The FPV Raptor Thread - Page 10 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Apr 20, 2012, 06:05 AM
Registered User
hello guys. just a noobie here.. ive got a prob with my FPV raptor 1600mm .. i use ntm 35-36a 1400kv 550w motor.and its FPV setup. my raptor weight almost 2kg.?? will these motor can go lift trust to this weight?? is the 10x6 prop can fit and use with this plane??how its setup?? i tried 9x6,8x6. still no luck.. hope somene help me..
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2012, 09:06 AM
Registered User
cody069's Avatar
That motor has way to much power for the raptor..You won't get much bigger than a 8" prop on the plane
Apr 20, 2012, 02:24 PM
Plane crasher
seedo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069
That motor has way to much power for the raptor..You won't get much bigger than a 8" prop on the plane
no that motor is perfect, but much modding required and dremeling
http://youtu.be/E8odThPWKpY
Apr 20, 2012, 06:07 PM
Registered User
yeah..more mod i modify.. i put some extension on it..so that the 10 size prop will fit... now my question is,,will my raptor lift at 2kg setup with this prop??hope someone helps.thnx!
Apr 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
Registered User
cody069's Avatar
IT will fly...Might start to be a bit of a flying brick, you will have to fly a bit faster to keep it from stalling
Apr 21, 2012, 02:09 AM
Plane crasher
seedo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069
IT will fly...Might start to be a bit of a flying brick, you will have to fly a bit faster to keep it from stalling
if you have flaps on it will not stall
Apr 21, 2012, 03:06 AM
Registered User
cody069's Avatar
All aircraft can stall..Flaps or no flaps
Apr 22, 2012, 05:26 AM
Plane crasher
seedo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069
All aircraft can stall..Flaps or no flaps
am talking as my specs
Apr 22, 2012, 07:56 PM
Always looking towards the sky
Rick B's Avatar
Did yall have problems with the plane climbing? I am using one 3,2200- Zippy. Even when coming by on a low pass i am constantly holding down to keep the nose level. I did add some lead weight but didn`t help much. Surfaces all even and level. When i go WOT from idle it will go down for a sec. until i react to it. May hook 2, 3 cell 2200`s in parallel to add weight. Need opinions. thanks
Apr 23, 2012, 02:57 AM
Plane crasher
seedo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick B
Did yall have problems with the plane climbing? I am using one 3,2200- Zippy. Even when coming by on a low pass i am constantly holding down to keep the nose level. I did add some lead weight but didn`t help much. Surfaces all even and level. When i go WOT from idle it will go down for a sec. until i react to it. May hook 2, 3 cell 2200`s in parallel to add weight. Need opinions. thanks
your battery is too light for the plane so its tail heavy but another battery or wights or a bigger battery, i use 4000mah 3s battery and its great.
Apr 23, 2012, 04:54 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick B
Did yall have problems with the plane climbing? I am using one 3,2200- Zippy. Even when coming by on a low pass i am constantly holding down to keep the nose level. I did add some lead weight but didn`t help much. Surfaces all even and level. When i go WOT from idle it will go down for a sec. until i react to it. May hook 2, 3 cell 2200`s in parallel to add weight. Need opinions. thanks
I use a 35-42 1450kv and 650w... yes, pretty big, but flies very well. I use 2 2200 3S batteries, and the balance is perfect, the only problem with this setup is that i cant hand launch it, but its no problem, since I take off from every surface without a landing gear , only tape.

And as seedo have said, if you have flaps on you could fly slow, but without them, you need to have some speed.

Saludos!
Apr 23, 2012, 06:51 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by julupanter
I use a 35-42 1450kv and 650w... yes, pretty big, but flies very well. I use 2 2200 3S batteries, and the balance is perfect, the only problem with this setup is that i cant hand launch it, but its no problem, since I take off from every surface without a landing gear , only tape.

And as seedo have said, if you have flaps on you could fly slow, but without them, you need to have some speed.

Saludos!
How did you mount the motor? Could you give as some pictures?
Apr 23, 2012, 11:14 AM
Registered User
Guys! how about if i will use the 3 bladed prop. 8x6 3 blade prop?? and a 4s bat? will these add more power?? i check the web on h-king and i found tsome good motor to use...now im finding what motor to be used without modifying its mounting.. these is my choice that i found..can anyone give me idea. what is the best option to choose.

My setup will go around 2kg - 2.5 using fpv raptor 1.6m and can soon fit on 2m..

hope someone give me.what is the best. that ALREADY TESTED AND PROVEN.
these my options..

on NTM series.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00kv_560w.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00Kv_875w.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...50KV_310W.html


and for turnigy.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19038

these are my option.. i want to use 3 bladed props.at 8x6 size.. and i will use my esc, 55a turnigy trust. and i want some advice also.what is the best esc. if i use 4s battery. hope someone help me..
Apr 23, 2012, 02:01 PM
Registered User
Firatp's Avatar
Hi guys, today I made my maiden.
It is 1.75 kgs with fpv gear. I really impressed with its flight character.
I opened a small air inlets for cooling ESC. Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335203641.881154.jpg
Views: 238
Size: 48.7 KB
Description:

First of all I learned it does need flaps ( I have)

I like ....
Very easy for hand lunch.
Fly fast with stock motor and prop and climbs very well.
Stable in landing and does not stall easily.
I dislike
Stock Esc
Stock motor ( vibrates much)
Rudder connection is weak damaged after landings. Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335203780.092359.jpg
Views: 222
Size: 46.2 KB
Description:

Can anyone advice me the best way to repair and strengthen it?
(should I put hinge or just band it?)

Thanks
Apr 23, 2012, 05:02 PM
Registered User
cody069's Avatar
I cut the angle of the rudder more on the bottom , about 20 mm up at tip.

Stops it touching the ground


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 11769 Oct 28, 2017 11:06 AM
Discussion Skywalker or Lanyu FPV Raptor? alishanmao FPV Talk 142 Feb 10, 2016 02:49 PM
Discussion New home of Trappy's "Ultimate Zephyr FPV Build" Thread timnilson Other Websites 19 Mar 21, 2011 04:58 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM
Raptor - how to install thread malcolmm 3D Flying 1 Jan 15, 2005 06:29 PM