Thread Tools
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:05 PM
Razors edge 29 is offline
Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
QuAd FaNaTiC
Razors edge 29's Avatar
This will probably be the coolest UM yet
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:06 PM
AggressorBLUE is offline
Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Park Stormer
BTW, went on wholesale trains, got as far as them asking to me to put in my CC info, and press "continue"...


...Um, no. I'm not giving anyone payment info, before they give me a shipping quote, lol.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new PNP UMX Beast skew in the $100 range, similar to the UMX Profile Extra. The release of the stryker and sbach mean the Beast will have to leverage a low price point to stay relevant. I'd personally Jump at a $100 PNP beast, as I plan to run single cell batteries in series for all my UM's, and have no need for the stock batt/charger.
Last edited by AggressorBLUE; Jul 28, 2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:13 PM
flitelab is offline
Find More Posts by flitelab
flitelab's Avatar
Some more info from HH on the Stryker here now as well:
HorizonHobby.com On The Horizon On The Horizon 7-28-11 (15 min 21 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:19 PM
PepeM is offline
Find More Posts by PepeM
Registered User
After checking all those videos it's starting to grow on me... Must resist...
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:33 PM
Dave Eichstedt is offline
Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE View Post
BTW, went on wholesale trains, got as far as them asking to me to put in my CC info, and press "continue"...


...Um, no. I'm not giving anyone payment info, before they give me a shipping quote, lol.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new PNP UMX Beast skew in the $100 range, similar to the UMX Profile Extra. The release of the stryker and sbach mean the Beast will have to leverage a low price point to stay relevant. I'd personally Jump at a $100 PNP beast, as I plan to run single cell batteries in series for all my UM's, and have no need for the stock batt/charger.
Why wait for a PNP (which is not coming) when you can get a BNF at that price today?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLU4080
Last edited by Dave Eichstedt; Jul 28, 2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:39 PM
nickimde is offline
Find More Posts by nickimde
Registered User
The Beast for 99 $ is the best deal on any UM micro there is !! It is a great plane and I am going to pass on this one. I have my "happy micro" hanger and just dont see where this one fits. MSR for in the house, Beast and Sbach for the field. Gonna sell Corsair to a guy at my field as I hardly fly it and my 120 SR heli that is still broken.

Nick
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:42 PM
ty_horn is offline
Find More Posts by ty_horn
Philippians 4:13
oh gees. I need one
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:45 PM
Bergwood is offline
Find More Posts by Bergwood
Untrustworthy 99%-er
Bergwood's Avatar
Excellent video Chuck, nice job!! An excellent job to Horizon as well!! I will definitely be getting (at least) one of these.

Berg
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:51 PM
CrashMeUp is offline
Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Crashomatic
CrashMeUp's Avatar
that UM Stryker is going to be the hell of a micro FPV plane

ps: some micros are better than others and the beast is indeed an excellent one "stock".
Old Jul 28, 2011, 06:56 PM
ty_horn is offline
Find More Posts by ty_horn
Philippians 4:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by apothecarion View Post
looks great guys... awesome promo video... that boomerang landing is something I don't think I'll be trying ^^
trust me you will.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:05 PM
turnerm is offline
Find More Posts by turnerm
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooner2000 View Post
Some more info from HH on the Stryker here now as well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjPNqcdCOUc
Thanks for sharing. Great video. I always enjoy hearing QQ talk about his planes. This one looks to be a "must have" for me.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:28 PM
AggressorBLUE is offline
Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Park Stormer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt View Post
Why wait for a PNP (which is not coming) when you can get a BNF at that price today?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLU4080
That is a good point Dave! I'd have taken the plane sans batt and charger at that price.

Should hold me over nicely till the Stryker comes out.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:29 PM
RealGambler is offline
Find More Posts by RealGambler
Way to many airplanes!
As a owner of the full size F-27Q, and based on the videos so far, I also agree that it does look like it does fly SO MUCH like the real one, it's scary. What's the limit now? Next step, the ultra-nano series (a sub 10" Stryker?).

Would like to know what is the average flight time with the stock battery and if you use a Y connector for the rudders or not?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:31 PM
zmonster97 is offline
Find More Posts by zmonster97
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Do you think this stryker will handle the wind much better than other micros? I'm guessing it will because the larger one handles the wind so well.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:35 PM
restlessswind is offline
Find More Posts by restlessswind
Registered User
restlessswind's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmonster97 View Post
Do you think this stryker will handle the wind much better than other micros? I'm guessing it will because the larger one handles the wind so well.
Wait till you see a video of the first couple of chaps try it.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 03:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 06:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 12:02 PM