Just another user
Thread OP
Just did a quick test...

Lots of weird lines on the screen
OSD test (0 min 14 sec)

Not perfect yet, but getting there.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2012, 09:57 AM
Dennis, you just LOVE toying with people's desires. Ha!!! Great Job and something that is vitally needed.
Nov 18, 2012, 10:06 AM
Just another user
Thread OP
Well, a friend mentioned it would be nice when flying through clouds
Just need to test if an accelerometer is good enough.
Nov 18, 2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Frie View Post
Well, a friend mentioned it would be nice when flying through clouds
Just need to test if an accelerometer is good enough.
The MPU6050 are very cheap and there is a Gyro all in one package.
Nov 18, 2012, 10:54 AM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimshotcopter View Post
The MPU6050 are very cheap and there is a Gyro all in one package.
Ordered... At that price I can just as well use both accelerometer and gyro
Nov 18, 2012, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Just did a quick test...

Lots of weird lines on the screen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAFR7...ature=youtu.be
Not perfect yet, but getting there.
Dennis,
Is this still the same project that we started this thread with as in this schematic? -
Thanks,
Rick
Nov 18, 2012, 11:05 AM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickEis View Post
Dennis,
Is this still the same project that we started this thread with as in this schematic? -
Thanks,
Rick
No sorry, it's with a MAX7456 OSD chip instead. It gives a lot of extra CPU-time to do whatever you want
Nov 18, 2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
No sorry, it's with a MAX7456 OSD chip instead. It gives a lot of extra CPU-time to do whatever you want
Hi Dennis,

Would it be possible for you post the schematic and code you are working with so far, even though it is not polished ?

Even though it is not perfected....it is fun to follow

I have a https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9168 so maybe I could incorporate it also for others to follow

Thanks again for sharing,

Rick
Nov 18, 2012, 11:30 AM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi Dennis,

Would it be possible for you post the schematic and code you are working with so far, even though it is not polished ?

Even though it is not perfected....it is fun to follow

I have a https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9168 so maybe I could incorporate it also for others to follow

Thanks again for sharing,

Rick
The breakout-board from sparkfun will be compatible and just needs a few wires to an Arduino or similiar

I'm not quite sure what I'll do with the project yet, but there is already quite a few MAX7456 OSD's out there if you need some inspiration.
Nov 18, 2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
The breakout-board from sparkfun will be compatible and just needs a few wires to an Arduino or similiar

I'm not quite sure what I'll do with the project yet, but there is already quite a few MAX7456 OSD's out there if you need some inspiration.
Dennis,

Your open source work inspires me (not sure about the others !! -
I have been looking for a simple schematic (as you say "needs a few wires" ) and small piece of code (that works to connect an arduino to this sparkfun board to get me started. Can't find one !

Rick
Nov 18, 2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Dennis,

I have been looking for a simple schematic (as you say "needs a few wires" ) and small piece of code (that works to connect an arduino to this sparkfun board to get me started. Can't find one !

Rick
+1 to that!
Nov 18, 2012, 12:13 PM
I would like to know how to connect the few wires from the MAX7456 to an uno and a very simple code that would insert something like "hello world" onto the screen.
Nov 18, 2012, 12:18 PM
Just another user
Thread OP
Quote:
Dennis,

Rick
Thanks
Remember the reset-line must be pulled high on your board.

The code from Sparkfun gives a good idea about the communication with MAX7456. It's not copy-paste compatible with Arduino, but close
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9168

I plan to release everything sooner or later, but not until I have a descent version available.

Schematic will be available when the PCB arrives and have been confirmed to work
Nov 18, 2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
I would like to know how to connect the few wires from the MAX7456 to an uno and a very simple code that would insert something like "hello world" onto the screen.
Listed at the bottom of the page is some sample code and a schematic.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9168
Nov 18, 2012, 12:37 PM
Well, I have looked at the schematic and code at the bottom of Sparkfuns page but it appears I am missing some knowledge on connecting it and getting the code to compile with the arduino - So I am looking for some help Have you got something that works with the arduino and sparkfuns board?

Quick Reply