Thread Tools
Jun 11, 2012, 06:47 AM
Registered User
I put on mine the GRAUPNER CAM SPEED PROP 4/3 10/8 CM.......What a great prop is faster and more torque than the stock one.
Fits directly.....I don't know if is better or less than the GWS 4040....
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 11, 2012, 07:24 AM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
4040s are great, try one and compare it to your 4030
Jun 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
Had trouble with my full-size Stryker so turned to the 'lil sister to satisfy my "speed" addiction. Had a BLAST!!! Upright Boomerangs all day!! I can NOT believe how easy I can get her in the Upright rang!! I was doing it ALL day long!! I have yet to master that move with her big brother. But had a blast & nothing but Babbel Batts!!!!!
Jun 18, 2012, 06:57 PM
Registered User
I R Irv's Avatar

...


Bought a Stryker that had way to many repairs and came up with this. Might struggle with the CG but hopefully it'll fly.
TODD
Jun 18, 2012, 07:36 PM
Registered User
xmech2k's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut
Had trouble with my full-size Stryker so turned to the 'lil sister to satisfy my "speed" addiction. Had a BLAST!!! Upright Boomerangs all day!! I can NOT believe how easy I can get her in the Upright rang!! I was doing it ALL day long!! I have yet to master that move with her big brother. But had a blast & nothing but Babbel Batts!!!!!
OK, I'll take the bait: I can do inverted boomerangs all day, how do you do the upright ones?

Also, I'm new to this bird and after searching a while, could only find one post on a few maneuvers. Anyone else have any good ones? That post had the inverted boomerang, falling leaf, a couple other simple ones. I'd link it now, but it would probably take a while to find again.
Jun 18, 2012, 07:45 PM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmech2k
OK, I'll take the bait: I can do inverted boomerangs all day, how do you do the upright ones?

Also, I'm new to this bird and after searching a while, could only find one post on a few maneuvers. Anyone else have any good ones? That post had the inverted boomerang, falling leaf, a couple other simple ones. I'd link it now, but it would probably take a while to find again.
Read this: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=15

This is EXACTLY how I do it and it works EVERYTIME with the micro, I was able to do it today twice with her big brother. The micro works easily for me, with the full-size it's definately a "timing" thing when moving the right stick from the lower left corner to the upper right corner. You know you got it when it goes into an upright boomerang, if it's done incorreclty it looks like a lame duck with it's nose pointing down to the ground. Good luck! And don't forget to give yourself plenty of altitude!!!!
Last edited by rcoconut; Jun 18, 2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: words added
Jun 18, 2012, 08:31 PM
Registered User
this might me a stupid question but will a FrSky DF 2.4Ghz module on my futaba 9c work with this plane?
Jun 18, 2012, 09:56 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Fish99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NillSpace
this might me a stupid question but will a FrSky DF 2.4Ghz module on my futaba 9c work with this plane?
Nope ... FrSky is a different "system" from Spectrum DSM2 / DSMX. You would need to do surgery to change the brick, unless there is some sort of MODULE you can drop into the FrSky Tx ... not at all familiar with it so others might know more ...

Marlin
Jun 18, 2012, 09:58 PM
Flying addicted and lovin it!
Fish99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmech2k
OK, I'll take the bait: I can do inverted boomerangs all day, how do you do the upright ones?

Also, I'm new to this bird and after searching a while, could only find one post on a few maneuvers. Anyone else have any good ones? That post had the inverted boomerang, falling leaf, a couple other simple ones. I'd link it now, but it would probably take a while to find again.
I have a fair bit of success with the system I posted about earlier. Not my system, but one I found online. Works very well. Rather than re-post/desribe here, have a look at the video I did up if you are interested. The only thing I will add is that a person should pull the rudder across at the end to accelerate the spin, maybe fool around with UP vs DOWN elevator as well, once the flat spin is initiated. Get good at starting them, then experiment as that is what I am doing.

Marlin

Boomerang Video
Last edited by Fish99; Jun 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Jun 19, 2012, 12:02 AM
Registered User
xmech2k's Avatar
Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll have to study and do some mental practice before I try. I'd like a bigger bag of tricks than just the inverted boomerang!
Jun 19, 2012, 05:44 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut
Read this: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6&postcount=15

This is EXACTLY how I do it and it works EVERYTIME with the micro, I was able to do it today twice with her big brother.
It's exactly the same thing with the big brother... Are you sure your C.G. is ok when you fly the big one? It has to be perfect or a bit tail heavy.
Jun 19, 2012, 06:14 AM
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R Irv
Bought a Stryker that had way to many repairs and came up with this. Might struggle with the CG but hopefully it'll fly.
TODD
Nice idea

Is that still work in progress?
I see the fus is missing and thought that might be what you were meaning by CG issues. The Stryker 180 can be nose heavy sometimes so your mod would help with that, now I see though that there is no board or battery!

Where do you plan to put them or is the fus going back on?
Jun 19, 2012, 12:16 PM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
It's exactly the same thing with the big brother... Are you sure your C.G. is ok when you fly the big one? It has to be perfect or a bit tail heavy.
You and Pugsam have helped me with the full-size and I can NOT get her to Upright when I want?! I'm still 50-50 with her, but no drama with her 'lil sister! CG is aft so I think it's more timing for me? 'Cause I did an upright yesterday! I'm still trying to figure out what the timing is though, LOL!!!
Jun 19, 2012, 02:50 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut
You and Pugsam have helped me with the full-size and I can NOT get her to Upright when I want?! I'm still 50-50 with her, but no drama with her 'lil sister! CG is aft so I think it's more timing for me? 'Cause I did an upright yesterday! I'm still trying to figure out what the timing is though, LOL!!!
There's some timing involved, but make sure you don't give too much elevator too. I think the amount of elevator is more tricky on the big one. From memory, I go about 80% on mine. But I suspect it could be even less.
Jun 19, 2012, 02:59 PM
Do you see what I see?
rcoconut's Avatar
I think too much ELE is my problem! 'Cause you know the result, she flips inverted, but I'll definitely keep trying it 'til I can do the Upright Boomerang every time! Thanks


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 02:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 05:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 11:02 AM