Jul 21, 2011, 09:21 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Thread OP
Build Log

HK Mig-15 90mm Comp

Starting my build on the HK Mig-15. Im already a litle confused as to how Im suppose to mount two servos in one hole for the elevator. It is only 20mm at the back and 30mm at the front of the servo compartment. If anyone has a link to the ProDesign Mig Manual, It would be greatly appreciated.

The kit looks great. No warping or ripples in the fuse. The wings are covered, but done professionally. It even has the wing fences on.

Not sure why they included a rather large bottom hatch, as there is plently of room to install the edf unit thru the cockpit area.

The biggest concern for most looking to buy this model was...Where do the batteries go Well let me tell you, the cockpit area is actually HUGE.

The interior fuse needs the smallest amount of cleaning up before installing the thrust tube. You need to make your own. To me thats a good thing.

The wing spars are a layed up material that seams stronger than steel.

I using the stock fan. I thought id give it a try. I really just dont want to wait for my Midi to show up. Ill swap it out later. Im running an ARC 36-75-1t with a 120 esc in the thrust tube with a 40v BEC.

So guys! If you can help with the manual..That would be great.
Last edited by vettster; Jul 21, 2011 at 09:29 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2011, 05:43 AM
crash rc plane is my job....
Thanks vettster for opening this 3D. Mine, the red one, arrived 15 days ago. I confirm the good impression about the kit. The elevator servos is a big trouble: i install the servos directly into elevator, not enough space in the rudder for both servos (i have cyclonepower metal, one normal one reverse, fit very well ). I'll use a wemo with 600.37.2 with 6s, the only space for one battery pack is in the cockpit. Do you install retracts?
Jul 22, 2011, 07:10 AM
plane destroyer and builder
Hi, vettster:

You can download the manual from the red version file section page.

I am finishing the build and I have to say that without manual it was a difficult thing to imagine how to set the two servos for the elevators. Finally was one in the cover and the other one just inverted over the first one. They work fine.

Very long and complicated build... It is really an ARF model. I hope it will fly well.

I am going to fly it with a Lander 90 mm 10S EDF, 4.5 kg of thrust. Batteries are too big (2x5000 5S), they fit difficult into the cabin. Finally weight is 3.9 kg.

Hope this help you.
Last edited by skybattle; Jul 22, 2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Adding pictures
Jul 22, 2011, 05:50 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Thread OP
Thanks for the post guys!

Skybattle. That looks like a good idea. I also like the idea of putting them directly into the Horizontal stabs. I ll have to take a closer look and decide on one. That was the only thing holding me back.

Im going to run two 4500 nano packs(8s) as you can see in the pics. They fit perfectly into the fuse.

Thanks

Trevor
Jul 22, 2011, 06:03 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skybattle
Hi, vettster:

You can download the manual from the red version file section page.

could someone do me a favor and post the instuctions here. I cant open with Word and Im not much of a computor guru.

Thanks!
Jul 22, 2011, 08:17 PM
Lets burn
I got one of these too, the red one. Impressions good.
I was also thinking of doing a 8s set up, 3.3kw 4 kg thrust approx.

But also thought that a lighter 6s set up might be benificial.

Watching with intrest to see the weight/performance of the 8s set up.

Im hopeing for grass feild ops, but not holding my breath.

Matt
Jul 22, 2011, 08:39 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Thread OP
I went with the easier and faster way of installing the elevator servos. Only concern is one control arm is closer than the other. Might have to slow one servo down a tad is all, and adjust the throws accordinly. Not to worried about it.

I was prepping the wing hatches when i noticed that this plane has flaps! and is retract ready.. huh! didnt even know I wont be using the gear though. This is strictly a bungee launcher and belly it in on the sod I fly from.

Next is the part I dread most in all my planes...attaching the control horns. MAN! I hate doing that part. So if you dont want to here a bunch of whinning and crying... skip Saturdays update Ill get back to ya Sunday with bleeding fingers

Trev
Jul 23, 2011, 01:03 PM
Fredrik Pousard, Sweden
I've also started to build one of these (the red one). I'm using the stock fan and a Typhoo 600-32 motor on 2 x 3S 5000mAh Lipos. I'm planning som mods to the kit like a little anhedral on the wings, another canopy at a later stage and perhaps dividing the intake to make room for a forward retracting nose gear. We'll see what I decide on in the end.

The plan is to eventually convert it to turbine propulsion (Kolibri T25).

I'll be following this thread with interest.
Jul 23, 2011, 08:56 PM
Just having fun before I die!
Vettster

I saved the manual pages in jpeg form not the best but should help.

Also I just received my Mig-15 today. I have the KMP/Pro version but they look identical. Mine is the silver w/lightning bolt.
Jul 23, 2011, 09:08 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Thread OP
Thanks BadLemon
Jul 23, 2011, 09:50 PM
Here is a post on the KMP/Pro Mig 15 on page 2 in some in flight video. He bungee launches it as well.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1338071
Jul 24, 2011, 01:05 PM
Here is a couple of pic's of my Mig-15.

Looks like that Sabre is trying to get on the Mig's 6 0'clock!
Jul 25, 2011, 08:47 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Thread OP
Good Stuff Badlemon.. Looks like your ready for a maiden. Get some vid!

I didnt touch the Mig all weekend. Had a bigger bird to maiden. All went Awesome!

Tonight I started on the control horns. I counter sunk them and submerged them in 30min epoxy. Later Ill drill out the holes and add the backing plates with the bolts and cut the horns down + snip the wires. The wings are almost finished. I soon start prepping to join the wings to the fuse. Im doing the wings first so that I will have a reference to make sure the Horizontal stabs are aligned with the wings.

Trev
Jul 25, 2011, 09:26 PM
In my humble opinion you ought to upgrade your method of hooking up controls. This is what, a 7 or 8 pound, 150mph+ airplane? Loose the ez connectors and use real clevises.

A properly fitting Z bend is OK on one end but go with a clevis or a ball link on the other end...
Jul 25, 2011, 10:37 PM
MAAC SAVED RC!!
Thread OP
Thanks Chris. I do appriciate your oppinion. You are correct Sir. Ive done it this way many times in the past without issue. But clevises would be better.

Trev

Quick Reply