Jul 28, 2011, 12:16 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

MultiWii - Using radio trim in ACC mode

Hi guys. I have flown about everything RC at some point, and recently decided to get into the Multi's. I started out with a 330X, and just aquired a used myrcbuild tricopter. I have been flying it quite a bit, and getting used to the MultiWii GUI.
I understand setting the trim with the TX in gyro mode, the the ACC trim using the MuitiWii trim method. My problem is that ACC doesnt stay consistent. Everytime I plug in a new battery, I have to tweek the ACC trim.
So I got to thinking about setting a new condition on the transmitter (Futaba 9Z) just for ACC mode. When I flip the switch for ACC, the new condition kicks in as well. That way I would have a unique TX trim in ACC mode, and one in Gyro mode. Its just a pain to set the ACC mode now because you have to land, shut the motors down, and do the stick gymnastics.
Any thoughts on this? Will the ACC respond to radio trim, or just override them?
By the way, the myrcbuild tri is a quality piece, and Luis has been very helpful even though I bought it used.

Thanks,
Todd
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply