Old Aug 01, 2011, 05:23 AM
Find More Posts by jb0005
FLY HARD OR FLY HOME TO MUMMY
Discussion

intermittent retracts on hobby lobby/freewing super hornet..how do i fix them?

like the title says my nose gear has become intermittent. i messed with the servo travel adjustment the other night(bumped it up to 110%) and ran it for a couple of minutes on the ground and had it working fine..then went to fly today and it was intermittent again. when i fiddled with it the other night, at one point the nose gear would cylce at low power or idle but not when the engine was running flat out..very weird. when i tried to set the travel adjustment at 125%, this caused the nose gear to stop mid cycle.like i said. it seems strange that i had it working flawlessly set at 110% travel, then today after having made no changes its back to its old tricks. as far as i know they are eflite retracts and are worm driven...any help would really be appreciated
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2011, 05:51 AM
Find More Posts by benjo
Pointy end at the front.
This happened to me once and i ended up changing the unit.
Old Aug 01, 2011, 07:13 AM
Find More Posts by jb0005
FLY HARD OR FLY HOME TO MUMMY
the front one is a real pain to change out and i was hoping it might be something that could be adjusted out
Old Aug 01, 2011, 11:52 AM
Find More Posts by v8truckin
Should've, Would've, Could've
If it's stock plane RTF or ARF then the retracts should be freewing, unless u already changed em out. Have you tried opening up the unit yet? Give that a try, clean the gear n add a lil silicon grease n put back together. Make sure not to over tighten the screws on the case or it'll bind. If nothing else... I say change it out. It might be a pain but it's more of a pain to keep dealing with it.