Dec 22, 2016, 06:43 AM
get your drive right...!

any demand for xcopterCalc - easy?

Dear eCalc community,
We are thinking about a xcopterCalc - easy version (according to propCalc - easy) optimized for small devices (e.g. smartphones) but with reduced functionality and result set.
Before starting work on this we would like to sound this idee here.
Please let us know your thoughts and what data you would expect to be displayed on the (reduced) result set.
Thanks for your feedback!

Merry Christmas
Markus
to remove ads between posts
Dec 31, 2016, 02:13 AM
get your drive right...!

Motor Length of Extreme Flight Xpwr Series?

Hi,

Does somebody have any Extreme Flight Xpwr Motor at Hand? we are looking for the (not published) motor length (without shaft) of the
- Xpwr 30CC
- Xpwr 35CC
- Xpwr 40CC
- Xpwr 60CC

Thanks for your help!

Happy New Year
Markus
Jan 09, 2017, 12:26 AM
get your drive right...!

eCalc Version 6.72 released

Hi,
We just released the new Version 6.72 of eCalc with variouse new Features:
- xcopterCalc - easy for small devices
- automatic language detection
- Wattmeter reading
- propCalc: estimated speed with partial load
- Toolbox
- and more...

enjoy eCalc 6.72
Markus
Jan 09, 2017, 01:24 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Hello,
can you finally remove limitations on motor voltage, please?
I'm long time user, but finding ecalc less and less usefull because it's not flexible in some ways and "just building stock setup" is boring ;-)
Anyway, real limitation for motor is it's peak power (and waste power dissipation), voltage is rarely an issue. I tested (many times and with many motors) 8 or 6S lipo setups with motors rated 4S, most of them still working after hours. But ecalc can't calculate such setup, example attached. Yes, this setup was flying for hours, no heat issues, etc.
On other setups calculation fails with "Division by zero" error. Some smaller motors (minicopter race setups) fails again with unrealistic values (but you can find many, many videos on YT with 6S setups).
IMO max voltage should be warning, but not limitation for calculations.
Jan 09, 2017, 01:55 PM
get your drive right...!
Thanks for your feedback. Do you have an amp reading at max throttle to investigate on this case?

Regarding the Informational message "The Motor Voltage is close or over to the Limit - please verify the max. allowed Motor Voltage / cell count":

Is the power of the optimum efficency > 90% of the rated max power of the motor the range for usage in partial load is inefficient. However - of corse your motor still runs at this voltage - but not efficient... That is the trigger for this informational (blue) message.
Jan 09, 2017, 03:32 PM
g0t rabb1t?
I'm not talking about informational message, take look into numbers (calculated amps, etc) - they clearly overflow (300 million amps?).
On real world scenario max amps/motor is ~21A, if i remember correctly. But this issue (overflow/limitation on higher-than-rated motor voltage) affects many motors, not only dualsky...
Jan 10, 2017, 12:47 PM
get your drive right...!
...that problem is now corrected ;-)
thanks for reporting
Jan 10, 2017, 01:23 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Thank you, tested - looks like it's working now. I guess, this is fixed with all motors now, right? Nice!
Just a note (no need to fix anything) - range estimator is somewhat pessimistic. Noticed with several setups, just as example - real world setup attached. Max range in best conditions is calculated as less than 5km (no drag, perfect speed), in reality - i got ~6km (example - 4.2km run is here, add flips and rolls at the end and still 350mAh remaining, which is more than enough for more than one kilometer, i can't find video with 6km run but i really did that too). But, i think, it's better to calculate less range - (real world results better than calculated).
Jan 10, 2017, 06:17 PM
can I please put in a simple feature request for prop calc?
Can you please consider adding a 'theoretical max distance' field to the partial load table?

In the simplest form, it can simply multiply speed x flight time. Or, perhaps it can be setup so that the user can input a 'cruise altitude', and the math can be done so that the plane must climb to the user-defined altitude and then the distance figured based on the amount of cruise throttle (% throttle value in the table).

Would something like this be feasible?

This would be great for FPV usage, to get an idea of how you far a plane can go.
Jan 11, 2017, 12:39 AM
get your drive right...!
...or a similar graph like on xcopterCalc? would that be fine too?
Jan 11, 2017, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCalc
...or a similar graph like on xcopterCalc? would that be fine too?
I'm not familiar with the xcopter graph (I only use prop calc). Can you provide an example?
Jan 11, 2017, 05:10 AM
get your drive right...!
here how it looks for copters:
Jan 11, 2017, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCalc
here how it looks for copters:
sure, that looks pretty cool
Jan 25, 2017, 11:27 AM
I would be interested in a graph like that as well! I just came here to suggest it, but I guess people are ahead of me!
Feb 09, 2017, 01:08 PM
get your drive right...!

eCalc YouTube Chennel

hi folks,

we have established the eCalc YouTube Channel and will highlight specific aspects of all sorts of calculations and how to use eCalc.

check-out and subscribe...

cheers markus