Dec 08, 2012, 07:55 PM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING
V200 up and perfect.
V250 down with issues. Spools up smoothly but has a bad pitch roll yaw occillation right at the lift off point and is not flyable yet. It's like I just throw the cyclic stick in a circle right at takeoff. (No Integrity, I have the gyro's responding correctly.)
I know it's me, just have to figure it out. It's super quiet at flight RPM though.

Viking
Sounds like fun. You rushed to have it ready to fly today didn't you? is it gyro oscillation? maybe just need to turn the gains down? If not you might have to go though the setup again. I wish i knew more about the 3GX. Sorry i can't help much.

Which TX did you get? the DX6?
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A VIKING
V200 up and perfect.
V250 down with issues. Spools up smoothly but has a bad pitch roll yaw occillation right at the lift off point and is not flyable yet. It's like I just throw the cyclic stick in a circle right at takeoff. (No Integrity, I have the gyro's responding correctly.)
I know it's me, just have to figure it out. It's super quiet at flight RPM though.

Viking
I've got an issue with V3.0 on the 3GX but I'm going to post on Tucson's build log thread to save those here who don't have a Trex 250 yet...
Dec 08, 2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
I've got an issue with V3.0 on the 3GX but I'm going to post on Tucson's build log thread to save those here who don't have a Trex 250 yet...

I will be posting my 250 info on Tucson's build log as well.

Viking
Dec 10, 2012, 07:21 PM
IHW Heli Division
Hey viking. Can you ID this one for me? I have not seen this one flying around regularly, like some of the others. It looked like a bell 222 going by. But now looking at the picture it looks a little more like a A109, but i'm pretty sure it's not? I'm sure you or someone here will know. I don't know the scale models too well.

Dec 10, 2012, 10:05 PM
Looks like an HH60 to me but I could be wrong.
Dec 11, 2012, 03:12 AM
IHW Heli Division
Well. I want it.
Dec 11, 2012, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk
Well. I want it.
Not sure that'll bind to a Walkera TX - even with Deviation FW... your parts box might need to be bigger... and I heard they are pretty crappy at 3D...

Finally... don't crash it!!
Jan 04, 2013, 01:56 PM
IHW Heli Division
I'm looking for a 250 class FBL rotor head for 2 blades that will fit a 4mm main shaft for my 4f200. I am not looking forward to using the V200D03 rotor head, even though it will fit and work great. The blade grips are for a 5mm blade root, like a 450 would have. So standard 250 blades won't fit the grips without spacers. It would also be great if someone knew a blade grip that would be compatible with the V200D03 rotor head, but will fit standard 250 blades. The main problem i find is all other 200-250 class main shafts are 3mm, not 4mm. So they won't fit on the 4f200 shaft. I may end up just doing the V200 after all with something else for the blade grips, if i can find something that will work right.

Since the 4f200 has been flying so good. I'm considering converting it to 2 blades for crash costs and 3D viability. I have already ordered a 3S motor and some 3S packs for it. That alone should give it the extra pitch authority needed for harder 3D. Here is my last flight video uploaded, using 2S stock pack and 3 blade rotors.

4F200 - Tuned and ready for a new motor. (3 min 57 sec)
Jan 04, 2013, 02:18 PM
Why not just use Master CP blades in the V200 grips? They're around $5 a set and will likely survive a crash or two. You may also be able to use a Master CP head assembly if you don't want to worry about alloy parts in the head. I haven't tried any master CP head parts so I can't say for sure they'll have the right spacing for the head bolt on the 4F200/V200 main shaft.
Jan 04, 2013, 04:18 PM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer
Why not just use Master CP blades in the V200 grips? They're around $5 a set and will likely survive a crash or two. You may also be able to use a Master CP head assembly if you don't want to worry about alloy parts in the head. I haven't tried any master CP head parts so I can't say for sure they'll have the right spacing for the head bolt on the 4F200/V200 main shaft.
What is the composition of the Master CP blades? is the blade root 5mm? I suppose the main shaft is 4mm if your suggesting it. That could work, and it's much cheaper to fix than CNC parts, thats for sure. For the cost of it i might have to give it a shot.
Jan 04, 2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk
What is the composition of the Master CP blades? is the blade root 5mm? I suppose the main shaft is 4mm if your suggesting it. That could work, and it's much cheaper to fix than CNC parts, thats for sure. For the cost of it i might have to give it a shot.
The master CP blades are similar in composition to the D02S blades so they're heavier than the carbons but stiffer than say D02S blades and they do have 5mm roots.

