Sep 04, 2003, 09:06 AM
Thread OP

3-D maneuvers for tantrum

the tantrum is my first 3-d airplane and i'm looking for some information on learning some new maneuvers. i'm ready to expand the envelope. all tips and tricks are welcome.
gregg
to remove ads between posts
Sep 04, 2003, 09:41 AM
Forgot how to fly
gregg,
Gary Wright did a nice little write up on a few moves for the E3D. I took his instructions and within a day, I had nailed them. You can download the instructions here
Sep 04, 2003, 11:28 PM
Relearning how to crash.....
Waterfall is one of the coolest moves it will do.

You do however need to couple flaps to elevator.

Look in the aerobatics forum for links on what this looks like.

Oh here is the link

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/articles/1022.asp?pg=5
Sep 05, 2003, 02:51 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
I have found.. one of the coolest ways to do some really neat "things" with a plane.. is to get the plane straight and level.. with an orientation to which you know where the plane is going and just start cross controlling the plane... left rudder- right aileron and down.. or right rudder left ail and up.. just all kinds of stuff like that.. lots of fun.
Sep 05, 2003, 12:11 PM
Thread OP
thanks guys!
Sep 05, 2003, 03:19 PM

Standar, basic radio...

... I am going to be using my Futaba 4 Skysport radio (basic, 4 channel - no mixing/rates) with my Tantrum...

...is there anyone out there who is also using a "basic" radio with theirs? I am concerned that this plane will be too much of a handful without programming the rates and want to know how much throw you have.
Sep 05, 2003, 03:48 PM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Hitec 4 channel. Followed recommended minimums for first flight. It was right on the money. Have been flying for about 3 month I guess. Full throws are a blast, but a little nerve racking for me. I went back to between full and beginning and it is easier to keep up with. I have 300c D 12X6 8cell Kan950's. Mine is a little heavy at about 18 oz auw. I cannot hover yet, but I think that is more me than the plane and I know I built it a little heavy. It lands nicely, but I prefer flying it in rather that stalling it in. If you try to rog on grass, you have to hold the elevator up till it breaks ground. It is tricky to land on grass with landing gear. You will probably flip every time.

At full throws (as listed) the rolls are remarkably fast. A little too fast for my vision and dexterity.

Great plane. It fly so slow you will have no problems and you have enough power to get out of trouble. You do have great control right to touchdown and the rudder is very functional at slow speeds.

Peace,
LcJ

Quick Reply