Oct 28, 2012, 03:01 PM
Wanton construction
Pouncer's Avatar

Stryker/Micro Swift hybrid


Hi guys

Just wanted to show off my Micro Swift with Stryker guts, as a replacement airframe for my defunct Stryker.
It's EPP and virtually indestructible (in normal operation)
Moved the winglets inboard of the elevons and added rudders, then reshaped the wing tips.
I like it, can be flown closer in than the Stryker, and has a very good climb rate.
No boomerang though, and doesn't seem as fast.

Build thread (second post from start): https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1741286
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2012, 03:09 PM
You can't take the sky from me
copperbricks's Avatar
has anyone tested the amp draw of the stock setup with a 5030 prop? It'd be interesting to see how that would help the vertical. Also, it'd be nice to be able to keep the same motor if I want to switch the airframe to a beast/sbach
Oct 30, 2012, 02:23 PM
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbricks View Post
has anyone tested the amp draw of the stock setup with a 5030 prop? It'd be interesting to see how that would help the vertical. Also, it'd be nice to be able to keep the same motor if I want to switch the airframe to a beast/sbach
I just got 5030's for my geebee with the same kv motor. I use nanotec 260 50c batts and had no issue with tripping the overcurrent. But I think the 5030 is too wide and will hit the rudders on the stryker.
Oct 30, 2012, 02:35 PM
Registered User
This is off topic, but the main reason I never picked up a gee bee was because of the ocp notice. Did you have a problem with the protection kicking in on a stock setup?
Oct 30, 2012, 02:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
I just got 5030's for my geebee with the same kv motor. I use nanotec 260 50c batts and had no issue with tripping the overcurrent. But I think the 5030 is too wide and will hit the rudders on the stryker.
I haven't flown mine in a long time, but we used to put 4045's on these things. With good batteries it turned into a screaming little monster!
Oct 30, 2012, 04:47 PM
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster94gt View Post
This is off topic, but the main reason I never picked up a gee bee was because of the ocp notice. Did you have a problem with the protection kicking in on a stock setup?
Had no issues with mine whatsoever..... 100% throttle for a whole battery.
Oct 30, 2012, 04:49 PM
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I haven't flown mine in a long time, but we used to put 4045's on these things. With good batteries it turned into a screaming little monster!
I am going to get a different prop for the stryker but not sure what to get. It's fast enough for me I just want something a bit quieter and a bit more battery friendly...
Oct 30, 2012, 04:57 PM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
4040 is quieter. im sorry, but if you need to go easy on your batteries, they shouldnt be in the stryker, try umx hyperion 240s
Oct 30, 2012, 05:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
I am going to get a different prop for the stryker but not sure what to get. It's fast enough for me I just want something a bit quieter and a bit more battery friendly...
Oops, yes, 4040. But it's the 3000kv motor that's the hornet's nest, not so much the prop.
Oct 30, 2012, 05:32 PM
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
4040 is quieter. im sorry, but if you need to go easy on your batteries, they shouldnt be in the stryker, try umx hyperion 240s
I use the nanotech 260ma 50c so I was looking for more flight time not thea the battery's couldn't handle it.
Oct 30, 2012, 08:10 PM
Registered User
I R Irv's Avatar
More flight time from your batteries means less amp draw from the motor = smaller prop, which I don't think you want to do. You could also try and shave 20 grams off the airframe but I just don't see that happening. Looks like you stick with what you got or buy bigger batteries. Sorry but it doesn't look like anything you wanted to hear.
TODD
Oct 30, 2012, 10:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
I use the nanotech 260ma 50c so I was looking for more flight time not thea the battery's couldn't handle it.
Just use throttle management for longer flight times. Same effect except you've got some powah when you want it.
Oct 31, 2012, 06:11 AM
Registered User
Dannyboy85's Avatar
Just ordered some 4040s so we will see how they fly.
Nov 04, 2012, 01:45 PM
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Still cant believe how amazing this little plane is at 3D.
Have been practicing parachutes and tic tocs, any one else been doing that on this plane?
Nov 04, 2012, 02:40 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Still cant believe how amazing this little plane is at 3D.
Have been practicing parachutes and tic tocs, any one else been doing that on this plane?
How do you do a tic toc with a plane? I thought you needed +- cyclic for that.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 02:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 05:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 11:02 AM