New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:40 PM
JC Spohr is offline
Find More Posts by JC Spohr
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
That is what I have in my Edge.. I like them...
I assume you mean you are using the A5040.

Can you answer CRFan1's question on the spline? Will the Dubro Futaba arms work?

JC
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:55 PM
powerlines is offline
Find More Posts by powerlines
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
powerlines's Avatar
yep..
the arms I got was the hyperion for JR.. Hodges Hobbies has them cheap and I have used them in a few planes now.. I like them.. Tight fit!!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 03:16 PM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Thanks...and JC, those A540's show in stock but put 4 in the cart and they are on back order, hehe
Old Sep 13, 2011, 03:23 PM
JC Spohr is offline
Find More Posts by JC Spohr
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Thanks...and JC, those A540's show in stock but put 4 in the cart and they are on back order, hehe
I hate when that happens!

I ran a large ecommerce site a few years back and one of things we did have was real-time inventory availability. Anything less is a poor customer experience.

JC
Old Sep 13, 2011, 03:29 PM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
I hate when that happens!

I ran a large ecommerce site a few years back and one of things we did have was real-time inventory availability. Anything less is a poor customer experience.

JC
the Hitecs are looking better...plus I can get them at my LHS along with the Dubro arms. Gonna wait until I get the plane and see what's in stock at that point, I guess. Probably going to go with G-Force 6s 4000 40C's as well.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 03:40 PM
JC Spohr is offline
Find More Posts by JC Spohr
3D Hack
JC Spohr's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Probably going to go with G-Force 6s 4000 40C's as well.
Hitec's for me...

I'm thinking the 4000 40C are "heavy". I'm leaning toward 3300's in the 20C-30C range.

Any opinions on 4000's effect on flight out there?

JC
Old Sep 13, 2011, 03:54 PM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Hitec's for me...

I'm thinking the 4000 40C are "heavy". I'm leaning toward 3300's in the 20C-30C range.

Any opinions on 4000's effect on flight out there?

JC

That's why I asked earlier...would be curious to know. Cause otherwise I will stay with a 3300 or 4000 30C....looking for 7-8 minute flight times minimum
Old Sep 13, 2011, 05:40 PM
_OZ_ is offline
Find More Posts by _OZ_
It's gone...
_OZ_'s Avatar
http://www.servodatabase.com/compare...61&sort=torque

They didnt have the Spektrum A5040 listed though :-(
Old Sep 13, 2011, 05:41 PM
powerlines is offline
Find More Posts by powerlines
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
powerlines's Avatar
I can get 9 easy with my 3300 and Motrolfly 4315 Flew for 11 the other day.. and still had 10% in pack acording to my batt checker..
Old Sep 13, 2011, 06:04 PM
Tom K. is offline
Find More Posts by Tom K.
Facts, Logic, 3D
Tom K.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerlines View Post
I can get 9 easy with my 3300 and Motrolfly 4315 Flew for 11 the other day.. and still had 10% in pack acording to my batt checker..
How many volts per cell is 10%?

--Tom K.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 06:18 PM
GetSome! is offline
Find More Posts by GetSome!
Registered User
GetSome!'s Avatar
fly my 3300 for 8 min and put ~2800mah back in
Old Sep 13, 2011, 06:46 PM
Ducati Mechanic is offline
Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonso View Post
fly my 3300 for 8 min and put ~2800mah back in
I like to leave a bit more in the packs..

3600mah 30-40c I fly for 7min, and replace 2400-2600mah..
Old Sep 13, 2011, 06:52 PM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
I like to leave a bit more in the packs..

3600mah 30-40c I fly for 7min, and replace 2400-2600mah..
Thanks....If given the choice, would you do 4000 30C (637 grams) or 4000 40C (670 grams)...or none of the above?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:01 PM
Ducati Mechanic is offline
Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Some.. call him Tim...
Ducati Mechanic's Avatar
Well... Mine are 30 to 40c burst, 6s 3600mah packs.. and perform incredibly at 570g! Do you have those packs already?

I think I would go with 30c, on 15x7 xoar.. That's what I'm running, and it's crazy!
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:03 PM
CRFan1 is offline
Find More Posts by CRFan1
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro View Post
Well... Mine are 30 to 40c burst, 6s 3600mah packs.. and perform incredibly at 570g! Do you have those packs already?

I think I would go with 30c
No, nothing ordered yet.... But the difference between the 30C and 40C is little over an ounce so that is negligible.

15x7 prop ok on the Torque/airboss combo? EF recommends the 15x6 so i am curious....


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log Extreme Flight 70" Extra 300 EXP - build/fly/video hercdriver7777 3D Flying 2637 Oct 16, 2016 06:20 PM
Build Log Extreme Flight 60" Edge 540T EXP - Build/Fly/Video FlopGun 3D Flying 249 Apr 16, 2012 11:46 AM
Help! D-60 build thread Chronic DS'er Dynamic Soaring 3 Jun 23, 2011 11:04 PM
Sold Extreme Flight 58" Extra Ready To Fly (GA) traderdave2 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Apr 26, 2011 06:33 PM
Video EXTREME FLIGHT RC EXTRA 300EXP in Action! EXTREME FLIGHT Electric Plane Talk 1 Jun 10, 2009 09:45 PM