New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:53 AM
Kenn2ns is offline
Find More Posts by Kenn2ns
Registered User
Kenn2ns's Avatar

Hop-Ups


Has anyone experimented with trying to squeeze more speed out it their UM Stryker?

I wanna go fast...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:03 AM
SBOTI74 is offline
Find More Posts by SBOTI74
I fly em', there for I am.
SBOTI74's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenn2ns View Post
Has anyone experimented with trying to squeeze more speed out it their UM Stryker?

I wanna go fast...
Hell ya. Babbel Batteries and a 4040 prop is the ticket
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:20 AM
Kenn2ns is offline
Find More Posts by Kenn2ns
Registered User
Kenn2ns's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOTI74 View Post
Hell ya. Babbel Batteries and a 4040 prop is the ticket

I see that he posts on here regularly. Is there a website to order from? I see he also sells the 1S Batts for UMs. My mustang could use a little boost as well!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:27 PM
SilentPilot is online now
Find More Posts by SilentPilot
BMFA 190658
SilentPilot's Avatar
Give him a PM!

He's sorting me out and I'm in your 51st State
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Spitfire mk1a
Old Oct 20, 2011, 05:43 PM
TeeJayBee is offline
Find More Posts by TeeJayBee
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
don`t know if this is a Saftey thing or if it was a "Fluke"
No fluke, it's in the promo stuff that it has a cut off feature to protect the esc and motor if the prop gets jammed
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:08 PM
sarmstrong is offline
Find More Posts by sarmstrong
Registered User
Gday again guys,

Finally got to maiden the F27 this morning, what a thrill! This is the first of this type of plane I have flown (previously a few other parkzone 4 channel UM's and some other cheap foamies) and I must say it had my heart racing!

I used parkzones recommended launch method and failed the first time, but I think I was just too eager to get the power on. The 5 or six subsequent launches worked well. I found (for me anyway) that a good solid toss into a slight up angle gives you plenty of glide time to slowly wind up the power and get the wings level.

Anyhow as a newby to this sort of flying I dont have much to offer what is an awsome thread but I have just gotten home and am still so excited I had to share! Better go charge my batts and get ready for some more!!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:04 PM
RealGambler is offline
Find More Posts by RealGambler
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmstrong View Post
Gday again guys,

Finally got to maiden the F27 this morning, what a thrill! This is the first of this type of plane I have flown (previously a few other parkzone 4 channel UM's and some other cheap foamies) and I must say it had my heart racing!

I used parkzones recommended launch method and failed the first time, but I think I was just too eager to get the power on. The 5 or six subsequent launches worked well. I found (for me anyway) that a good solid toss into a slight up angle gives you plenty of glide time to slowly wind up the power and get the wings level.

Anyhow as a newby to this sort of flying I dont have much to offer what is an awsome thread but I have just gotten home and am still so excited I had to share! Better go charge my batts and get ready for some more!!
Welcome aboard! But change this: "Better go charge my batts and get ready for some more!!" to "Better go buy more batts and get ready for some longer flying session!!" (or start charging in the field!). This airplane is addictive!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:43 PM
sarmstrong is offline
Find More Posts by sarmstrong
Registered User
Cheers Gambler. Yeah I had two fresh stock packs at the park which weren't enough! I'll have to get some more I reckon! LOVE this plane!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 02:44 PM
kushal_22 is offline
Find More Posts by kushal_22
Registered User
kushal_22's Avatar
Make sure to get the Hyperion Batts i know i`m ordering a wack of them
ASAP

MAl
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:40 PM
ChuckTseeker is online now
Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Make sure to get the Hyperion Batts i know i`m ordering a wack of them
ASAP

MAl
the Miniaviation 210mAh 2s batts are just as good as the hyps and you get 2 delivered for $30 Plus! they have the right plugs fitted

cheers chuck

http://miniaviation.com/index.html
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:43 PM
Hance is offline
Find More Posts by Hance
Expo is built into my thumbs
Hance's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Geez I "Miss Launched Only once because i got Careless and the prop actually STOPPED. I had to throttle down and then it re-armed don`t know if this is a Saftey thing or if it was a "Fluke" throttle this baby up and give it a good chuck with a good follow through. with a Plane like this I don`t mind if i get a Nip every 1000th throw
I just built a bungee launcher for the the Demon its not so scary now. Its not that I am worried about getting bit by the prop I was scared of smacking the ground with it twenty feet out of my hand which happened more than once. There is no air up here in Idaho.

Ritewing Demon Bungee (1 min 3 sec)




On topic the 4X4 props work great on the UM Stryker. I was ready to sell mine after the first flight with the stock prop. I was extremely disappointed in the performance of it. With the 4x4 its a totally different plane. Flies great.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:26 PM
airpower is offline
Find More Posts by airpower
Have fun
airpower's Avatar
Having trouble mounting the motor, anything better than a really small screwdriver?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:41 PM
kushal_22 is offline
Find More Posts by kushal_22
Registered User
kushal_22's Avatar
Got small prob I never noticed this Before but both my Rudders are opposite of each other so they 'Open" and Close" instead of doing right and Left.

Better explanation If the left rudder goes Left the right goes right and Vice Versa. How do i correct this?
I am using a DX6I and V-Tail is INH

Mal
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:50 PM
ChuckTseeker is online now
Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Registered User
ChuckTseeker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Got small prob I never noticed this Before but both my Rudders are opposite of each other so they 'Open" and Close" instead of doing right and Left.

Better explanation If the left rudder goes Left the right goes right and Vice Versa. How do i correct this?
I am using a DX6I and V-Tail is INH

Mal
i think you need elevons selected

cheers chuck
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:42 PM
SBOTI74 is offline
Find More Posts by SBOTI74
I fly em', there for I am.
SBOTI74's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
I just built a bungee launcher for the the Demon its not so scary now. Its not that I am worried about getting bit by the prop I was scared of smacking the ground with it twenty feet out of my hand which happened more than once. There is no air up here in Idaho.

On topic the 4X4 props work great on the UM Stryker. I was ready to sell mine after the first flight with the stock prop. I was extremely disappointed in the performance of it. With the 4x4 its a totally different plane. Flies great.
Um Hance, is that your back yard!!! How much for a room to rent?? Damn that's a beautiful back yard man. You are luck!!!


Oh, thanks for posting the vid.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Parkzone F 27Q stryker friz Electric Plane Talk 181 Nov 04, 2011 03:54 PM
Video Parkzone Stryker F-27Q updated 23/07/2011 Anda Inc. Electric Plane Talk 3 Jul 23, 2011 06:26 AM
For Sale Latest PNP F-27Q Stryker (NIB) Kansas City Area $180 rcwarrior Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jun 22, 2011 12:02 PM