Jan 29, 2012, 10:12 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Don't say the C word! Come to think of it, getting a good doppler may in fact, be easier! As confirmed by RCBabbel, this thing is much louder, so low pass may not be mandatory!

Wondering when the HH guys will show up to tell more about it! Looks like they had that in mind when they designed the Rx, but never said a word, so looking forward to know why!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2012, 03:48 AM
BMFA 190658
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Hyperion has decided against balance taps on their small packs.
How necessary they are is still open for debate.

After a bunch of 3S fight testing, I do plan to start selling UMX ready Hyp 3S 180s without balance leads.
Shame that... not sure if my Cellpro would charge 3S using just the power wires, it would probably come up with an error
Jan 30, 2012, 12:15 PM
Southern Pride
OK now I am confused again.

Someone posted that the 2S Hyperions had balancing leads and I know for a fact every 3S and above Hyperion I have purchased or tested in the past 7 years has had balancing leads.

They use to not have balancing leads on the 2S to save a bit of weight and expense and fact is that quality 2S charged at 1 or even 3C do not normaly need balancing however at 3 to 5C I feel that balancing leads are required on any 2S or greater LiPoly if for no other reason than to stop the charge if a cell goes to high.

Yes indeed some chargers can ues the balancing leads to keep a charge safe even if a non balaced mode is selected.

Charles
Jan 30, 2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot
Shame that... not sure if my Cellpro would charge 3S using just the power wires, it would probably come up with an error
My TP 610 would do the same as well as my Turnigy 2 channel. I definitely need a balance tap.
Jan 30, 2012, 12:47 PM
BMFA 190658
Come on RCB!

You've got customers if you fit ballance taps on em
Jan 30, 2012, 02:16 PM
Have fun
RCB,
xh balance leads.
Purchased!
Jan 30, 2012, 04:47 PM
Southern Pride
Go here and look at ones on thse scale

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=54990

Those are stock Hyp. UMX packs with OEM heatshrink removed and light weight HS installed.

Snip

Quote:
*New*
Stock Hyperion (2S) UMX packs that have been lightened and thinned down:

Hyperion (2S) 180mAh 25C RTF w/UMX connector.
$12.95
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=601

Hyperion (2S) 240mAh 25C RTF w/UMX connector.
$12.95
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=617
Why would 2S have balancing leads but not 3S? I think perhaps someone is confused.

Links go to wrong location but I only cut n pasted them. First (top) link works.

Charles
Feb 03, 2012, 01:02 PM
Embargo lifted.
well I took up the bird with the 180 Nanotechs had it all the way forward and.....

It was lighter and more floaty, not as fast didn't handle the wind as well. So imho it was good to slow it down a bit and not a bad fit but not for speed, which is what this bird is meant for. The other thing I noticed was that for turns you need some speed otherwise it dove some.
Feb 03, 2012, 01:57 PM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Hyp 3S 180mAh Stryker and Sbach test flight report.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=3583

rc
hey bro, any idea of speed with the 3s pack?

btw, not sure if you saw my post on the Sbach thread but I have figured my average amp draw on my Sbach with a 4540 prop on 3s is 4amps
Feb 04, 2012, 03:37 PM
Fly Fast!
Hey Guys,
I have a Stryker f27-180..the 2 cell ,200mah battery can i only charge them at just 1c,.020amps?Or can i charge it at 2c,so .040 amps? I have the charger adapter to plug into my Hyperion charger..so i can charge at a higher rate if i can.
Thanks,
Dan
Feb 04, 2012, 05:48 PM
UMX 3S OG
It should be set at 0.20amps for 1C, but I think the stock charger is set to 1.5c?
Feb 05, 2012, 06:39 AM
Awesome day today with the Stryker, scrambled to intercept 2 wedge tailed eagles spotted eyeing off some of our models... I dont think they were intimidated tho

Thought you guys might enjoy the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=549nIe-zxVA
Feb 05, 2012, 07:44 AM

Simulators and flat spins

I've just tried to flat spin the F-27Q in Clearview but it won't have it. Anyone know if there are any other sims that can handle flat spins?
Feb 05, 2012, 08:58 AM
Free crash course available!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU
Awesome day today with the Stryker, scrambled to intercept 2 wedge tailed eagles spotted eyeing off some of our models... I dont think they were intimidated tho

Thought you guys might enjoy the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=549nIe-zxVA
WOW...... That was really a close chase... in the beginning looks like the whole earth is just the field...sometime later at around 57 sec it looks as if the earth is made of 2 hemispheres, blue sky and the green field...
Feb 05, 2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs_sunil
WOW...... That was really a close chase... in the beginning looks like the whole earth is just the field...sometime later at around 57 sec it looks as if the earth is made of 2 hemispheres, blue sky and the green field...
Thx The stryker is awesome... waitin for the mig15 tho but I dont think it will be as fun of a platform...
The camera lens distorts the image a fair bit to get the wide angle, not ideal but its better than the narrow standard lens... Not sure if thats what you mean

Quick Reply