Sep 20, 2011, 10:39 PM

Drawing a line

Dennis,

Please I hope you don't mind discussing your code and techniques here. I see how you are defining the progression bar (loadbar), are the numbers here ASCII code? I wish to be able to draw a simple line but I am not sure how this is done. I understand how you are loading the buffers, I just don't understand how the image is created.

Code:
unsigned char loadbar[]={29,27,27,27,27,27,27,27,27,28};
Edited: I got it now, those numbers are pointers to a bit map.
Last edited by rimshotcopter; Sep 20, 2011 at 11:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2011, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdous7466
This diy kit is available anywhere yet? I'd like to get one. Anyone can provide? I do not have required stores in here.
I'd search ebay... All parts are readily available, I think.
Sep 21, 2011, 05:22 AM
Hi Guys,

SimpleOSD OPEN in Stocks!!!

Today we finished the production of first 20 units of SimpleOSD OPEN boards.

The Boards looking same with our SimpleOSD XL but have some differences;
- 16Mhz Crystal
- 5V 16Mhz Arduino 328 Pro Mini Boot
- Green Status LED (it is RED on XL version)

I will share the circuit schematic soon.

Product Link:
http://store.flytron.com/osd-headtra...uino-boot.html

Cheers
Melih
Sep 21, 2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelihK
Hi Guys,

- 16Mhz Crystal

Product Link:

Cheers
Melih
Great Melih! I was looking foward for it.
meanwhile, how about the available ports?

Cheers, Enrico.
Sep 21, 2011, 07:59 AM
Hi Enrico,

It's including
- 2x current sensor input (direct analog input)
- 2x voltage input (one from supply battery and another for external battery) divider is 1/11
- 1x serial in/out for GPS or telemetry
- 1x PWM Audio output with capacitor isolation
- 2x standard in-out
- 2x Analog input (RSSI and AN marked)

Voltage regulator handling GPS and OSD for 2-4S batteries.

Cheers
Melih
Sep 21, 2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Hi Enrico,

It's including
- 2x voltage input (one from supply battery and another for external battery) divider is 1/11
- 2x standard in-out

Cheers
Melih
Thank you Melih. I think SimpleOSD OPEN will be a standard like Arduino way.
i'm following close your web site.

Cheers, Enrico.
Sep 21, 2011, 10:03 AM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdous7466
This diy kit is available anywhere yet? I'd like to get one. Anyone can provide? I do not have required stores in here.
No there are not any kits etc. available, but as it can be made with just "standard components", you should be able to get the parts in more or less all electronic-shops (except the Arduino board).

You should be able to get all parts from for example Sparkfun, Ebay etc. A cheap Arduino can be found on dealextreme (linked earlier in this thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter
Dennis,

Please I hope you don't mind discussing your code and techniques here. I see how you are defining the progression bar (loadbar), are the numbers here ASCII code? I wish to be able to draw a simple line but I am not sure how this is done. I understand how you are loading the buffers, I just don't understand how the image is created.

Code:
unsigned char loadbar[]={29,27,27,27,27,27,27,27,27,28};
Edited: I got it now, those numbers are pointers to a bit map.
You are more than welcome to ask about and discuss the code. I'm not exactly a software engineer, so I'm sure quite a few things could have been done smarter

Quote:
Hi Guys,

- 16Mhz Crystal

Product Link:

Cheers
Melih
What can I say, sweet
Sep 21, 2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie

You are more than welcome to ask about and discuss the code. I'm not exactly a software engineer, so I'm sure quite a few things could have been done smarter

Well, you are doing one heck of a job there Dennis, very Inspiring as well.
Sep 21, 2011, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Hi Enrico,

It's including
- 2x standard in-out

Cheers
Melih
I've been looking for an OSD which we could use together with a Quad based on flyduino or similar arduino boards. Since most quads already have GPS/IMUs it would be very cool if we could just feed the data from the quad board to be displayed on the OSD, rather than having to rely on a second GPS etc attached to the OSD.

The Flyduino has a few serial ports which can be used for this. I was going to try and get a MAX7456 chip hooked up to it via a Serial -> Arduino Nano -> SPI, since the MAX chip require SPI - and the flyduino board currently doesn't expose those pins. However, if the OPEN board can be used with a serial in I might just go down that route instead and try to make some OSD code for the MegaPirate quad software.

Thomas
Sep 21, 2011, 03:16 PM
Look Sideways at Polarisation
Quote:
Originally Posted by thnilsen
The Flyduino has a few serial ports which can be used for this. I was going to try and get a MAX7456 chip hooked up to it via a Serial -> Arduino Nano -> SPI, since the MAX chip require SPI - and the flyduino board currently doesn't expose those pins. However, if the OPEN board can be used with a serial in I might just go down that route instead and try to make some OSD code for the MegaPirate quad software.

Thomas
And you could incorporate some code for one of these for real time HFC (Height From Crash :P) http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8959
Sep 21, 2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Diver
And you could incorporate some code for one of these for real time HFC (Height From Crash :P) http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8959
MegaPirate/Multiwii already support a few ultrasonic range finders - "HFC" - sensors so it shouldn't be difficult to get the data relayed to the OSD. Although these sensors doesn't help much once you're more than a few meters above ground.

- Thomas
Sep 21, 2011, 03:38 PM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
I've been looking for an OSD which we could use together with a Quad based on flyduino or similar arduino boards. Since most quads already have GPS/IMUs it would be very cool if we could just feed the data from the quad board to be displayed on the OSD, rather than having to rely on a second GPS etc attached to the OSD.

Thomas
It should be pretty easy to send the necessary info over serial and just change the serial-reading on the DIY OSD to accept a single string containing all the necessary info from flyduino or whatever
Sep 21, 2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie
It should be pretty easy to send the necessary info over serial and just change the serial-reading on the DIY OSD to accept a single string containing all the necessary info from flyduino or whatever
I have placed an order for the SimpleOSD OPEN to have a a play with. Hopefully we can make something useful out of it for the Megapirate code.

- Thomas
Sep 21, 2011, 06:12 PM
Look Sideways at Polarisation
Quote:
Although these sensors doesn't help much once you're more than a few meters above ground.

- Thomas
True enough Thomas, although personally I wouldn't be so much bothered about how far away from the ground I was in FPV mode, more how close I was to crashing, lol.
Sep 21, 2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Diver
True enough Thomas, although personally I wouldn't be so much bothered about how far away from the ground I was in FPV mode, more how close I was to crashing, lol.
Makes me think about the old Lunar Landing game.

Quick Reply