Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Aug 06, 2011, 04:23 PM
Giddy up!
Sal C's Avatar
Discussion

Anybody have a plane you thought you'd never have this long?


I'm sure everyone does but got any pics of that plane you've had going forever? The one that just doesn't die no matter how many times you've crashed or banged it up?

Here's mine. Very surprised for a depron foamy too. I can't begin to count how many flights I've had on it. Had one nasty crash that I didn't think it could come back from, in fact I started building another after that crash but then I looked at it and said "Heck with it, let me try to piece it together and if it flies it flies"...

My little Skyray (Corsair Nut's design)...

Still flies awesome too!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2011, 04:49 PM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
Yeah.... a Walkera F-22. That thing has been though the mill and still flys. I can't tell you how many times I've crashed it and it still keeps going back together. EPP sure is great stuff.
Aug 06, 2011, 06:27 PM
tom
tomme21's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal C View Post
I'm sure everyone does but got any pics of that plane you've had going forever? The one that just doesn't die no matter how many times you've crashed or banged it up?

Here's mine. Very surprised for a depron foamy too. I can't begin to count how many flights I've had on it. Had one nasty crash that I didn't think it could come back from, in fact I started building another after that crash but then I looked at it and said "Heck with it, let me try to piece it together and if it flies it flies"...

My little Skyray (Corsair Nut's design)...

Still flies awesome too!
you bet!!!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1163064
Aug 06, 2011, 08:04 PM
skunkworks
Dark Angel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320 View Post
Yeah.... a Walkera F-22. That thing has been though the mill and still flys. I can't tell you how many times I've crashed it and it still keeps going back together. EPP sure is great stuff.
Just built one awhile back , flies great
Aug 07, 2011, 07:12 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
mike2663's Avatar
Lander's F9F Panther. One of the first ones released. Crashed it so many times it's ridiculous (by doing stupid stuff with it). Turned it into a bungee launcher still flys well just ugly.
Mike
Aug 07, 2011, 08:50 AM
Registered User
MRGTX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal C View Post
I'm sure everyone does but got any pics of that plane you've had going forever? The one that just doesn't die no matter how many times you've crashed or banged it up?

Here's mine. Very surprised for a depron foamy too. I can't begin to count how many flights I've had on it. Had one nasty crash that I didn't think it could come back from, in fact I started building another after that crash but then I looked at it and said "Heck with it, let me try to piece it together and if it flies it flies"...

My little Skyray (Corsair Nut's design)...

Still flies awesome too!
keep her going!
I love planes like that.
Aug 07, 2011, 09:08 AM
Effumall
kelberts's Avatar
My P3 F-16 - several years old, hundreds of flights, never a crash.

My Walkera F-16, SU 27 and F-22 lasted forever, too, but eventually just got too heavy from repairs.
Aug 08, 2011, 07:47 AM
Giddy up!
Sal C's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelberts View Post
My P3 F-16 - several years old, hundreds of flights, never a crash.

My Walkera F-16, SU 27 and F-22 lasted forever, too, but eventually just got too heavy from repairs.
Hope that doesn't jinx it for you...
Aug 08, 2011, 10:28 AM
wannabe Jet guy
CRCJA's Avatar

DF Stryker


Stryker, converted to DF with a Wemo Fan, Mega 16-15-3, About 7 years old, hundreds of flights, many battery ejections and couple of uncounters with bushes and asphalt etc. Still alive and kicking

Ralph
Aug 08, 2011, 10:33 AM
Registered User
Joe 1320's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
Just built one awhile back , flies great
I still have two of the F-22s, two of the SU-27s, one F-117, one F-16 and a babycat clone tucked away. These were nice big floater parkjets. too bad they were discontinued.
Aug 08, 2011, 02:41 PM
Registered User
kimhey's Avatar
My flyfly MB339
Aug 08, 2011, 02:49 PM
Registered User
GWS A-4, it's EPS and only cost me 60 bucks...thought I'd put it in the ground by now, one of the most fun jets to fly
Last edited by erh7771; Aug 08, 2011 at 02:54 PM.
Aug 08, 2011, 02:49 PM
You torquing to me?
slyfoxflyer66's Avatar
I have to say my stryker. its been crashed more times than I can count, and lit on fire twice.
Aug 08, 2011, 07:57 PM
Afghanistanitastic!
Stryker. Upgraded, of course, and in my hangar for at least 6 years going. Fuse #3 or 4, I can't remember exactally, but all the same electronics and elevons.... one of my all-time favs
Aug 09, 2011, 12:41 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
kydawg1's Avatar
The original release RICCS Mirage 2000 64mm EDF....with about 100 Watts power....flies like a dream....just a slow dream.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question What plane do you wish you'd never purchased? Laggard Electric Plane Talk 1018 Jul 18, 2013 11:07 AM
Discussion Flying blind .. How long did you have to do that ?? khaled_abobakr FPV Talk 28 Jul 21, 2011 10:39 AM
Question Thought's on this plane set up jimmyjam45 Electric Plane Talk 11 Jul 11, 2011 05:21 PM
Discussion Never thought I'd see this.... johnvb Vintage & Old-Timer Designs 21 Oct 18, 2008 09:09 PM
Thought I'd never see this one as an ARF! ElectRick Scale Kit/Scratch Built 10 Apr 06, 2005 01:20 AM