correct it. Will try again when repairs are finished.Very Sad!! Buck
Jul 22, 2013, 02:18 AM
Closed Account
Buck, I really do not understand what is going on with your Vulture. To me it is a very easy model to fly. Lat week I did add a mini camera on top of the bird and look for your self how stable it is:

Bob Hoey's Vulture Glider (1 min 37 sec)
Jul 22, 2013, 09:02 PM

Brian and Robert

My friend who has been building and flying for 60 years has a question. If you through the bird by hand would it glide? Thanks Again Buck p.s. Brian I hope you are having a great vacation!!!
Jul 23, 2013, 02:23 AM
Closed Account
Buck, tell your friend that the Vulture glides perfect from the hand.
Jul 23, 2013, 06:52 AM

Robert

Thanks Again Buck
Jul 24, 2013, 04:47 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
the feather arrangement of your vulture should be the root cause of the unstable roll,pls take closely to the original ones and rectify
regards
Sam
rc bird_001
Jul 24, 2013, 05:56 AM
Closed Account
Ik think Sam has a good point!!!!
Last edited by bluefalconhollan; Mar 03, 2016 at 02:23 PM.
Jul 24, 2013, 09:40 AM
i think both of you are right and good pick up sam you have a eye for detail
Jul 24, 2013, 10:51 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
more original designer's pics
regards
Sam
HoeySep_19

Quick Reply