eCalc: Q&A for propCalc, fanCalc, heliCalc, xcopterCalc - Page 3 - RC Groups
Mar 18, 2013, 05:51 PM
This is your brain on heli's
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomgui
Hi,

80A, I can believe... that's a lot for a 120g motor BTW.

Also 9x6 is good, don't worry about stalled blades with this prop.
Well I think the 9x6 is too big for this motor. It is rated at 65Amps so 80 is too much. Also max power is 870 measured vs 800 rated.

Another indication is that I flew this setup today on a talon 90 and it tripped off the ESC.

The issue here though is why is ecalc so far off?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2013, 02:36 AM
Suspended Account
I meant the APC 9x6 is a good prop, not that it's a good prop for this setup

I think eCalc is wrong here because of a mistake on specs.
Mar 20, 2013, 09:56 PM
Anyone having issues with the latest ecalc propcalc? I just get "red numbers invalid..." and there are no red numbers.
Mar 20, 2013, 11:31 PM
I am not getting that issue but if you read above, i was getting some incorrect results.
Mar 21, 2013, 01:15 AM
get your drive right...!
Hi,
Please post a screen shot...

Cheers markus
Mar 21, 2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCalc
Hi,
Please post a screen shot...
eCalc won't let me. Can't copy or anything. It will generate a link (near bottom of screen "generate link") but won't let me copy it.
Regardless of what I input, when I click "Calculate" it says:
Remarks: Red marked value(s) represent(s) invalid numbers (NaN). Please check and correct.
There are no "red maked values". All looks good.

Older version ran fine. The pre explorer 8 problem version. I had the explorer 8 problem also and only could get the text page that said explorer 8 could be a problem.
Last edited by t.edwards; Mar 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
Mar 21, 2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.edwards
eCalc won't let me. .
Try hitting Shift and Print Screen together on your PC keyboard. This will copy the current screen to the clipboard regardless of what program is running. Then you can Paste into any image editing program to crop off the stuff you don't care about. I use Irfanview which is a free download and works great for simple image editing and converting from one file format to another.. Save the cropped image and upload as usual.
Mar 21, 2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr
Try hitting Shift and Print Screen together on your PC keyboard. This will copy the current screen to the clipboard.. .
Clipboard? There's a bunch of stuff I don't have a clue about.
Mar 21, 2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Clipboard? There's a bunch of stuff I don't have a clue about.
Are you on a computer or using a phone with these forums? Computers both PC and Mac have a Copy and Paste function. The clipboard is just sort of a virtual memory location. You can use it to Copy something in one program and then Paste it into another program. The Clipboard is where the copied info is stored until you Paste it. Its a pretty basic computer skill. You may have some reading to do if you have never done this before.
Mar 21, 2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr
Are you on a computer or using a phone with these forums? Computers both PC and Mac have a Copy and Paste function.
I'm on an IBM laptop that I wiped and installed XP Pro and all the udates/service packs etc. I understand cut/copy/paste. In eCalc, a right click won't even open the usual menu window. As I said I can create a link in eCalc (I assume so I could send or save the created page) but can't even copy the linkt. A right click does nothing. I don't seem to have any editing software installed that has a "drop down" clipboard.
Last edited by t.edwards; Mar 21, 2013 at 03:04 PM.
Mar 21, 2013, 03:23 PM
get your drive right...!
Hi edward,

this message comes if you do not have selected any/all componentes (battery, esc, motor&type) - calculate does only start if you have in each inputfield a valid number (1 or higher).
i guess you did not select all components.....

like this example attached.

cheers
markus
Mar 21, 2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eCalc
Hi edward,

this message comes if you do not have selected any/all componentes (battery, esc, motor&type) - calculate does only start if you have in each inputfield a valid number (1 or higher).
i guess you did not select all components.....

like this example attached.

cheers
markus
Thx, I think I see but don't understand. I clicked on listed stuff from the menu(s), like a 20a esc, AXI 2808/24, lipo, APC Electric E. No "custom" entries.

Your example has numeric values in the entries right of the selection like KV, no load current, limit, resistance, etc. I just have "NaN" instead of numeric entries. They're black, not red, also.

It's not filling in info it wants?
Mar 21, 2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
I'm on an IBM laptop that I wiped and installed XP Pro and all the udates/service packs etc. I understand cut/copy/paste. In eCalc, a right click won't even open the usual menu window. As I said I can create a link in eCalc (I assume so I could send or save the created page) but can't even copy the linkt. A right click does nothing. I don't seem to have any editing software installed that has a "drop down" clipboard.
Shift +Print Screen will copy an image of whatever is on the screen to the clipboard. You dont see the clipboard but its there. You can then paste the screen shot into any program that handles images. Paint will probably work. I suggested Irfanview. Just Google it and download. You don't need to right click anything and there are no drop down menus.
Mar 21, 2013, 04:02 PM
How's this? Thx rhodesengr. Don't know how to edit the excess but maybe this will help.
Mar 21, 2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
How's this? Thx rhodesengr. Don't know how to edit the excess but maybe this will help.
hey nice job. I use Irfanview to edit the excess. Go to Irfanview.com
Download and install. Open the image or just paste it in. Drag a box around the part you want to keep. Then go to the edit menu and click Crop Selection.