Thread Tools
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:43 AM
Gerry__ is offline
Find More Posts by Gerry__
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
and somehow I just do not understand some folks negative reactions to the Stryker180. Granted wings and delta are not for everyone but even box stock it lauches and flys great and with a better prop(s) and LiPolys it really performs.
Yep, guy was whining on to me the other day about how bad he thought the UM Stryker was. According to him it's 'unlaunchable'.

Of course it all came down to his launch technique which, to say the least, was cackhanded. Anyway, I showed him how to launch frisbee style and he had to eat his words although he still says it flies badly, which it does with him at the Tx. All he wants to do is compare the tiny Stryker to something much bigger and much more expensive.

I told him he was being stupid and now he is in a sulk and won't talk to me.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:47 AM
SilentPilot is online now
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
Strykers are like Marmite, you either love them or hate them!!!

You just have to agree to dissagree
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire mk1a
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:54 AM
bs_sunil is offline
Find More Posts by bs_sunil
Free crash course available!!!
bs_sunil's Avatar
How I am glad that I fell in love with the UM Stryker ...I feel pity for those who dislike it and loose the chance to enjoy flying this awesome plane...
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:54 AM
epoweredrc is offline
Find More Posts by epoweredrc
27 yrs. of Aircraft flying.
epoweredrc's Avatar
Some people cant fly anything, believe me 4 months working in a very busy hobbyshop I get broken planes in all the time.people come in looking for a jet when they need to be buying a Champ or j3 cub.
Not flown the micro but the big boy F27Q is a blast. but only good for going fast and flat spins
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:58 AM
Gerry__ is offline
Find More Posts by Gerry__
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPilot View Post
Strykers are like Marmite, you either love them or hate them!!!

You just have to agree to dissagree
I'm struggling with the concept of not liking something with such a massive flight envelope that you can fly it any way you want. Also I just don't understand the mentality of not liking something that's so much fun.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:05 AM
SilentPilot is online now
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
Same here Gerry!!

BUT. it's a pusher, it's a delta, no wheels etc.
Some luddites just dont get it
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire mk1a
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:41 PM
Elisecat is offline
Find More Posts by Elisecat
"Add Lightness"..Colin Chapman
Just popped onto this thread for the 1st time in a while and saw the
interesting posts above.

I think the UM Stryker is really cool. Probably one of the coolest UM's out there. However I think it just comes down to preference, etc.

It just didn't appeal to me for some reason and I just sold mine to a nice person who will enjoy it I'm sure. I wish I could put my finger on exactly why
I didn't like it but I can't. For some reason the more traditional planks such as the UM Beast and Sbach give me more enjoyment.

I'm going to take my Stryker money and put it toward the Gee Bee.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:52 PM
SilentPilot is online now
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
Elisecat,

I thought that at first. Usually I hate planes without U/C, touch and goes are such a must for me to improve take off and landings that I dont care much for anything without them. So much so that I would love the Eflite Scimitar with retracts instead of the bigger Stryker, only the price puts me off...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire mk1a
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:09 PM
erkq is online now
Find More Posts by erkq
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisecat View Post
Just popped onto this thread for the 1st time in a while and saw the
interesting posts above.

I think the UM Stryker is really cool. Probably one of the coolest UM's out there. However I think it just comes down to preference, etc.

It just didn't appeal to me for some reason and I just sold mine to a nice person who will enjoy it I'm sure. I wish I could put my finger on exactly why
I didn't like it but I can't. For some reason the more traditional planks such as the UM Beast and Sbach give me more enjoyment.

I'm going to take my Stryker money and put it toward the Gee Bee.
I have a UM Stryker with the 4040 prop and Hyperions. I don't fly it much, and unlike others I can tell you why. I like ROG take-offs and shooting landings. I like standard aerobatics like 4 point rolls, slow rolls, hammerheads and knife edges. I like 3D moves like pop-tops, hovers, and flat slow rudder-turns. In short, without a properly functioning rudder it just doesn't do the moves I like an airplane to do. It does do elevators and boomerangs, but that's not enough for what I have to give up. I much prever the Beast and Sbach, and in the larger world, my Slick 51.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:44 PM
Gerry__ is offline
Find More Posts by Gerry__
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I have a UM Stryker with the 4040 prop and Hyperions. I don't fly it much, and unlike others I can tell you why. I like ROG take-offs and shooting landings. I like standard aerobatics like 4 point rolls, slow rolls, hammerheads and knife edges. I like 3D moves like pop-tops, hovers, and flat slow rudder-turns. In short, without a properly functioning rudder it just doesn't do the moves I like an airplane to do. It does do elevators and boomerangs, but that's not enough for what I have to give up. I much prever the Beast and Sbach, and in the larger world, my Slick 51.
yeah, but didn't you know all that before you bought it? If you only like ROG then why buy a plane with no gear?

For example, I don't like free flight planes, which is why I don't buy them and because I don't buy them I don't need to got and tell the free flight community why I don't like them.

As long as something does what it says on the tin, there's no point buying into it and then being negative about it.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:25 PM
erkq is online now
Find More Posts by erkq
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
yeah, but didn't you know all that before you bought it? If you only like ROG then why buy a plane with no gear?

For example, I don't like free flight planes, which is why I don't buy them and because I don't buy them I don't need to got and tell the free flight community why I don't like them.

As long as something does what it says on the tin, there's no point buying into it and then being negative about it.
EDIT: BTW, I'm still part of this community. I still own mine and I still fly it, unlike you and free flight.

Of course. I'm not a dope. It's just THAT in addition to all the other stuff. I had to experience the whole package and it came up as not as much fun to fly.

As far as being negative, I'm just joining the conversation that this UM Stryker community already has in play. Excu-uuse the hell out of me.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erkq; Jan 22, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:02 PM
Rob_G is offline
Find More Posts by Rob_G
Registered User
I have the complete working guts from my first 180 and would be interested in trading for some (new) hyperion batteries. If anyone is interested, let me know. It all works %100, but the airframe had an unfortunate case of 'hangar rash' that left it unflyable. Rather than lament over it, I went and bought another

Rob
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:57 PM
hfenn is offline
Find More Posts by hfenn
Barnwell, SC
I'm luvin mine.
Stryker27Q 180 ultraMicro (5 min 11 sec)
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:16 AM
DangerDave is offline
Find More Posts by DangerDave
Registered User
Deleted
Last edited by DangerDave; Jan 31, 2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:12 AM
bs_sunil is offline
Find More Posts by bs_sunil
Free crash course available!!!
bs_sunil's Avatar
[QUOTE=DangerDave;20510298]Another GWS 4040 & Hyperion 240 flight.
This time you can at least see the Stryker


Nice..
You bet, tracking the little Stryker with a video camera is challenging...it gets so small and fast...zooming causes lots of shake while chasing the little one...anyone any ideas on how to have a good video of the little Stryker flying...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 03:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 06:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 12:02 PM