Introducing the ALL NEW Cellpro 10XP Charger - Page 30 - RC Groups
Apr 08, 2016, 11:30 AM
What Goes Up...Must Come Down

Two MPA Boards Daisy Chained.... QUESTION

I just purchased a second MPA board to daisy chain to the first MPA board on my 10XP...does someone have a picture of the wiring set up used to "daisy chain" the two MPA boards and the 10XP? Specifically interested in the main + and - leads from each MPA board into the 10XP...
Thanks in advance!!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2016, 07:43 PM
Aren't the main leads stackable? Plug MPA main leads into each other front to back.
Apr 08, 2016, 10:33 PM
The main leads are stackable...and that is what I would think...But when I asked Howard (Revolectrix) he responded "Make sure that you are connecting the lead with the black wire on the MPA to the charger channel 1 and the second MPA to channel 2. I understand this, but everything I read (MPA brochure and in the specific Revolectilx lead ad shown below) says to use it to daisy the balance leads from MPA to MPA( http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/.../MPA-XH-X10_29 ) . So now I am a bit thrown off and don't feel like burning the place down :-D
It's no rush...winds are going to be gusting to 35 mph tomorrow :-(
Cheers!
Apr 08, 2016, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjets
The main leads are stackable...and that is what I would think...But when I asked Howard (Revolectrix) he responded "Make sure that you are connecting the lead with the black wire on the MPA to the charger channel 1 and the second MPA to channel 2. I understand this, but everything I read (MPA brochure and in the specific Revolectilx lead ad shown below) says to use it to daisy the balance leads from MPA to MPA( http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/.../MPA-XH-X10_29 ) . So now I am a bit thrown off and don't feel like burning the place down :-D
It's no rush...winds are going to be gusting to 35 mph tomorrow :-(
Cheers!
If you daisy chain the balance leads from MPA to MPA then I am sure you have to stack the main leads.

Glen
Apr 13, 2016, 07:30 PM

Daisy Chain vs Two Channel with MPA boards...

Finally all wiring and adaptors made/purchased for my dual MPA board set up... (10XP)
I have the capability of daisy chaining them or running each board off a separate channel as pictured.

Other than being limited to 5S LiPo's or less (not a problem for me at the moment) with the 2 channel set up...is there any benefit of doing one vs. the other as far as charge time and quality/safety? Anyone running this set up?
Thanks in advance!!
Apr 13, 2016, 09:52 PM
In search of speed......
Not sure if one way is better then the other....but here's is the way I setup mine....

Apr 14, 2016, 10:22 AM
Thanks Dansy...impressive set up. I am still scratching my head though, lol.
Cheers!
Apr 14, 2016, 11:29 AM
In search of speed......
Well in my minds this the most straight forward setup for 10S, I have other CellPro chargers for the rest of the stuff......in different box PL8 and a Dual PL8 each with own MPA boards.

I have 4x 10S planes...
Sep 01, 2016, 04:13 PM
Build to fly, fly to fix
Hey Dansy,
I can't find (or see) a straight answer regarding this charger. Can i charge two different cel count or different type of batteries at the same time with this charger? I am mainly looking for a compact two port charger, mainly for LiFe fightpacks charging at 1c
Am i looking in the right direction, or look at different chargers?
Cheers
Sep 01, 2016, 04:38 PM
In search of speed......
I will have to be home to look at this, I will let you know tomorrow
Sep 01, 2016, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckbot
Hey Dansy,
I can't find (or see) a straight answer regarding this charger. Can i charge two different cel count or different type of batteries at the same time with this charger? I am mainly looking for a compact two port charger, mainly for LiFe fightpacks charging at 1c
Am i looking in the right direction, or look at different chargers?
Cheers
You cannot charge different types (chemistry) at the same time. You can charge two packs of different cell counts. For instance any combination of two 1S to 5S at the same time. The charge current (not necessarily C rate) will be the same for both packs. Both packs have to be started and stopped at the same time.

Glen
Sep 11, 2016, 04:06 AM
Can anyone check if this charger can charge and discharge to custom voltage levels using CCS? I can't check without a charger unfortunately.
Sep 11, 2016, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parovozik
Can anyone check if this charger can charge and discharge to custom voltage levels using CCS? I can't check without a charger unfortunately.
You can select one of three LiPo voltage levels. (4.22, 4.20, 4.10)
There are two LiHV values. (4.27 and 4.35)

No custom values.

Glen
Oct 26, 2016, 04:58 PM
Quick question - Does the 10XP support charging (2) Duraflite Sentinel LiFe packs in non-balance mode (batteries have internal balancers)?

I'm looking for a field charger to complement my PL8 bench setup.

Thanks
Last edited by marksp; Dec 11, 2016 at 07:38 PM.
Apr 02, 2017, 12:23 AM
So if I wanted to charge 10S with the 10XP, would I use two of the SPA's and just plug one side into each of the balance ports or how does that work?