May 24, 2019, 06:50 PM
Note as batteries age, they take longer to charge.

Skipping the balancing stage is called Fast Charging for a reason.

Unplug the 110Vac input while using 230V
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2019, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Walker
Hi fly2bob. I guess I have just gotten use to it being slow to charge my lipo packs so I don't recall if it was ever faster. On the 10XP you cannot charge your lipos using the balance tap. That was possible with the older Cellpro 10S. I've been using both the power leads and the balance tap at the same time while charging. So I guess I've been "balance charging" every time! Could that be the reason for taking so long to charge? Back to the plugs. Is it possible to plug in both sides and use the 10XP charger? Would that decrease the charging times? I don't want to destroy my 10XP or do any other kind of damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Walker
Well I took a leap of faith and plugged into both sides (240V) of the power supply. NO problem! the charge/balance times were approx the same as charging at 110V but the "IR" readings were restored and now are more accurate and consistent. How about that! The 10XP charger did NOT seem to labor as much at 240V as evidenced by the cooling fan not cycling as much as before. Thanks guys for the help you did try to give. I am HAPPY!
Not sure what you mean when you say plugging in both sides.
But basically, just use the pwr lead wires to charge most of the time and pwr lead wires + balance tap once or twice a month and you should be fine.
May 25, 2019, 06:33 AM
In search of speed......
I Balance charge with my 2 x 10XP and only use these charger for my 10s packs (2x 5s tape and wires)
Jun 03, 2019, 05:27 AM
Hi fly2bob. Sorry for the delayed response. I've now been charging my lipo batteries at the "faster" setting on my 10XP charger for over a week with really good results (charging times for my 10s packs wired in series are now reduced to approx 45-47 minutes) and no issues. My statement in one of my earlier responses of "plugged into both sides" referred to my power supply. Is it possible that my power supply (which is assembled from two servers) is wired in series to yield 24 volts? Keep in mind I do NOT have a background in electronics. Thanks.
Jun 04, 2019, 06:25 AM
Me either, so I wouldn't know, sorry.

Maybe someone else here could answer that for you.

Bob
Last edited by fly2bob; Jun 04, 2019 at 06:52 AM.
Jun 04, 2019, 09:45 AM
Sounds like anything is possible.

How can you not know? Doesn't the charger show input voltage?

Measure its output with a DMM.

Look how it's wired, google the difference between parallel and serial connections.

Worst case post photos
Jun 04, 2019, 06:55 PM
Hi John61CT. I noticed a bit of sarcasm in your last two responses directed to me and my situation and have decided to take this opportunity to correct you and your "know it all/condescending attitude" in this public forum! BTW, you are NOT the first individual from CT that I have been exposed to that thinks they have all the answers and the rest of us should either suck up or bow down to them. I choose neither! Understand?
Last edited by TN Walker; Jun 04, 2019 at 07:01 PM.
Jun 04, 2019, 10:12 PM
I did not intend any sarcasm, no idea why you might think that. I did express sincere bewilderment, but just trying to help.
Jun 05, 2019, 01:28 PM
I understand what you are trying to tell me but you need to understand there are more people out here seeking advice about lipo chargers and power supply units than individuals, like yourself, that do have a working knowledge of these two subjects. You might be better served exercising more patience and understanding instead of just giving "snapshot" answers.
Jun 05, 2019, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Feel free to ask if there's something you don't understand, after googling of course.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Jun 05, 2019, 09:03 PM
John, I appreciate your offer.

Quick Reply