Thread Tools
Feb 07, 2013, 07:18 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
Yes yours is a older one. I have a few of the 45amp versions. They work great, but Your going to want a seperate bec. On 5v, most servos will blowback due to the extra large control surfaces. I prefer a castle CC 10amp bec.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2013, 10:46 AM
Team Extreme Flight
Doc Austin's Avatar
Ducati has it right.
Feb 07, 2013, 10:58 AM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael
I rebuilt my Extra this winter and remaidened her yesterday.

I got too confident with it last year at the end of the summer, doing dbl waterfalls about 15-20 feet off the ground and smacked it good. I had to repair the fuse, rebuild the motor box (replacing the cowl and prop), replacing one of the wings and the canopy.

When I remaidened her, she was one click on the radio and flew like nothing had happened.

I flew it with another good 3D brand yesterday, but forgot just how great this airframe flys! Lovin it, thank you Extreme Flight!
That repair is about as good as it gets.

I want a red one but I'd feel like I'm cheating.
Feb 09, 2013, 11:45 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
dth7's Avatar
Hey guys, I'm being a little lazy here as I know this info is in the long thread. I'm getting serious abut building out my 60 Extra now that the bench has a line with a 78 extra, a 48" MXS that needs an Rx and a glider that needs a setup. So, with Torque motor and new stock ESC, planning on running 6S 3300s. What's the best prop? Looing to do Precision, freestyle, 3D and IMAC.
Thanks
Feb 10, 2013, 12:00 AM
bryansifsof44's Avatar
I'm gonna sart my build very soon and hopefully maiden next weekend. I was wondering what spacers you guys running the 4315 were using... I was using 1/4" on the edge. I guess it would be the same right?
Feb 10, 2013, 03:27 AM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7
Hey guys, I'm being a little lazy here as I know this info is in the long thread. I'm getting serious abut building out my 60 Extra now that the bench has a line with a 78 extra, a 48" MXS that needs an Rx and a glider that needs a setup. So, with Torque motor and new stock ESC, planning on running 6S 3300s. What's the best prop? Looing to do Precision, freestyle, 3D and IMAC.
Thanks
15x7 Xoar PJN is what you are going to want to go with.

Aeronaut Carbon CAM 15x7 if you don't mind a little more weight and a lot more stability and locked in performance. It isn't relative...Xoar props have nothing on these as long as your power setup can handle a little extra rotational weight.

Xoar might spool up faster but that doesn't mean a thing when this prop is pushing 1/3 more air.
Feb 10, 2013, 08:41 AM
2.3 D Hack Bradenton FL
frankjp's Avatar
Bryan ,, Yes both frames are the same. Cowl overlap is the same with 1/4" spacers.
Feb 10, 2013, 09:48 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d
15x7 Xoar PJN is what you are going to want to go with.

Aeronaut Carbon CAM 15x7 if you don't mind a little more weight and a lot more stability and locked in performance. It isn't relative...Xoar props have nothing on these as long as your power setup can handle a little extra rotational weight.

Xoar might spool up faster but that doesn't mean a thing when this prop is pushing 1/3 more air.
Why not 15x8?
Feb 10, 2013, 09:51 AM
bryansifsof44's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankjp
Bryan ,, Yes both frames are the same. Cowl overlap is the same with 1/4" spacers.
thanks Frank
Feb 10, 2013, 12:02 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
dth7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d
15x7 Xoar PJN is what you are going to want to go with.

Aeronaut Carbon CAM 15x7 if you don't mind a little more weight and a lot more stability and locked in performance. It isn't relative...Xoar props have nothing on these as long as your power setup can handle a little extra rotational weight.

Xoar might spool up faster but that doesn't mean a thing when this prop is pushing 1/3 more air.
Thanks. I have a few different 15x7 to try.
Feb 10, 2013, 12:05 PM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts
Why not 15x8?
Ooops....I meant 15x6.

It is what is recommended on a 6s setup. Hope that didn't cause any issues.
Feb 10, 2013, 12:33 PM
bryansifsof44's Avatar
With the V2 Torque guys were running 16x8 on 6s and should handle 15x8 no sweet. If its a v1 then I think your restricted to the smaller pitch too.
Feb 10, 2013, 01:00 PM
aka ECAA3D
m0dest's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44
With the V2 Torque guys were running 16x8 on 6s and should handle 15x8 no sweet. If its a v1 then I think your restricted to the smaller pitch too.
Go for it....I'm thinking old V1, everyone else running the v2 around here is still using the 15x6. I don't know why.

I use 16x8 Carbon Cam on 5s Hacker setup. I wouldn't trade it.
Feb 10, 2013, 01:23 PM
bryansifsof44's Avatar
I use the 4315-480 with a 16x8 on 6s and wouldn't have it any other way.
Feb 10, 2013, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d
Go for it....I'm thinking old V1, everyone else running the v2 around here is still using the 15x6. I don't know why.

I use 16x8 Carbon Cam on 5s Hacker setup. I wouldn't trade it.
as far as i know, 15x8 for v1 torque would be the same as 16x8 for v2 (in terms of can my motor take that propeller...)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 EXP - build/fly/video hercdriver7777 3D Flying 2644 May 14, 2017 12:22 PM
Build Log Extreme Flight 60" Edge 540T EXP - Build/Fly/Video FlopGun 3D Flying 249 Apr 16, 2012 10:46 AM
Help! D-60 build thread Chronic DS'er Dynamic Soaring 3 Jun 23, 2011 10:04 PM
Sold Extreme Flight 58" Extra Ready To Fly (GA) traderdave2 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Apr 26, 2011 05:33 PM
Video EXTREME FLIGHT RC EXTRA 300EXP in Action! EXTREME FLIGHT Electric Plane Talk 1 Jun 10, 2009 08:45 PM