This thread is privately moderated by Me 262, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 03, 2003, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by Me 262
Trader Rating: 0

Fs - Hob (ejf) F-86

For Sale - NIB House of Balsa/Paul's Flying Stuff/Electric Jet Factory F-86.

EJF is selling this kit for $269.00 + S&H

My price - $225.00 shipped CONUS

waldol@carolina.rr.com
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2003, 03:53 PM
FAA
Find More Posts by FAA
Trader Rating: 8
FAA
Master Model Collector
First there are differences in HOB and Pauls kit from the EJF.

The EJF kit has a foam wing and different fiberglass type fuselage (gray in color and slightly lighter)

The HOB and Pauls has a build up wing out of wood and heavier weave fiberglass than the EJF. Also average price for this kit is $150. (do a check for yourself)

Which one is this ?

Thanks

Nick
Old Sep 03, 2003, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FAA

The EJF kit has a foam wing and different fiberglass type fuselage (gray in color and slightly lighter)

The HOB and Pauls has a build up wing out of wood and heavier weave fiberglass than the EJF. Also average price for this kit is $150. (do a check for yourself)

Which one is this ?

Thanks

Nick
PAULS
Old Sep 03, 2003, 04:50 PM

HOB F-86

Quote:
Originally posted by FAA

Which one is this ?

Thanks

Nick
Nick,

Thanks for the education.

I'm NOT trying to pull the wool and was under the impression that the F-86 was produced by EJF was the same as Paul's/HOB.

Since I'm NOT the authority on these kits, maybe you can give me some pricing references on which your authoritative "average" is based. I don't know where to check.
Old Sep 03, 2003, 05:07 PM
FAA
Find More Posts by FAA
Trader Rating: 8
FAA
Master Model Collector
Run a search in this forum for "f-86", and on rcuniverse in the "Jet for sale" area

Bruff just sold his HOB/Paul's kit for $100 last week.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ighlight=bruff

I picked up one EJF F-86 for $150. I also picked up a HOB off of RCUniverse for $115. I have yet to see one sell for more than $160.

Typically, the version you have, would sell easier on rcuniverse, but the model flies like a dog on a .21 DF. The best nitro engine for this model is an OS .25 DF which is not made anymore. Very few even left for parts.

I am just trying to help you decide here if you want to keep it or maybe try Ebay ???

Good Luck
Old Sep 03, 2003, 06:46 PM
Find More Posts by NCC-1701
Trader Rating: 3
Suspended Account
FAA is right about the differences in the kits. EJF did alot of re-engineering to improve quality and optimize it for electric flight.

I bought one of these new from Paul's Flying Stuff at the 1988 Toledo show for $179. That street price remained pretty much constant until Paul's quit making the kit. That should give you a reference for pricing.

The major differences between the HOB/PFS kit and EJF ere:

HOB/PFS vs EJF

Die cut balsa and ply vs Laser cut wood
Bare glass fuse w/very uneven seam vs Pre-primed glass fuse
Built-up wing vs Foam wing

Rob
Last edited by NCC-1701; Sep 03, 2003 at 06:48 PM.