weasel or mini weasel - RC Groups
Sep 05, 2003, 12:20 AM
Web
Web
OUCH...
Rave

weasel or mini weasel

Hey everybody,
I am going to get a Weasel, but I am not sure which one. Right now I am leaning towards the Mini Weasel because of it's portability and the ability to do the SAL. I also like the looks of it, and it costs $15 less than the Weasel Pro, which would allow me to get a better transmitter (all I have right now is a Focus 3 FM), like the Flash 5X. I do have prior experience on a Zagi 400X that I have modified to a powered/glider convertible. I have gotten pretty good with it, and the best manuver I have done with it is an outside immelman. I was actually attempting to do an outside loop - just to see if it could - but I realized that it won't climb inverted, so I rolled out of it. I have gotten to the point where I can do those with the wing down too about 1 foot off of the ground, completely under control. I am hoping that this is enough experience for a Mini Weasel, because they look like they can really handle. I do have a question about them, though. Can the Mini Weasels thermal? Where I am, there aren't that many sloping areas that are very close, although there are a few. I plan to get a bungee launcher for it, if I get a Mini Weasel. I am also curious as to which plane everyone likes better, the Weasel Pro or the Mini Weasel. Thanks for your help.
to remove ads between posts