This thread is privately moderated by 67econoline, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 31, 2011, 12:40 PM
Nothing to see here...
Thread OP
Discussion

continued...

MY first flight on my Reliant ended badly. I had the control throws reversed. That taught me the importance of the pre-flight check.I flew that for a while then went Rc Crazy. I Bought a Radian to sail the local hills. A corsair. the first low wing plane I owned . Then a P-51 with a power 10. The corsiar has about 40 flights no crashes. A great plane. The power10 P-51 crashed on her second flight . I redid the gunfighter scheme to What i call Marie's Dream. I used the corsair stickers i had and Some testors Chrome rattle can. She is sweet. I love watching her scream the the mesa.
Last edited by 67econoline; Jul 31, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2011, 01:40 PM

Continued....

Interesting...I have been flying for 15 years and ALWAYS do a preflight check. You made an error we ALL have made before...but only once and that is enough. I am training this 14 year old kid who is a great flyer. I taught him that....the first time I mentioned it to him to check he had no aelerons on his P-51 micro. The small pushrod came loose. Talk about teaching someone and actually seeing the issue happen. He thought I was god from there on. Now he really checks his controls. BTW, check out my flight footage from the Radian Pro on my page. After 15 years flying all kinds of planes I got my first sailplane. IT IS AWESOME. Take her up as high as you can....cut the motor and see how long you can last by catching thermals. It truly is an art. I got 50 min on my last flight with a 2200mah and still had battery for more. I did about 5 climbs of 10 min each. Getting better at it! As far as foamies go, the PZ P-47 with retracts is top dog. Flies on rails and lands so darn smoothly. It flies more than fine with the stock power 15, but my friend put a power 25 in his and it rips. My PZ Corsair now has 75 flights without a scar...and I hand launch and belly land her anywhere where there is grass. It flips people drving by out.
Last edited by warwickcorvette1; Jul 31, 2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: :)
Jul 31, 2011, 01:50 PM
Nothing to see here...
Thread OP
Thanks !!! I live in San Juan Capistrano on the California coast. On a Mesa in the Hills . I Fly my Radian above my house. Toss her out into the wind (after that pre-flight check)and sail the Edge of the hills . l only use the power to get out of trouble. I actually just bought a passer with no motor. I think im ready to sail the winds! My favorite still is scale power though Cant get enough of those warbirds!!!Just bought an airfield t-28
Jul 31, 2011, 01:59 PM
Nothing to see here...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by warwickcorvette1
, PZ P-47 with retracts is top dog. Flies on rails and lands so darn smoothly. It flies more than fine with the stock power 15, but my friend put a power 25 in his and it rips. .
Didn't know the p-47 came with the power 15 THANKS !!! I'll be checking that out
Jul 31, 2011, 04:27 PM
That airfield T-28 is loaded with everything. Looks amazing. I almost bought it before I just built my Maxford Nieuport 28.
Jul 31, 2011, 08:34 PM
Nothing to see here...
Thread OP
Ill be posting a Build log on The T-28 also a cockpit upgrade on the HRM 9(Hot Rod Mustang)

Quick Reply