Jul 18, 2011, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Discussion

flybar trex 500 to trex 600

Anybody ever try this..For adding more stability change out the flybar on the 500 to a 600 flybar...Makes sence. thinking ill give it a go.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2011, 10:22 PM
I thought about this as well..

And on thinking some more I have just ordered a 600 flybar and paddles. Aaaaaand to make things interesting a 550 flybar and paddles.

Ill let you know how it works out
Jul 19, 2011, 12:04 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Ahhhhhhh even better essex. The 550 flybar...Minds eye view I was thinking the 600 would look just a bit to much much. Good call !!
Jul 19, 2011, 09:10 AM
Umm what just flew off my ship
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn123 View Post
Anybody ever try this..For adding more stability change out the flybar on the 500 to a 600 flybar...Makes sence. thinking ill give it a go.
Or.... You can add weights out next to the flybar paddles for more stability .... Just a Thought
Jul 19, 2011, 09:17 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Ok now i just feel silly..That would add the extra stability Without the extra length hu ? . Or would the extra length play a part ?
Jul 19, 2011, 02:19 PM
Umm what just flew off my ship
I would think it would not..... If longer could more easily strike the boom or something else for that matter. Just a thought
Jul 19, 2011, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Seems like somthing to just tinker with and find out what works well...Think ill go with a 550 flybar. Try that alone...Then add weights and see wher the feel is at. I have no idea who's idea this was but it struck me as a good one. Now watch my heli take a big 0' dump in an oak tree and ill curse the man and his insane thinking !!! ha
Jul 19, 2011, 10:11 PM
good thing you are 8495Kms away from me lol
Jul 19, 2011, 11:31 PM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
lol...I noticed you live in suomi ruovesi...Had to google that,,ha Finland !!! Beautifull country Have you orderd the flybar essex ?
Jul 20, 2011, 08:06 AM
yep... Trex store had them in stock and the parcel is waiting for me at the post office.

Will be maidening my 500 this weekend. Then I can mess with the flybars
Oct 21, 2020, 05:31 PM
Jes guys the 500 with stock flybar is stable enough, why the need lol
Oct 22, 2020, 01:04 PM
Tarot 550/600 & OMPHobby UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryxtc
Jes guys the 500 with stock flybar is stable enough, why the need lol
As the thread is over 9 years old I dont suppose it's really an issue anymore, the heli in question are probably long in the scrap heap and the people in question have not been active here for years. Almost everyone is flybarless now anyway.
Oct 23, 2020, 10:27 AM
rc user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie
As the thread is over 9 years old I dont suppose it's really an issue anymore, the heli in question are probably long in the scrap heap..
my old trex500 is still going strong and flying nice. did go FBL but even with flybar it was a pleasure to fly. can't see the need for a bigger flybar but it would be interesting to tinker with i guess.

wish i had more disposable income to buy current models and support the brands but for now I'll be flying the dinos until spares are NLA.
Oct 23, 2020, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggie
As the thread is over 9 years old I dont suppose it's really an issue anymore, the heli in question are probably long in the scrap heap and the people in question have not been active here for years. Almost everyone is flybarless now anyway.
Yeah its all going flybarless. I love all my little blade helis 130 and especially the 230 they would just not be possible without the flybarless technology.

But when flying them you can still feel that your not 100% completely in control, every now and again it feels like someone else is flying it. Ever played mario kart multiplayer and was looking at the wrong character on the tv thinking it was u wondering what the hells going on is that me?? that kinda feeling.

Im not sure what the bigger helis with the likes of beast X and demon and of course the cheaper vbar gyros in them feel like though.

But it does give me some satisfaction at the field when i pull out my flybar trex 500 or 600 or mini titans and the younger guys learning to fly who can just about hover side in on a flybarless go wow thats flybarred i could never handle that thing.

I think the younger generation coming thru now are being cheated out of learning some very important heli setup and flying skills by jumping into flying with the new 6 axis gyro self levelling bla bla bla helis on the market today.

just my 50 pence worth.

lol
Oct 23, 2020, 08:49 PM
rc user
huh, for me flybar is just as easy to hover compared to FBL. maybe it's my setup.
the part where FBL really helps is big air and circuits, much more precise.
with practice I find my flybar flying gets decent but never good as FBL.

Quick Reply