Steigeisen - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 04, 2011, 08:57 PM
Aussie F3K Team
I got it from a hobby shop that sells multiplex or hitec. They can order it in for you as a spare part
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2011, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machineman
Hi all,
My Steig is still my favorite plane and I choose it over my Salpeter, FW5 and Blaster 2.

There has been a an evolution of the settings I originally posted. The big difference now is I fly the Steig a lot more agressively (tighter turns)than when I started (smooth and open) and the setting reflect this:

1. My CG is a little way forward from what I normally fly my planes at, and is at 70mm from the L.E (recommended 73mm).
2. Snap flap is now at 5mm (yes 5mm) as the plane was getting mushy when I tried to do a tight turn. Now it flies much tighter circles and the flap does not make it draggy! I have it in all modes.
3. My differential has increased to about 35% (12mm up and 8mm down).
4. I have about 2mm of Rudder mixed into the Aileron to Rudder mix.
5. I have two thermal setting, a 2mm and a 4mm setting. I fly 90% of the time in the 2mm setting and the 4mm setting is only used in dead calm conditions or extreme thermals.
6. My reflex setting is -1.5mm, but I am thinking of going back to neutral with some down trim and try it for a while.
7. I have a two stage launch, the first (on a sprung switch) has 1mm positive flap for the rotation and the second (on a normal switch) has 1.5mm reflex.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marcus
Hi,

I going to try your CG point on very calm morning, that is interesting attitude

Gil
Nov 10, 2011, 10:26 PM

switch

I found one here

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...rds=ckn1142-nd

It just came in today, it looks like a dead ringer for my SD10-G.

I have not put it in yet. This is a spring on one side and toggle on the other.
Last edited by MEGAHURTZ; Nov 10, 2011 at 11:20 PM.
Nov 11, 2011, 06:02 PM
up from the skies
I'd like to say sorry for neglectin this thread I started.I crashed my steig acouple months ago(tried to fly with a dead li po)also it was brought to my attention that I spelled it wrong and I need to fix it.as soon as I figure out how I'll fix it. Also for weeks I couldn't log on cause it said my pass word was wrong,and I finally got that workin again.the good news is Cody shipped my new steig today. This one features top drive, instead of 4 servos in fuse. I can hardly wait to fly with all the New Mexico dlg guys again. And thanks to everybody whose taken the time to post on this thread.
Nov 11, 2011, 06:58 PM
I just picked up my new topdrive carbon wing from cody! the layup is far better than the last one. It seems a lot more durable too! really excited to get it going!!!

Thanks again Cody,

Brandon
Nov 11, 2011, 07:17 PM

switch outcome

I installed my new switch (I am a lefty) on the left side, momentary set forward so it helps me hold on to the radio.

This C&K switch has a harder snap. The momentary side is fine, the toggle side is the harder side.

The part that came out of the radio was a Salecom T80-T I would buy this one, if I did it again. Salecom T80-T flat toggle 0n 0ff (On).
Nov 12, 2011, 04:36 AM
Hugh Blackburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machineman
I got it from a hobby shop that sells multiplex or hitec. They can order it in for you as a spare part
Marcus you big fibber!

This the part:

http://www.worldhobbies.com/product_...5707_item.html

Thanks to Mike Stern & Nick Chitty for putting us onto this.

Hugh
Nov 12, 2011, 10:00 AM

switch price

Wow, I thought $7.50 was high from Digi key.

World Hobby at $23.

Salecom T8014B-(U)(short flat toggle, U2 for a long flat toggle
).
This is a On Off (On).

I see this switch in Salecom literature. I have not found in the USA.

http://www.salecom.com.tw/pdf/T80-T_.pdf
Nov 12, 2011, 10:31 AM
up from the skies
Does anyone know if the latest steigs ( top drive)are finishing out at the same weight as the previous ones(4 servo in fuse)?
Also if anyone has build/flight reports on the top drive version I'd like to read bout it
Nov 12, 2011, 11:54 AM
excelling at mediocrity
Post #2 irrelevant now.
Nov 12, 2011, 09:23 PM
Well done Tom

you can spell Steigeisen !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one too

Philip
Nov 12, 2011, 09:47 PM
up from the skies
Actually I can't spell or do math beyond about a 7th or 8th grade level.but I love flyin gliders
Nov 13, 2011, 12:05 AM
I also have a Steigeisen 4 servo in the fuselage and a SD10.
Now, if I can just get the programing figured out.
Nov 13, 2011, 12:15 AM
up from the skies
Megahurtz,I'm not the best guy to help program a radio,but I could share my set up- also a sd 10g.I know there's a way to load the whole set up from one tx to another. Cody did that for mine.
Nov 13, 2011, 12:44 AM
Geez, where were you guys when I was trying to sell my Steigeisen?