Thread Tools
Jul 21, 2011, 01:31 PM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Discussion

Background checks for baseball bats?


http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...48/detail.html


DENVER -- Police are trying to identify a gang of men who are beating couples with baseball bats and robbing them in downtown Denver.
Jul 21, 2011, 01:39 PM
AustinTatious
AustinTatious's Avatar
I cant wait to see "Baseball bat robbers shot dead in attempted robbery"

well.... how are the carry laws in Denver, CO. ?
Jul 21, 2011, 01:44 PM
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTatious View Post
I cant wait to see "Baseball bat robbers shot dead in attempted robbery"

well.... how are the carry laws in Denver, CO. ?
And I thought Denver was a peaceful bastion of love and liberalism??

So.......

This raises a good Q....

If someone is about to take a swing at you with a bat, would you shoot them?? Or would you rather take the chance of (hopefully) waking up in the ER with a big KNOT on your head and not have to kill the poor, misguided soul?? I know what I'd do.
Jul 21, 2011, 01:46 PM
GOOD BOY!
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
You would think a gang walking around with baseball bats would be pretty obvious.
Jul 21, 2011, 01:48 PM
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
You would think a gang walking around with baseball bats would be pretty obvious.
Maybe they have sawed off baseball bats. Or they carry mits, balls and wear cleats and jerseys???
Jul 21, 2011, 01:51 PM
Start spreadin' the news.
Park_Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post

DENVER -- Police are trying to identify a gang of men who are beating couples with baseball bats and robbing them in downtown Denver.
Personally, I'd start with the gang of men walking around downtown Denver with baseball bats, but that's just me.
Jul 21, 2011, 01:53 PM
St. Boondock
FL Knifemaker's Avatar
The should have a bats for guns drive.
Jul 21, 2011, 01:58 PM
GOOD BOY!
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Maybe they have sawed off baseball bats. Or they carry mits, balls and wear cleats and jerseys???
A cleaver disguise.
Jul 21, 2011, 02:05 PM
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Wonder if you need a permit to carry a baseball bat concealed?
Jul 21, 2011, 02:17 PM
Start spreadin' the news.
Park_Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Wonder if you need a permit to carry a baseball bat concealed?
It's probably against the law many places.
Jul 21, 2011, 02:24 PM
AustinTatious
AustinTatious's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
And I thought Denver was a peaceful bastion of love and liberalism??

So.......

This raises a good Q....

If someone is about to take a swing at you with a bat, would you shoot them?? Or would you rather take the chance of (hopefully) waking up in the ER with a big KNOT on your head and not have to kill the poor, misguided soul?? I know what I'd do.
In a heartbeat.

I am under no obligation to test the fatality of that action.
Jul 21, 2011, 02:47 PM
Tu ne cede malis
MtnGoat's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
And I thought Denver was a peaceful bastion of love and liberalism??

So.......

This raises a good Q....

If someone is about to take a swing at you with a bat, would you shoot them?? Or would you rather take the chance of (hopefully) waking up in the ER with a big KNOT on your head and not have to kill the poor, misguided soul?? I know what I'd do.
Not even a question. You don't owe an assailant a shot at brain damage concusion or broken bones and the chance you will not be injured so they can steal from you. Fatal lead poisoning is indicated for the assailant. The choice to take that risk is theirs the instant they grab the bat and decide to use it in that manner.
Jul 21, 2011, 02:50 PM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
56S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Wonder if you need a permit to carry a baseball bat concealed?
Is that a baseball bat or are you just excited to see me?
Jul 21, 2011, 02:52 PM
56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
56S's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
And I thought Denver was a peaceful bastion of love and liberalism??

So.......

This raises a good Q....

If someone is about to take a swing at you with a bat, would you shoot them?? Or would you rather take the chance of (hopefully) waking up in the ER with a big KNOT on your head and not have to kill the poor, misguided soul?? I know what I'd do.
Colorado does have some liberal "Make my day" laws. Someone enters your home and you feel threatened, you holler, "Make my day" and blast away!
Jul 21, 2011, 03:03 PM
Alarm Bells Softening!
Big Foot 48's Avatar
A conservative is created when a liberal is hit in the head at 2AM exiting a fine restaurant by hoodlums.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold 4-Site Gear and 4 - 150mah E-flite bats deerfreak Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 5 May 18, 2011 09:48 AM
Discussion Quad Background jewell1 Submarines 5 Apr 15, 2011 02:53 PM
Discussion Bill Seeks to Make Permits and Background Checks Optional Gman2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 56 Feb 03, 2010 08:38 AM
Discussion Baseball bats macboffin UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 21 Sep 05, 2007 12:38 AM
Cuban baseball team banned from MLB's World Baseball Classic Treetop Life, The Universe, and Politics 10 Dec 19, 2005 12:34 PM