Jul 16, 2011, 09:07 PM
Thread OP
Gallery

Trumpeter 1/350 Hornet CV-8 R/C conversion

Just completed my Trumpeter Hornet CV-8 R/C conversion.. running well.. like to share some photos along with our 1/350 group gathering ....
Last edited by cmpang; Jul 16, 2011 at 10:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2011, 09:18 PM
Thread OP
some video ...

Hornet 110716 a (3 min 40 sec)

Hornet 110716 b (2 min 29 sec)
Jul 17, 2011, 04:44 AM
Hello cmpang,

many thx for sharing that wonderful models with us !!! I think about to build the trumpeter "USS Arizona" next . Will see

BR

Rudi
Jul 17, 2011, 05:03 AM
Thread OP
Hi Rudi,

may be you can visit my build log on the Arizona..
Jul 17, 2011, 10:51 PM
HELLO Well since were sharing and talking about the 1.350 scale ships in RC . I have one that I will share. A few years ago I pick up the old 1.350 USS Missiouri BB 63. I did some work on it and converted it the USS montana BB 67. I only floated it one time but here are the pictures of some of the build and in our pond . I ran good but I had a feeling I could have lost it for I did not have enough free board . I see from the one that is showing how did you get the free board you have . I have a pair of small motors along with a 4 cell aaa pack along with a 2 channel reciver. JUST Wondering DON
Jul 17, 2011, 11:29 PM

USS montana pictures.

I forgot to add the pictures. I had to cast a new rear gun and some small parts. NOW IT sits on a shelf collecting dust along with a a couple of others. thank you for sharing the fleet and vid. DON THE RUSTbucket I just say I use a small 6 volt jell cell instead I have use both set ups in the pass. sorry
Jul 18, 2011, 12:48 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustbucket
....I had a feeling I could have lost it for I did not have enough free board ....
Hi Don,

sorry that I don't get what you mean by "free board"? do you mean the limited space in the hull for equipment installation?

cmPang
Jul 18, 2011, 01:05 AM
it is the area whear the ship sits in the water and how much space there is in between the deck and the water line. At least that is what I call it and had been told that is what it is. My ship sat to deep so when I was runing it alot of the water was coming over the deck. I see the others ones has more so that is why I was asking.
That was the first time I did an RC ship in that scale I usely will do the larger scales. Thanks for asking. IF I am wrong I dont have a problem with that one eather I am going by what I had been told in the pass. THE space between the water line whear the ships sit and how high the deck is from the water line.
DON The Rustbucket
Jul 18, 2011, 01:25 AM
Thread OP
Hi Don,

there is nothing wrong about the free-board on your 1/350 battle ships. They are just what it should be. Note how the crusier struggles with the wave near the end of the video clip below and you will see:

In Action s (0 min 41 sec)

the water line is only for reference.. when the ship is fully loaded, the ship will sit much lower... the key is to make your ship water tight.
Jul 18, 2011, 02:11 AM
OK thank you for the information I was thinking it was lower then it was suppose to be water tight was not a problem . I was thinking I could have lost it . I sure like your fleet . I have the lager older revell interprise that I converted into the Lex also use the gear box had it set up ready to go but after I did the montana I just let it sit .. This one is a little larger but that is one that may not ever see the water. .\
OK thank you so kindly . I am sure you know that scale way better then me. i usely dont do that scale in RC but I wanted to try something different. thank you
DON
Jul 18, 2011, 02:12 AM
by the way I like that last vid you just put on . GOOD JOB.
Jul 18, 2011, 02:17 AM
HEY I just watch the vid on u tube with out a flight of air craft would you tell me what your useing for RC power that ship handles grate For sure. It all most looks like the bow is planing or unless it is the cameral angle . ? I would like to see what the insides look like it may give me some ideas just wondering DON
Jul 18, 2011, 04:39 AM
Thread OP
Hi Don,

Since I had no intention to post a build log on the Hornet, I didn't take much photos during my build...

here is two of them showing the servo, motors and battery locations. The motors used are slow rev 280, flat tops..
Jul 18, 2011, 08:27 AM
Another beautiful build project cmpang.

BTW, Can you give the dimensions of your carrier.
Jul 18, 2011, 08:53 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by redboat219
Another beautiful build project cmpang.

BTW, Can you give the dimensions of your carrier.
Length: 720 mm Width: 100mm

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/a/en/...1127/1726.html

Quick Reply