Thread Tools
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:11 AM
CrashMeUp is offline
Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Crashomatic
CrashMeUp's Avatar
Only one servo get stuck at 70% (or even at 100%), the other one just has a jitter issue, which, well, i hadnt see before. contacts seems good. But, you're saying you find it normal that you can't have enough throw to do flat spins? Because I don't think it is. They're advertised in the video too if I'm not wrong. Anyway, I'll probably just replace that servo.. and the other one too.

What is your SPM file?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:14 AM
macr0t0r is offline
Find More Posts by macr0t0r
Got more toys than my kid
macr0t0r's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMeUp View Post
Only one servo get stuck at 70% (or even at 100%), the other one just has a jitter issue, which, well, i hadnt see before. contacts seems good. But, you're saying you find it normal that you can't have enough throw to do flat spins? Because I don't think it is. They're advertised in the video too if I'm not wrong. Anyway, I'll probably just replace that servo.. and the other one too.

What is your SPM file?
It's in this post. I should probably find a more visible place for it. Maybe start a separate thread for Stryker SPM files?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3760

The post explains what I did. I was hoping to fine-tune it, but the weather has been too cruddy to test my latest tweaks.

- Jim
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:30 AM
lovespicyfood is offline
Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
It's in this post. I should probably find a more visible place for it. Maybe start a separate thread for Stryker SPM files?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3760

The post explains what I did. I was hoping to fine-tune it, but the weather has been too cruddy to test my latest tweaks.

- Jim
Hi Jim,

Just loaded your file into my DX8 after moving the servo connectors around as suggested. Everything works fine except for the right aileron is not working. However, this control surface works fine when applying elevator- the control surface moves and moves in the right direction.

Any suggestions on what is going on?

The only thing I did so far was erase the +30 sub trim on the rudders...

Thanks,
Pete
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:11 AM
CrashMeUp is offline
Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Crashomatic
CrashMeUp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
It's in this post. I should probably find a more visible place for it. Maybe start a separate thread for Stryker SPM files?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3760

The post explains what I did. I was hoping to fine-tune it, but the weather has been too cruddy to test my latest tweaks.

- Jim
Oh I see thanks. However, I'm using a DX7 ;-)
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:16 PM
electricrc68 is offline
Find More Posts by electricrc68
The Sweet Aroma of Fuel
electricrc68's Avatar
Hey guys. How much wind can this plane easily handle? It doesn't have AS3X, so I'm a little concerned about wind handling.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:18 PM
airpower is offline
Find More Posts by airpower
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Almost as much as AS3X planes, just not nearly as smooth.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:20 PM
electricrc68 is offline
Find More Posts by electricrc68
The Sweet Aroma of Fuel
electricrc68's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Almost as much as AS3X planes, just not nearly as smooth.
Oh okay thanks. Thats pretty sweet then!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:58 PM
macr0t0r is offline
Find More Posts by macr0t0r
Got more toys than my kid
macr0t0r's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood View Post
Hi Jim,

Just loaded your file into my DX8 after moving the servo connectors around as suggested. Everything works fine except for the right aileron is not working. However, this control surface works fine when applying elevator- the control surface moves and moves in the right direction.

Any suggestions on what is going on?

The only thing I did so far was erase the +30 sub trim on the rudders...

Thanks,
Pete
Hmmmm....that's odd. You switched the right aileron servo from the elevator port to the pitch(CH6) port, right? What Airware are you running?

- Jim
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:18 PM
lovespicyfood is offline
Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by macr0t0r View Post
Hmmmm....that's odd. You switched the right aileron servo from the elevator port to the pitch(CH6) port, right? What Airware are you running?

- Jim
Yes, I think I switched it correctly but I will check again. I am using 2.06 which I think is the latest...

Confused...it should overwrite the model I copy it into, shouldn't it? Wondering if I have some setting off...

Will delve into this later tonight and report back...

Thank you for your help!

Pete
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:56 PM
jumna is offline
Find More Posts by jumna
Registered User
I'm revising my idea of how much wind it can handle. My pz trojan was getting shoved around but mostly did fine in the wind, even got in some good harrier landings. But my um Stryker got blown downwind while high and was lost in the woods, despite frantic corrections. If most everyone else leaves the field in disgust, you are taking your chances for sure. .
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:44 PM
macr0t0r is offline
Find More Posts by macr0t0r
Got more toys than my kid
macr0t0r's Avatar
Wait....I thought downwind turns were a myth.
(I kid, I kid). Hope you didn't hurt it too badly. Sounds like you were pushing the limits!

The Stryker can handle "winds" better than most of the newer eFlite birds, but "gusts" are a different story. I don't think the Stryker needs AS3X, but it would have some benefit. It would be even better if the AS3X had some built-in logic to never overdrive the linear servos!

- Jim
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:50 PM
CrashMeUp is offline
Find More Posts by CrashMeUp
Crashomatic
CrashMeUp's Avatar
The Stryker has a rather large wing area compared to a trojan. It flies very well in the wind (IMO), even gusty, but if you expose the maximum surface area to the wind, it will get blown away much faster than a trojan ever will ;-). That + low initial speed = no control.

I like to play with that as it feels like "surfing" the air when its windy, but one should be careful when doing it
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:59 PM
erkq is online now
Find More Posts by erkq
Registered User
Yes... if you get disoriented in the wind, it's gone...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:00 PM
pugsam is offline
Find More Posts by pugsam
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
pugsam's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Yes... if you get disoriented in the wind, it's gone...
True dat.

Also, if you have a servo lock-up while you're flying in high wind, it's gone. (As the saying goes, "Ask me how I know.......")

Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:12 PM
brushless55 is offline
Find More Posts by brushless55
big ignore list
brushless55's Avatar
Got mine yesterday from the Black Friday $70 sale!
and picked up a DX8 about an hour ago!!!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 03:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 06:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 12:02 PM