Aug 08, 2011, 10:56 AM
Thread OP

A Couple of Static Shots

Here's the Static shots from "maiden day". Will post up some in-flight's as soon as we get some.

PAT
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2011, 03:50 PM
Pat,

I can't believe that the finished ship has been posted for more than a few hours and not a large response from everyone. Anyway, congratulations! It, as usual, looks great and I wish you success with it.

Jim
Aug 08, 2011, 07:55 PM
Looks great Pat. Have you considered adding a spray boom from plywood and carbon fiber tube?
You will be selling a kit, won't you?
Aug 08, 2011, 08:57 PM
Beautiful, as usual. 7.3 oz. for a 40" plane. Amazing.
Aug 09, 2011, 08:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV440pilot
Pat,

I can't believe that the finished ship has been posted for more than a few hours and not a large response from everyone. Anyway, congratulations! It, as usual, looks great and I wish you success with it.

Jim
Jim, I'm really not that surprised. For some reason there's just doesn't seem to be much interest in Ag-Planes. I did the larger C*$$#@ Ag Wagon too, and it did not do any where near as well as I had expected it would.

Meanwhile, if anyone is interested in building an Airtractor, ring in, and if there's enough interest I'll work it up.

PAT
Aug 09, 2011, 08:21 AM
Neophyte hacker
Pat,

Sparky has really cool little radial motors. 2 1/2" and 3 1/2" I think.

charlie
Aug 09, 2011, 08:32 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMAN
Looks great Pat. Have you considered adding a spray boom from plywood and carbon fiber tube?
You will be selling a kit, won't you?
IAMAN, Now that I know the model flies well I'll go back and add a few details. After the first Airtractor experience a couple years ago I was really leary about how this one would fly, so didn't go to any great detail on the p-type. But now that I know just how good it does fly, it'll be a terrific platform to play with.

PAT
Aug 09, 2011, 09:46 AM
Neophyte hacker
And I still have two big bags of Splenda sitting around
Aug 09, 2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Tritle
IAMAN, Now that I know the model flies well I'll go back and add a few details. After the first Airtractor experience a couple years ago I was really leary about how this one would fly, so didn't go to any great detail on the p-type. But now that I know just how good it does fly, it'll be a terrific platform to play with.

PAT
Ag planes have a lot of interesting stuff hanging out. With your skills, it will really look good. Does it fly in what appears to be a nose down attitude like the full scale? That made the one I built from Dblum plans hard to fly at first. Flew great once I got used to that sight picture. I would definitely like to purchase a short kit. Perhaps for my birthday!
David
Aug 09, 2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Tritle
Jim, I'm really not that surprised. For some reason there's just doesn't seem to be much interest in Ag-Planes. I did the larger C*$$#@ Ag Wagon too, and it did not do any where near as well as I had expected it would.

Meanwhile, if anyone is interested in building an Airtractor, ring in, and if there's enough interest I'll work it up.

PAT
Count me as very interested -- but not quite ready for another kit just now. I got interested in Ag planes from building a half-scale Agri-Duck a year or so back. It ended up quite heavy and consequently was a pig in the air, but I always loved the way it looked.

Agri-Duck is the low-wing version of the Mud Duck. Full-size on either of these is around 110" wingspan.
Aug 11, 2011, 09:20 PM
Where's those in-flight pics?
Aug 12, 2011, 03:43 PM
Lost my note. Missed Ya on line the last couple of days. What's happening in your tree?

Weather allowing, I will put the maiden flight on my little Airtractor in the morning. If she handles OK, then there is some other (light stuff) detail work that I will add. Mine finished out a little heavier than yours; 9.25 ounces I think, but I went with the 800 mah battery that we first discussed. STILL under a couple of small planes out there that weigh in at 13 ounces and fly on the E-flite 250's.

As soon as I figure how to post them, I will put some pictures up. Thanks again for all that you've done!
Aug 17, 2011, 11:22 AM
bump
Aug 22, 2011, 10:35 AM
Thread OP

In-Flight Shots

Got a break in the weather on Friday and got in a flight for the in-flight pictures. We'll let the pics speak for themselves....

PAT
Aug 22, 2011, 11:01 AM
Looks just like an Air Tractor! When does the short kit become available?

Quick Reply