Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
This thread is privately moderated by impostor, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 07:14 PM
Find More Posts by impostor
Renegade Eggroll
Discussion

P-40 Maiden fail! aRGH!!!

I've been itching to fly my Airfield 800mm P-40 in the air. So spent some time building it this week. Took her out to maiden this morning and it go so well.

Here's the video
Airfield 800mm P-40 Maiden (2 min 27 sec)

First off, with the 2S 30C 1000mah Sky Lipo, she kept lawn-darting like there's not enough power. After the 3 failed attempt, I was pissed off and irritated. So I put in the 3S 30C 1000mah Sky Lipo. I know that I shouldn't fly a 3S with the stock prop. But at that point, I didn't care. I just wanted to get her flying. And she flew. The elevator at 20% EXPO was super twitchy. At WOT, she really moves, but I didn't have her at WOT for more than a few seconds bc it'll burn up the motor.

At this point, I have to open her up to see what's been damaged with all the nose-diving I did this morning. The motor felt loose from the mount. I've got a GWS 8x4 prop that I'm going to try with the 3S. I'm going to rip out the rudder servo and control rod to lighten her up a bit. Anyone know how to pin the rudder? Drop me a reply please. I need help with that. I would really like to fly with the 3S instead of the 2S next time. But there's some work to be done on her before re-maidening...
to remove ads between posts