Oct 12, 2011, 07:39 PM
Just another user
Thread OP
A little update to fix minor cosmetic things
  • Arrows updated a bit
  • The word "max" was bugged in summary - now fixed
  • Menu and start-up screen fixed a bit (only look)
  • A little more free space available.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2011, 09:35 PM

Lm1881n

Hey Dennis,

Please I hope that you can help me here, I just received five of the LM1881N for experimenting around with however, I am not sure just how to integrate this chip into the existing design. Please, can you make a simple drawing showing how to connect this device? It surely would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Oct 14, 2011, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
Hey Dennis,

Please I hope that you can help me here, I just received five of the LM1881N for experimenting around with however, I am not sure just how to integrate this chip into the existing design. Please, can you make a simple drawing showing how to connect this device? It surely would be appreciated.

Thank you.

HI rimshotcopter, you may try like this way.
Gtz, Enrico.
Oct 14, 2011, 05:33 AM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Hey Dennis,

Thank you.

I wouldn't mind, but Melih have already done it
When you use LM1881 All you need is an Arduino/Atmega328 - no need for extra components as shown in my schematic. But you have to solder the LM1881 in place

http://www.flytron.com/pdf/SimpleOSD_OPEN.pdf
Oct 14, 2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaeta View Post
HI rimshotcopter, you may try like this way.
Gtz, Enrico.
thank you, that is one great looking board, are there any available for sell?
Oct 14, 2011, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
I wouldn't mind, but Melih have already done it
When you use LM1881 All you need is an Arduino/Atmega328 - no need for extra components as shown in my schematic. But you have to solder the LM1881 in place

http://www.flytron.com/pdf/SimpleOSD_OPEN.pdf
Thank you Dennis, just what the doctor ordered.
Oct 14, 2011, 06:53 AM
I was searching about last night and came upon this thread. Looks very interesting and would like to share it here.

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/...m=1272593798/0
Oct 14, 2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
thank you, that is one great looking board, are there any available for sell?
Hi rimshotcopter, this is part of an open project called zioArduinoOSD and isn't a commercial one. So if you want it, then you have to build it by yourself. You need only easy soldering skill or to know somebody that will do the job for you .
Now the best and fast way to get good results is to buy @flytron a SimpleOSD Open card.

Cheers, Enrico.
Oct 14, 2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Hi rimshotcopter, this is part of an open project called zioArduinoOSD and isn't a commercial one. So if you want it, then you have to build it by yourself. You need only easy soldering skill or to know somebody that will do the job for you .
Now the best and fast way to get good results is to buy @flytron a SimpleOSD Open card.

Cheers, Enrico.
Thank you, I am no stringer to the soldering iron and actually love doing it. I was hoping the circuit board was available for sale. However, I have been wanting to build my own circuit boards and maybe now it is time to venture into that realm.
Oct 15, 2011, 06:55 AM
Quote:
A little update to fix minor cosmetic things
  • Arrows updated a bit
  • The word "max" was bugged in summary - now fixed
  • Menu and start-up screen fixed a bit (only look)
  • A little more free space available.
I'm not having any luck burning this (or 0.15) to my arduino uno

Binary sketch size: 29278 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Seems it's lying to me about the max sketch size? If I chop out characters until its down around 28500 it burns ok. Is this normal or do I have a dud arduino?

Thanks,
Dave

EDIT: Turns out it was a bootloader bug on my arduino, I fixed it with these instructions:
http://www.adafruit.com/forums/viewt...p?f=25&t=19260
Last edited by davico; Oct 15, 2011 at 07:19 PM.
Oct 16, 2011, 05:40 PM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davico View Post
I'm not having any luck burning this (or 0.15) to my arduino uno

Binary sketch size: 29278 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

Seems it's lying to me about the max sketch size? If I chop out characters until its down around 28500 it burns ok. Is this normal or do I have a dud arduino?

Thanks,
Dave

EDIT: Turns out it was a bootloader bug on my arduino, I fixed it with these instructions:
http://www.adafruit.com/forums/viewt...p?f=25&t=19260
Sorry about the late reply, I haven't been home

I'm glad to hear you fixed the problem. Can i ask what Arduino you use (Just wondering since it's an Uno).

I have considered to re-write the entire text-engine (the ways characters are printed on screen) to minimize the sketch-size and make it (a lot) easier to read and edit (by using a simple for-loop). But it's not anything that's gonna be done right away as everything seems to work and I have a few other projects to use time on
Oct 17, 2011, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Sorry about the late reply, I haven't been home

I'm glad to hear you fixed the problem. Can i ask what Arduino you use (Just wondering since it's an Uno).

I have considered to re-write the entire text-engine (the ways characters are printed on screen) to minimize the sketch-size and make it (a lot) easier to read and edit (by using a simple for-loop). But it's not anything that's gonna be done right away as everything seems to work and I have a few other projects to use time on
Hi Dennis, feel yourself free to take a look @ zioArduinoOSD which is stored in Goole repository:

http://code.google.com/p/zioarduinoosd/downloads/list

Cheers, Enrico.
Oct 17, 2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Hi Dennis, feel yourself free to take a look @ zioArduinoOSD which is stored in Goole repository:

http://code.google.com/p/zioarduinoosd/downloads/list

Cheers, Enrico.

Enrico, I noticed the usage of KiCAD, I would assume that I can send these files to a PCB manufacture and they can make this board for me? If true, can you suggest a company please?

Thank you.
Oct 18, 2011, 07:54 AM
HOL
HOL
@ Dennis:

Så er der hul igennem med første "fuglerede version".
Oct 18, 2011, 09:36 AM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOL View Post
@ Dennis:

Så er der hul igennem med første "fuglerede version".
Det ser da godt ud
Jeg var slet ikke klar over du var gået i kast med projektet - lækkert.

Du må sige til hvis der er noget du har problemer med - eller nogle funktioner du savner.

Quick Reply