This thread is privately moderated by turboparker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 04, 2012, 06:07 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710
I'm still trying to talk myself into the Sbach. I enjoy my stock Su-26XP, but also have a pair of Common Sense Yak-54EP's that I enjoy hovering and harrier-ing. I'm really only wanting to buy the Sbach if it can be made to fly like one of the bigger planes (the XP, of course, doesn't really like high-alpha in the way that the larger planes do). In other words, there's no reason to move to the Sbach if it's going to essentially be a larger, faster, and heavier XP, you know?
Bryan,

My mistake. I thought you already had one.

The Sbach is essentially a faster, far more precise-flying XP with a 1.7:1 thrust-to-weight ratio - that laughs at 15 MPH winds, and can also do some decent 3D with an aft CG & the SFGs. With the SFGs, the Sbach is the king of high-alpha & KE flight amongst the UM planes. It will do KE harriers all day long, and square KE loops are no problem. Regarding flying like bigger planes - the Beast 3D is by far the 'biggest-flying' of the current UM ships. It feels much more like a 40 or 60-size plane than a 2oz foamie - provided there is sufficient airflow over the control surfaces for AS3X to do its thing. The B3D is much easier to hover & torque-roll than the Sbach, and it also does decent high-alpha. But the Sbach w/SFGs is a far better high-alpha platform than the B3D. Check out my Sbach videos to see how the it performs in high-alpha. I suggest that you also check out my Beast 3D videos. To see how well the B3D flies slow & when in KE, be sure to watch the indoor clip.

Joel
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2012, 05:40 AM
Thank you for the tips!
Feb 07, 2012, 05:17 PM
I lost the propeller shaft to my Sbach and can't find a replacement, does anyone know where I can get a new one?
Feb 07, 2012, 10:53 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke98
I lost the propeller shaft to my Sbach and can't find a replacement, does anyone know where I can get a new one?
Luke,

Horizon has the Sbach prop adapter in stock.

Joel
Feb 10, 2012, 01:31 PM
Okay, thanks.