New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 18, 2012, 03:39 PM
IndyMatt is offline
Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Registered User
RG, I think the software just isn't there yet. It seems like all the mechanical bits would be there, they just need to remap the programming I think.

They also say that the AS2000 servos are not up to the task of the AS3X system that you need to use their new servos as they can handle the many many micro adjustments.

Almost sold my Stryker, decided to go ahead and keep it. Even had it listed in the classifieds for a bit!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:07 PM
RealGambler is offline
Find More Posts by RealGambler
Way to many airplanes!
They would have to pull my Stryker from my dead body! It's in my top 3 favorite airplanes.... I agree with you, it's only software, so eventually, we will get something to fly a wing... Just have to wait a little longer I guess.

I knew about the servos, it's in my FAQ since day one. Funilly, today, Mike (from HH) did say AGAIN that using the old servos is a sure way to get a failure quickly. And I trust him! Until now, I would have been tempted to give it a shot anyway, even if I knew the risk. Oh well, I'm sure I'll break some foam soon enough and get a stash of those new servos anyway!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:55 AM
SilentPilot is offline
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Just been confirmed.... The new Mig 15 AS3X receiver is programmable, but only for standard airplane configuration... So it will not work on the Stryker. Me sad... Oh well, maybe next revision!
Do what I'm planning. Next time I knock the nose off I'm putting a fuse extension with a Cannard Wing on ala Eurofighter

Put the Elevator up front and you can fly without the Elevon mix
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire mk1a
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:21 AM
everydayflyer is offline
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Put the Elevator up front and you can fly without the Elevon mix
How does that improve knife edge,keeping wing(s) perfectly level in a loop, preventing being tossed around so badly in gusty winds etc.. such as a gyro system does?

Making it a canard would preven t stalling which is not a problem now, ellevon mix is not an issue except for a very few who had transmitter / receiver issues.


I have flown flying wings and deltas since the mid seventies when mechanical mixers were required . I almost wet my pants with excitement and joy when electric mixers become available and I seem to remember shouting something like No F.....Way when elevon mixing was added to the transmitter.

Really the Stryker 180 is so easy to setup( what setup) so easy to launch and fly , is a slice of pie easy to land I fail to see why some want AS3X but then I have not flow a Beast 3D either much less in a 20MPH wind.

Too canard or not too canard?. I think canards are cool looking and flew one back in the mid nineties. Love the Beachcraft Starship and would have an RC one if I was not such a lazy old coot when it comes to building these days. ARFs , BNF , have ruined me.


If one converted a S 180 to a canard the task of getting it rebalanced would be huge most likely as many say their's is , was nose heavy to start off.

FYI From the box mine balances perfetly with OEM LiPoly in the center of the slot and also with Hyp.180 at rear of slot only a Hyp.240 makes it ever so slightly nose heavy.

Charles
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:50 AM
IndyMatt is offline
Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Registered User
Both my original airframe the replacement airframe were extremely nose heavy. There was NO WAY to get them balanced at the recommended CG point without balast and removing the middle brace between the battery and board to move the battery as rearward as possible. This needed to be done both with the OEM and hyperion batteries.

That is my only complaint about this UM, needed serious work to get it balanced correctly out of the box.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 07:58 AM
SilentPilot is offline
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
Charles,

I too am very happy with mine as standard! The Canard was just an option available so that it does not need elevon mixing, therefore is AS3X compatible

True some people say their 180's are nose heavy, adding a canard would enable the CG to move to the leading edge of the mainwing (obviously depending on the final design) so should not be an issue if planned correctly.

Tony
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire mk1a
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:18 AM
everydayflyer is offline
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Quote:
The Canard was just an option available so that it does not need elevon mixing, therefore is AS3X compatible
Quote:
, adding a canard would enable the CG to move to the leading edge of the mainwing (obviously depending on the final design)
Both valid points which I failed to even consider.

Charles
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:36 AM
SilentPilot is offline
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
No problem!!

I have a spare fuse now so might do a prototype just to test the water
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire mk1a
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:19 AM
kelloggair is offline
Find More Posts by kelloggair
Quad Questions Team member
kelloggair's Avatar
hehe bad idea coming down the tubes here guys, so they apperently will be selling the little 28mm fan for the mig seperate, edf stryker anyone?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:40 PM
airpower is offline
Find More Posts by airpower
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Edf, plus lg! Plus steering!


Not touching mine!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:32 AM
Gerry__ is offline
Find More Posts by Gerry__
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
I lost a servo cover the other day. Must have popped off in flight. 6 incl. P&P from ebay for the PKZU2253 servo set, ouch! So, the set has arrived but with only 3 covers not 4. Packet looks like it may have been opened and one taken out. I suspect the seller is pulling a fast one. Anyway, I've emailed them to see what they say.

I really wish PZ UK would allow people to by parts direct from them. Their dealers can't seem to be bothered to hold spares in stock, so forget walking into a LHS to buy parts, you'll have to wait for them to order them, or you can pay the inflated prices on ebay.

Not good enough PZ UK.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:42 AM
rsmheli is offline
Find More Posts by rsmheli
Registered User
rsmheli's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
I lost a servo cover the other day. Must have popped off in flight. 6 incl. P&P from ebay for the PKZU2253 servo set, ouch! So, the set has arrived but with only 3 covers not 4. Packet looks like it may have been opened and one taken out. I suspect the seller is pulling a fast one. Anyway, I've emailed them to see what they say.

I really wish PZ UK would allow people to by parts direct from them. Their dealers can't seem to be bothered to hold spares in stock, so forget walking into a LHS to buy parts, you'll have to wait for them to order them, or you can pay the inflated prices on ebay.

Not good enough PZ UK.
That is quite a coincidence, I ordered a set of 4 covers a couple months ago and I also only received 3.
I don't think I ordered from e-bay, but it was an online shop in the US.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:55 AM
Gerry__ is offline
Find More Posts by Gerry__
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmheli View Post
That is quite a coincidence, I ordered a set of 4 covers a couple months ago and I also only received 3.
I don't think I ordered from e-bay, but it was an online shop in the US.
Interesting. PZ bean counters maybe? Either way, PZ call pkzu2253 a 'Servo Cover SET' the word 'set' indicates completeness.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:12 AM
DangerDave is offline
Find More Posts by DangerDave
Registered User

GWS 4040 rocks


Deleted
Last edited by DangerDave; Jan 31, 2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:27 AM
everydayflyer is offline
Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Well as I posted a few post back
Quote:
I have flown flying wings and deltas since the mid seventies when mechanical mixers were required . I almost wet my pants with excitement and joy when electric mixers become available and I seem to remember shouting something like No F.....Way when elevon mixing was added to the transmitter
and somehow I just do not understand some folks negative reactions to the Stryker180. Granted wings and delta are not for everyone but even box stock it lauches and flys great and with a better prop(s) and LiPolys it really performs.

OK so I am only at 1,400 feet above sea level and yes it is cool here and I fully realize that in 90 F plus temperatures and or higher elevations performance would be down some.

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Jan 22, 2012 at 07:20 AM.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 03:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 06:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 12:02 PM