New GiantBipe Design from SlowBipe - Page 2 - RC Groups
Dec 29, 2011, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
I want one... what's up with the progress?
NCRealEstateGuy,

I have been pretty busy mainstreaming our 24" SlowBipe right now. In January we expect to introduce a version of the SlowBipe called the StuntBipe. Look for February for me to get back and finish up the GiantBipe project.

It will be a amazing, and I can't wait to work on it.

Thanks for asking!

SlowBipe
to remove ads between posts
Dec 29, 2011, 07:38 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
OK, I suppose that gives me time to sell a house or two and stash away enough $$$ until then.
Why not until, then at least give us junkies another video to enjoy?
Dec 30, 2011, 11:26 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBipe
NCRealEstateGuy,

I have been pretty busy mainstreaming our 24" SlowBipe right now. In January we expect to introduce a version of the SlowBipe called the StuntBipe. Look for February for me to get back and finish up the GiantBipe project.

It will be a amazing, and I can't wait to work on it.

Thanks for asking!

SlowBipe
That sounds very interesting. Waiting and watching for both.

Frank
Dec 30, 2011, 01:05 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
Hey, Slowbipe, Did you hookup with HeadsUpRc? Do I order from them or you. I can not wait to buy the GiantBipe. Dave..
Dec 30, 2011, 03:50 PM
I did a search on HeadsUp for the slowBipe and nothing comes up...
Dec 30, 2011, 03:54 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
Quote:
I did a search on HeadsUp for the slowBipe and nothing comes up...
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...eceiver/Detail
Apr 17, 2012, 04:45 PM
Custom User Title
still any news?
Apr 18, 2012, 07:12 PM
We would like to know...
Apr 19, 2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
We would like to know...
Hey everyone! I wish I could say that the plane was moving along. I managed to get the fuselage drawn and cut out. It went together quickly, but still has a lot of design issues.

I then got sidetracked with job, family and SlowBipe's.

At the moment, I don't know how soon I will get back onto the project. The original GiantBipe is dead. It was turned into scrap a while ago. The next one will be so much better. As soon as I can get one flying there will be more video. I am hoping to make the next one a StuntBipe. It will be 4 channel, and I hope sturdy enough to roll and loop.

The half built one in my garage is even bigger than the original was at 80". That one had an 80" span with 25 square feet of wing area. The half built one in my garage has a 86" span and has 31 square feet of wing.

I appreciate the interest. It helps motivate me to get the job done.

Thanks, SlowBipe
Apr 21, 2012, 09:05 AM
Hey Slow!
Is the StuntBipe a big plane? Or small like the SlowBipe? I could go for a large 4 channel StuntBipe. Keep us posted.
Apr 22, 2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Hey Slow!
Is the StuntBipe a big plane? Or small like the SlowBipe? I could go for a large 4 channel StuntBipe. Keep us posted.
The StuntBipe that we are currently selling and which is out of stock at HeadsUpRC.com is a 24" wingspan. It is still pretty big for a 24" plane as it's a biplane and has a large wing chord.

This GiantBipe plane that I am building with this thread is going to be a StuntBipe design. Essentially a Giant StuntBipe. Haven't had time to work on this for a while.

SlowBipe
Aug 07, 2012, 12:39 AM
I haven't gotten back to the Giant for a while, but check out the new build thread on our new SlowSpit. It's a Spitfire design that looks good, flies great and can take a beating.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3#post22376265

SlowBipe
Nov 11, 2012, 04:13 AM

A Little more progress

Hi!

I have made a little more progress on this plane. It's really getting exciting now. This is much more difficult than you might think. Total length is about 10 feet prop to end of rudder.

All of the parts for the fuselage are now cut out, included the tail block's which hold the carbon rods for the rudder and elevons to pivot on. I still need to cut out a firewall and glue it all together. It goes together like a 3 dimensional puzzle.

This one is going to be a 4 channel plane, and we will have to see if everything turns out stiff and powerful enough to roll and loop. The original GiantBipe could not do it, but I think this one will. I expect about 10 lbs ready to fly. Wing area is 29 sq feet. Thats about 31% bigger than the 12 foot telemaster, but weighs 1/3 as much.

it is going to be able to break down into pieces easily with the largest piece being 4 feet long. Should fit in the trunk of many cars.

I attached some pictures. The rudder was the first attempt, and it got jammed up in the router a bit. I'll have to try again with what I learned. The honeycomb structure will be skinned with 3mm grey depron to make a 40" long rudder that is flat and rigid and still weigh's less than 8 oz.

The elevons will be built the same way, but each one is little bit smaller.

I put all of the electronics in to test out balance. Looks like I might be fighting a bit of tail heavy state. I will figure out a way to solve.

Enjoy the pictures.

SlowBipe
Nov 11, 2012, 07:01 AM
I just love the aesthetics... count me in as long as it is priced reasonably.
If you ever need a test pilot...
Nov 11, 2012, 07:10 AM
KJ4YNM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowBipe

I put all of the electronics in to test out balance. Looks like I might be fighting a bit of tail heavy state. I will figure out a way to solve.

Enjoy the pictures.

SlowBipe
Simple. Tim the Toolman could answer that one. More power! Put a bigger motor in her.

Photos look great. Can't wait to see her fly. And really curious what the price point will be.

--
Tom