Since I don't have the head parts myself I'm not sure that the location for the head bolt is right for the V200/4F200 main shaft but the diameter is 4mm. The Feathering shaft looks identical and the blade grips look like they "should" fit onto the alloy head block if you wanted to go that direction. Again I haven't tried myself so this is a bit of conjecture. It was my plan to try it out when I eventually managed to kill a blade grip, I just haven't gotten there yet since I've been flying the 250 more.
Jan 05, 2013, 01:59 AM
IHW Heli Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer
The master CP blades are similar in composition to the D02S blades so they're heavier than the carbons but stiffer than say D02S blades and they do have 5mm roots.

Since I don't have the head parts myself I'm not sure that the location for the head bolt is right for the V200/4F200 main shaft but the diameter is 4mm. The Feathering shaft looks identical and the blade grips look like they "should" fit onto the alloy head block if you wanted to go that direction. Again I haven't tried myself so this is a bit of conjecture. It was my plan to try it out when I eventually managed to kill a blade grip, I just haven't gotten there yet since I've been flying the 250 more.
Well, of course you have! If i had a 250 DFC i would probably fly that more too. I might give this a shot. I would much prefer the Align 250 DFC plastic blades. They are fairly rigid, but brittle so they snap when they crash. Preventing some kenetic xfer. Does any one have FS diameter measurements for the V200D03 and the Master CP? Because i wouldn't doubt if other brand blade grips might fit the FS.

Also does anyone have a link for some nice light weight spacers for the blade grips? Preferable Delrin, or something like CF, or even nylon washers. I can use the old metal ones with shrink wrap, like i used to for the stock 4f200 grips. But it's a pain. Since switching the grips and being able to directly fit nice, cheap and viable 250 blades. Even the CF 250 blades, i guess i've been spoiled. What more should i expect from my Walkera.... I think it's going to scream after the 3S conversion though. If it flies stable and i don't have to worry too much about crashes. I will probably just keep the 3 blade head. I mean, how many people do you know that fly 3D with a 3 blade head anyway? If anything it will give the old folks something to talk about when i bring it out to the "picnic / fun fly" at the local RC field next time. IF they can see that little thing from where they sit
Jan 05, 2013, 12:12 PM
IH, you know how you're always bitchin' about the way the 4F200 does really slow flips...

I think it's the RX... you're also using a 2618 correct? Just take a look at this video at: 1m10~1m20 and again at 1m40~1m50.

V200D03 with 100% DR and no EXPO using Full Stick Back ELEV in ST2.

On the flip @ 1m40 I was actually contemplating making a cup of tea while it turned itself over...

V200D03 Sunset Flight (0 min 0 sec)
Jan 05, 2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm
IH, you know how you're always bitchin' about the way the 4F200 does really slow flips...

I think it's the RX... you're also using a 2618 correct? Just take a look at this video at: 1m10~1m20 and again at 1m40~1m50.

V200D03 with 100% DR and no EXPO using Full Stick Back ELEV in ST2.

On the flip @ 1m40 I was actually contemplating making a cup of tea while it turned itself over...

http://youtu.be/zYNzEwxIk58
What's your extent pot set at? My V200D03 spins faster than that with a setting around 5:30. That setting will make it REALLY twitchy with no EXPO. I use somewhere between 10-15% EXPO at that setting, and I've always flown LINE on my V120D02S.

Quick Reply