Jul 31, 2011, 10:54 AM
Confused? Who, me?
New Product

FMS Mini Tempest

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere and it seems to have just popped up on my radar. Anyone got any build/flying experience of it or comments on quality? I may just have to get me one.

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...d.asp?id=36132
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2011, 03:55 PM
Confused? Who, me?
Here we seem to have a new warbird which it looks like nobody has any experience of, and which no-one has, so far, wanted to comment upon.

This could be because I'm infected with some kind of writer's personal hygeine problem?

Could it be no-one in this admittedly mainly US forum is interested in a new and rarely modelled but Brit warbird - in which case has someone in FMS got it wrong and may even, as I write, be looking for a piece of rope and a hanging tree?

Or have I missed something?
Jul 31, 2011, 04:40 PM
Captain Coolite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Here we seem to have a new warbird which it looks like nobody has any experience of, and which no-one has, so far, wanted to comment upon.

This could be because I'm infected with some kind of writer's personal hygeine problem?

Could it be no-one in this admittedly mainly US forum is interested in a new and rarely modelled but Brit warbird - in which case has someone in FMS got it wrong and may even, as I write, be looking for a piece of rope and a hanging tree?

Or have I missed something?
No Roger, obviously hasn't had the exposure.
I LIKE IT.
Rob

I'll be hitting up my LHS for one ...for sure.
Jul 31, 2011, 04:54 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
There is a thread on the new models HERE
Personally, I am going to wait and see some flight reports before diving in. I love the look of the F6F too!
Jul 31, 2011, 05:47 PM
Nitroplanes will carry it
Jul 31, 2011, 05:52 PM
Over-engineered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lombard
Could it be no-one in this admittedly mainly US forum is interested in a new and rarely modelled but Brit warbird...
For this yank, who refuses to even consider buying a P-51, I happen to love my Tempest. As soon as I caught wind of it coming out, I was intent on getting one, and once it came in stock in the US, I had mine on order.

I am, of course, referring to my Alfa Tempest. I'm not sure I'd really call the FMS attempt a Tempest (boo! hiss!)
Jul 31, 2011, 06:57 PM
With the 750mm wing, I would think it would handle alot like the P-47
Aug 01, 2011, 01:10 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Thanks gentlemen.

Link here to the UK distributors website page

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/fli...eries-tempest/

and, for what its worth, here's the promo video of the similar sized Hellcat in the same range. Seems to fly pretty much as you'd expect for a bird of this size

FMS HELLCAT - CML DISTRIBUTION (1 min 45 sec)
Aug 01, 2011, 02:02 AM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
That F6F is 1100mm I am pretty sure
Aug 01, 2011, 02:11 AM
Confused? Who, me?
You could well be right. Just adds to my disappointment with the quality of the marketing/promo support of these new models. I was going for ther Tempest but I think I'll sit on my cash for the time being. I may drop CML a line about it.
Aug 01, 2011, 03:49 AM
Suspended Account
Nitroplanes will carry it
Aug 01, 2011, 05:41 AM
Just throw it up!
Also here for those interested. http://www.rcwarez.com/fms-mini-tempest-p-172.html
Aug 01, 2011, 08:23 AM
fvi
fvi
I think this little Tempest looks amazing. My only problem with their 800mm line is that I don' t like the non scale landing gears and find the a bit small. I'd love it if they bumped them up to 1000mm.

Since FMS also has 1400mm versions of all the little guys I can't help but imagine that a big Tempest is in the works. Now that would be definetly on my to buy list.
Oh and preferably with Pierre Closterman's markings and a giant 4 bladed prop!
Aug 05, 2011, 11:20 AM
To Have & To Hold
I got this birdie. Will try to update if I remember! haha..
Aug 10, 2011, 11:41 PM
To Have & To Hold
Okie maiden it last week. I used a 800mah 3S1P lipo pack, it was flyable but tail-heavy. A 1350mah 3S1P up would be better with some up trim, just the thing to have - a heavier nose for Warbirds. Take care to down the throws for the maiden as it may get twitchy. With 3-cell on board, it's zippy!