Thread Tools
Jul 30, 2011, 11:02 AM
Registered User
garyg4rc's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

RCRCM Dorado 2.5m Aerobatic Machine


This thing is going to be fun to fly! I'm thinking MKS for servos. The control surfaces are HUGE!!!

Gary
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2011, 11:38 AM
Composites Kid
Alex.Schweig's Avatar
Is that a new addition to the RCRCM line? Where can I find more info on it?

It looks like a Vector III but the tail is different, more like the one on the Minivec.

Very nice looking model, though.

-Alex
Jul 30, 2011, 11:43 AM
Turn & Burn
winterstick's Avatar
Mine will be here this week.

Let the sh*t storm begin...
Jul 30, 2011, 11:47 AM
Impatience is a virtue
MCH27t's Avatar
Sh*t storm be damned. It looks like a cool plane. Who's selling it?

Let the flaming begin.
Jul 30, 2011, 11:59 AM
Turn & Burn
winterstick's Avatar
SoaringUSA is selling it.
Jul 30, 2011, 12:04 PM
Registered User
garyg4rc's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterstick
Mine will be here this week.

Let the sh*t storm begin...
No politics for me!! Just want to post my experiences and help my fellow slope brothers on the build. Can't wait to fly it!
Jul 30, 2011, 12:12 PM
Registered User
Crash Prone's Avatar
In 3......
Jul 30, 2011, 02:15 PM
Ook!
skaffen's Avatar
Don't forget to replace the horns (and that's all I'm saying)
Jul 30, 2011, 02:57 PM
Semper Fidelis
Big Gas's Avatar
Heard the fresh stuff was G10 as demanded.

...Drooool....drooool....

Weigh it.
Love my minivec. Looking forward to this baby.
Jul 30, 2011, 04:05 PM
Registered User
garyg4rc's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaffen
Don't forget to replace the horns (and that's all I'm saying)
No issues with horns they look solid, looks like true G10, not the phony stuff.
Last edited by garyg4rc; Jul 30, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
Jul 30, 2011, 04:13 PM
Ook!
skaffen's Avatar
Good to hear they have fixed the issue (And that's all I'm saying, and I mean it this time!)
Last edited by skaffen; Jul 30, 2011 at 04:14 PM. Reason: My hovercraft is full of eels
Jul 30, 2011, 06:25 PM
Free as a bird now.
That plane isn't a dorado...it's a mahi mahi!!
Last edited by Brian Courtice; Jul 30, 2011 at 06:32 PM.
Jul 30, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hambone the Impaler
Hambonetw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyg4rc
This thing is going to be fun to fly! I'm thinking MKS for servos. The control surfaces are HUGE!!!

Gary
"Dorado" be buggered, its a Vector IV - another of my stolen designs.

Live on China thieves! You will be supported!

What to expect?

James.
Jul 30, 2011, 07:14 PM
Hambone the Impaler
Hambonetw's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyg4rc
This thing is going to be fun to fly! I'm thinking MKS for servos. The control surfaces are HUGE!!!

Gary
Who is selling this?

RCRCM can only succeed in thier larceny if they are supported by unscrupulous people prepared to knowingly sell pirated designs.

Is this industry really bereft of morals?

Must I have another of my designs subjected to the RCRCM quality gamble?

One day, dear reader, something of yours will be stolen. It will not give you a good feeling - especially if the thief - and make no mistakes, these pople are thieves - is splattering it accross the internet as THIER success and THIER design.

Please guys, do think twice about buying this plane - it was stolen from a flyer just like you.

I never ever made any money from even one of my 6, now 7 designs manufactured by RCRCM.

I was lied to then discarded when RCRCM thought they had enough drawings to carry on.

Wait for my "Aresti" guys - its a better plane and beieve me - I KNOW.

Thanks,

James.
Jul 30, 2011, 07:34 PM
Turn & Burn
winterstick's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambonetw
Who is selling this?

RCRCM can only succeed in thier larceny if they are supported by unscrupulous people prepared to knowingly sell pirated designs.

Is this industry really bereft of morals?

Must I have another of my designs subjected to the RCRCM quality gamble?

One day, dear reader, something of yours will be stolen. It will not give you a good feeling - especially if the thief - and make no mistakes, these pople are thieves - is splattering it accross the internet as THIER success and THIER design.

Please guys, do think twice about buying this plane - it was stolen from a flyer just like you.

I never ever made any money from even one of my 6, now 7 designs manufactured by RCRCM.

I was lied to then discarded when RCRCM thought they had enough drawings to carry on.

Wait for my "Aresti" guys - its a better plane and beieve me - I KNOW.

Thanks,

James.

I haven't followed all the details of your arrangement with RCRCM, but I though I had read that you had given them the designs for no compensation. If this is not the case, you should let everybody know what the nature of your relationship was with RCRCM. Otherwise there's not much legal or moral ground for claiming IP infringement if it was given freely.

RCRCM may be truly bad guys for various reasons, but the issue of whether they infringed on your IP is what matters in everybody's determination of whether to buy their product.

For the record, when your Aresti is available, I'll buy one as well.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Price drop: Magellan E XL 2.5m micro_builder Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 14 Jul 23, 2011 08:52 PM
Discussion Aerobatic with 2-stroke or 4-stroke? ZJGMoparman 3D / Fun Fly Fuel Planes 4 Apr 25, 2011 06:29 PM
Discussion GreenAce's 2 meter V-tail FFF pure sailplane Aerobatic n' all Ver 1. 60in span 1.5m GreenAce92 Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 22 Aug 19, 2009 06:57 PM
Search/Advice for aerobatic 2.5 - 3.5m sailplane Novy Electric Sailplanes 6 Oct 25, 2005 05:08 PM
Wanted Aerobatic Sailplane Prefer 2.5 to 3.5m Lewis Adam Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W) 0 Aug 01, 2005 08:33 PM