HK SS Series 18-20A ESC + OrangeRx Futaba FASST - No beeps, motor doesn't move :( - RC Groups
Jul 17, 2011, 01:37 PM
Discussion

HK SS Series 18-20A ESC + OrangeRx Futaba FASST - No beeps, motor doesn't move :(

Hi all,

I've bought/got this system:
- Hobbyking SS Series 18-20A ESC
- OrangeRx Futaba FASST Compatible 8Ch 2.4Ghz
- Futaba 6EX transmitter
- Turnigy 1300mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack
- AX 2308N 1100kv brushless Micro Motor

On my 1st try I turned on the transmitter and then connected the battery to the ESC (motor and receivers already connected), nothing happened.

After reading some posts on the net I turned on my transmitter, set the throttle to max and then turned the battery to the ESC, nothing happened.

After reading some other posts I set the trim to +120 (channel 3) and repeated the procedure, nothing happened.

Then, since I've got a Futaba transmitter I reversed channel 3, nothing happened...

What am I doing wrong, any help? Is the ESC malfuctioning? What is wrong with this setup (besides its owner)?

Thanks for all the help,

L. Pinho

P.S: If it helps, I can upload some pictures of the setup
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2011, 01:54 PM
Hi,
Don't take offence but... have you bound the receiver to the transmitter. I am guessing that you have just bought this setup ?

I have 6 of the SS 25 to 30 amp esc's and they work O.K.

Have you another esc you can test with ? Failing that, plug a servo into the throttle channel on the receiver and see if you can control the servo.
Jul 17, 2011, 02:20 PM
Hi,

no offence taken, sometimes the simplest things are forgotten.

I received stuff at different times, 1st the transmitter, then the receiver followed by the servos.
Then all the rest.

I bound the receiver and the transmitter before having the 3s battery (powering the receiver with a 4x1.5 batteries)

So, that, I didn't forgot, bright green led

Then, after receiving all the materials I tried the above settings (posted in #1 post).

Any servo works, even on channel 3 (throttle channel)... Should it work? How does the ESC knows that channel 3 is responsible for the throttle? (newbie questions)

No other ESC

Thanks,

L. Pinho
Last edited by lpinho; Jul 17, 2011 at 02:46 PM.
Jul 17, 2011, 03:19 PM
Well, found a post from 2007...

"The esc must be connected to the throttle channel"....

The shame, the stupidity, the lost of time....

Shame on me

Thanks for all the help, may this post help others with the lack of knowledge equivalent to mine :P
Jul 18, 2011, 01:41 PM
Been there - done that.... well not quite that but I definitely qualify for a T shirt

Glad you got it sorted.
Aug 16, 2011, 06:29 PM
Just incase someone else is looking here. I had to power up my trans while holding the button on the reciever. I learned this after about one hour of messing around with it.