Thread Tools
Aug 04, 2011, 03:00 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
Discussion

Micro EPO Seawind ARF from Nitroplanes


I just happened to be looking at the ARF kits on Nitroplanes and came across this little foam Seawind ARF plane. Looks like it would be a fun little water plane, but haven't heard or seen any feedback about it. Has anyone seen this before or own one

http://www.nitroplanes.com/91a-seawind-arf.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2011, 03:43 PM
Registered User
Looks to be a very cheap knockoff of the Electrifly Seawind EP. Much more foam and no plastic parts. On the other hand, it does include the motor and ESC. Hopefully someone will soon buy one and tell us how it flys.

Bob
Aug 04, 2011, 07:22 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
I guess it is pretty new because they mention it in their weekly show on YouTube. You can see it on the desk next to Liz along with a new jet. Check it out...

This Week in R/C Episode 4 with Liz: Giveaway Again!? (6 min 52 sec)
Aug 08, 2011, 11:38 AM
IAMCANADIAN
Grejen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob93447
Looks to be a very cheap knockoff of the Electrifly Seawind EP. Much more foam and no plastic parts. On the other hand, it does include the motor and ESC. Hopefully someone will soon buy one and tell us how it flys.

Bob
Way lighter and smaller. Looks like EPS rather than EPO.
Aug 08, 2011, 12:05 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grejen
Way lighter and smaller. Looks like EPS rather than EPO.
It is advertised as 800mm wingspan, so it is just under 32 inches.
Aug 08, 2011, 01:07 PM
IAMCANADIAN
Grejen's Avatar
The E-Flight EPO version is 39.5" and over 21 oz.
Aug 08, 2011, 02:05 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
I was able to look up the manufacturer (ELE) of the plane and find their webpage. It does say that it is EPO foam...

http://www.elerc.com/english/?product-557.html

KMan
Aug 12, 2011, 07:47 AM
Registered User
Hi guys, I just rec'd one of these yest, seems to be a nice little plane, havn't flown off water yet but hand-tossed it at the park and it did OK. I used one of my 2cell 1000 lipos but really it needs the 3 cell pack, maybe I can add some tail weight and use one of my 1200 3cell packs...as long as it doesnt sink! We'll see.
Aug 12, 2011, 07:51 AM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funwingflyer
Hi guys, I just rec'd one of these yest, seems to be a nice little plane, havn't flown off water yet but hand-tossed it at the park and it did OK. I used one of my 2cell 1000 lipos but really it needs the 3 cell pack, maybe I can add some tail weight and use one of my 1200 3cell packs...as long as it doesnt sink! We'll see.
Thanks for sharing! Did the plane go together easy? Is the battery compartment big enough for a 1200mah battery?

KMan
Aug 12, 2011, 11:16 AM
Registered User
Yes, kman, the compartment is large enough plenty but you'll need about 1/2 oz lead on the tail to balance. I havnt floated it yet and it may sit too deep in water so I've ordered the recommended 800 3cells. It goes together quite easy, I used low temp glue gun for most of build and it comes with tube of that clear foam glue. Look at photos carefully in instructions, the elev pushrod glues into one side of fuse & rudder pushrod goes in other side. Go ahead and trim out about 1/4 in. off foam piece on top of wing center, the prop will hit it when powering up, I think the thrust pulls motor mount forward & down a bit...may be good to reinforce that area. Its a fast little sucker so dont expect a slow-flyer here.
Aug 12, 2011, 04:59 PM
PSALM 14:1
Sammy70's Avatar
Same plane that 2dogrc.com was selling for $110.


https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1432150
Aug 12, 2011, 06:21 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
Same plane that 2dogrc.com was selling for $110.


https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1432150
Good thing I didn't know about it sooner...

I saw some of the videos of it taking off and landing from water and it looked pretty good. Ths one is definitely on my list!

KMan
Aug 12, 2011, 08:03 PM
tree scavenger

Ack !!?


Quit mentioning the darn thing will ya's !?
..its payday for cripesake ya know
Aug 12, 2011, 08:07 PM
PSALM 14:1
Sammy70's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24
I saw some of the videos of it taking off and landing from water and it looked pretty good.

What videos?
Aug 12, 2011, 10:01 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
kman24's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
What videos?
You asked for it...

ELERC.COM micro-Seawind TEST (3 min 34 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Motor problem, Seawind EP from Electrifly victor.. Electric Plane Talk 13 Mar 15, 2015 05:38 PM
Discussion New Micro CUSHAT from NitroPlanes DroneproZ Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 28 May 02, 2011 06:10 PM
Discussion nitroplanes 1400mm epo warbirds any good?? flysohigh Electric Plane Talk 3 Apr 08, 2011 07:10 PM
Sold NitroPlanes SeaWind New soaringcam Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 May 02, 2010 02:35 PM
Discussion Nitroplanes Seawind ARF vhoward1122 Waterplanes 2 Sep 20, 2008 11:06 PM