Sep 04, 2017, 06:51 AM
above us only sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troppo1
don't quite understand where the shim needs to go or what it does and why? but if it helps with landing I am all ears, so use to landing tidewater on the water, B17, T-28 and CZC on grass that this is getting the better of me
If you install the shim, you can fly without up elevator trim. Only time and practice will improve your landings.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2017, 11:48 PM
Aussie freezing in Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renfield
If you install the shim, you can fly without up elevator trim. Only time and practice will improve your landings.
yep practice makes perfect. getting there.
Sep 06, 2017, 09:27 AM
The king of mediocre flyin'!
ICON A5 fly! (8 min 17 sec)
Sep 16, 2017, 09:16 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikybob
Very nice!

Here's my not so nice one:

Icon A5 Maiden Flight - Haas Lake Park, South Lyon, MI while camping. (6 min 39 sec)

I needed a cameraman with zoom functionality.

Also, mine came as the e-flite remake and I had a hole in the fuse right from the factory, so now I'm out a servo, since they decided for whatever reason to mount the thing on the bottom where the water pools up and due to the intake of water, the servo now just glitches repeatedly after a week of drying.. And to make matters worse, I'm out of warranty too, so I figure I'd throw a generic 9 gram in there but I'd like a better way to mount it up and out of the pool if you know what I mean. Got any ideas how I can accomplish this inside the fuse? I'd really like to get this back up without all the tail wag I get now.
Sep 16, 2017, 09:22 AM
Suspended Account
Anyone have a fix or an alternative mounting position for the rudder servo?

I had a hole in mine right out of the box and it seeped in through the seam at the bottom center, effectively ruining my rudder servo that sits right at the very bottom of the hull where the water pools up. Needless to say I'm thinking about throwing in a generic 9 gram to replace it but need to find a new spot in the hull that will keep it up and out of the water lest it's tail wag like a labrador.
I put a film of white gorilla glue inside and out along the seam where the hull joins together, and it seems water tight where I was able to test the leaks, and supposedly it's waterproof so water in the hull should't be an issue anymore, however, in the event it does get in, I'd like to not keep popping $2.00 servos in after ever 6th or 7th flight.

Any ideas ?

Appreciated.

Thanks.
Sep 16, 2017, 05:52 PM
Well, had he not been alien grabbed I'd do a search for Traxxis is my recollection.....

b
Oct 01, 2017, 06:57 PM
ICON A5 fly! (10 min 7 sec)
Nov 07, 2017, 08:09 PM
Whoa?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3617473
Nov 07, 2017, 08:42 PM
Flying every chance I get!
Quote:
I saw that earlier but didn't think to look at what kind of plane it was. I checked out his Twitter feed and he really liked flying and has been doing it awhile. He took his family and others with him a lot in his other planes. I am kind of glad he was alone, but 40 is way too young.
Nov 07, 2017, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano
I saw that earlier but didn't think to look at what kind of plane it was. I checked out his Twitter feed and he really liked flying and has been doing it awhile. He took his family and others with him a lot in his other planes. I am kind of glad he was alone, but 40 is way too young.
Just tragic....

b
Nov 08, 2017, 09:17 AM
above us only sky
Quote:
Just tragic....

b
The horror. Twice in one year?!? C'mon people.

If the inspectors need detailed instructions on how to reliably get an Icon upside down in the water, I can demonstrate.
Nov 08, 2017, 03:04 PM
Quote:
The horror. Twice in one year?!? C'mon people.

If the inspectors need detailed instructions on how to reliably get an Icon upside down in the water, I can demonstrate.
Me too.

How the hell you been BTW?

b

DOH!

Beaver fly #2 after roll over! (5 min 18 sec)
Nov 09, 2017, 08:17 AM
above us only sky
Quote:
Me too.

How the hell you been BTW?

b

DOH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P12DOR0jFs
Hey Brian. It's been a weird summer. Karen and I split in May, so no more lake. Icons hang in my spare room like silent reminders of another life. I hadn't flown anything but quads in the last six months. Until this week.

I finally picked up a UMX Pitts and maidened it Monday. Flying off the site of a demolished grocery store in town. The exposed polished floor makes for a smooth runway for the little birds, but the obstacles (weeds, rocks, divots) are a bit like the lake in winter.

Glad to see you're still enjoying your Icons!
Nov 15, 2017, 09:39 AM
above us only sky

New Pitts, old UMX Icon.

Put a few more packs through the Pitts yesterday. What a fun little bird. Amazing verticals.

I also wrapped the old original UMX Icon in some new foam. Cool that it's still available.
Nov 15, 2017, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Hey Brian. It's been a weird summer. Karen and I split in May, so no more lake. Icons hang in my spare room like silent reminders of another life. I hadn't flown anything but quads in the last six months. Until this week.

I finally picked up a UMX Pitts and maidened it Monday. Flying off the site of a demolished grocery store in town. The exposed polished floor makes for a smooth runway for the little birds, but the obstacles (weeds, rocks, divots) are a bit like the lake in winter.

Glad to see you're still enjoying your Icons!
Sorry to hear but glad you're getting in some flying!

Quick Reply